Photo

Will a monthly 2 hours F2P Cluster makes F2P interesting again?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Isndar

Isndar

ガーランド

• RS Name:Isndar
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Unity
  • Team:Malaysia

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:29 AM

PShSrEV.jpg
Clans fighting in a cluster

For the past couple of weeks(well, months tbh). The F2P Scene is pretty much having serious problem with the lack of activities.
We all here notice that most of PvP Clans in CD mainly do P2P PK on a weekly or some even on a daily basis and while the F2P scene, they'll fight in the Clan Wars Arena and not in the wilderness anymore and thus because of this, the F2P wilderness activity have dropped drastically until majority of clans stop raiding there.

So I think I may have a silly proposal to clans that might interest them.

Do you guys think maybe you all should start an F2P monthly cluster fights?

I believe maybe through cluster fight clans can finally put the F2P crash wars between one another on a deep slumber of coma for along period of time.

I mean, think of this like the movie The Purge. You get your opportunity to muster most of your members to apply for their job leaves for this day to spend their time with your clan. Imagine the activity peak from each of your clan members coming to this monthly cluster event and imagine the brawl that everyone will face during this time of the month

Also, the duration of the cluster uou guys can set like at least an hour or two so it would be fair and easier for alot of clans to agree on to participate with the fight. 2 hours should be ideal for everyone at least in m opinion.

So thoughts on this random idea?

Maybe CDUNC can give feedback for this idea?

E22ffGu.png
Stalking CDRSC 'low-fi' since 2004
Council | High Council | Warlord | Co-Leader | Leader
Currently Playing OSRS casually under the RSN - Isndar (level-125)
99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 97 Prayer
Leader of Unity | Malaysia's RS Community Clan

#2 Dark_Invoker

Dark_Invoker

Exodus Founder

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:59 AM

I completely agree and would love to / plan to organize something similar in the future once all our members have trained above 100 combat  :# . Something like America v The World would be cool or RoT + another clan v The World (not sure what would be fair as I'm unaware of ranks and memberlists at the moment). An all out cluster would be fun as well with multiple clans teaming with one another and fighting each other but I feel like RoT would dominate as they have closer ties to the #2 & #3 clans. 

Founder & Leader of Exodus
sigend2final.png-sigend1final.pngsigend2final.png-sigend1final.pngsigend2final.png-sigend1final.png
nightshipsmallcopy.png
sigend1final.pngsigend2final.pngsigend1final.pngsigend2final.pngsigend1final.pngsigend2final.pngsigend1final.png

We're Back

#3 xMike

xMike

Never Stop Smiling

• RS Name:xMike
  • Clan:Exodus
  • Team:Synergy

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

I like the idea but there's always going to be a toad who wants to ruin it for everyone.

Would probably work better with the mid or even small sized community. The later are actually respectable to eachother.

Edited by xMike, 08 January 2017 - 08:02 AM.

(Y)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Dan007121

Dan007121

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

I think it would be fun, but there would certainly be a clan or two who would like to fight for longer than 2 hours that will not end the fight peacefully.

#5 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Don't think a lot of members would show up. The clan world is a competitive world and most members want to know who won. It would be pointless to show up and lose sets while knowing there will be no clear winner. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of time.

B6vtfW6.png

Original DI Join Date: March 4 2006, 12:51 PM

#6 despeers

despeers

• RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Sovereign

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Rather not have one, rather keep the action in p2p

JYOgHSq.gif

#7 saddampbuh

saddampbuh

kim jong il's disciple

• RS Name:saddam_lives
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

this is a good idea, hope clans aren't too stuck up to team 

paying 200m to whoever can get name of my original banned account released, will pay even if you're someone i don't like

#8 Bow

Bow

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

It couldn't end up any worse than whats going on right now for at least the "top" clans, zilch.

Just from a publicity standpoint, it can't hurt to get involved for clans of any size or activity.

Senior Moderator- Feel free to PM me if you need any anything and I will do my best to help.

1QdnOee.png

#9 F O C U S ED

F O C U S ED

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Don't think a lot of members would show up. The clan world is a competitive world and most members want to know who won. It would be pointless to show up and lose sets while knowing there will be no clear winner. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of time.

yes coz rs is esport lol

#10 Benji

Benji

El Señor de los Cielos

• RS Status:Retired
  • Team:TKO Blitz

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

The only reason teams or clans do p2p its because dont have the ability to tank in f2p or have bad organization or cant pull 25-30 for a cap fight

Edited by Benji, 08 January 2017 - 09:36 AM.

2PCABQi.png

aPnZBLQ.png

#11 Joe.

Joe.

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

we wanted a midsized one when everybody stopped fighting each other regularly beginning of 2016, we even set up one cluster and all clans involved had fun I think it was Liths,TR,Forsaken,Downfall and maybe even Fools and a few smaller clans made an appearance, but then when we wanted to set another one up people would just get caught in the details of the times and numbers and teams and refused to do it again because they could never win and it probably looked bad for them

tl;dr people don't do this because the chance of winning is more important than fun 

downfall

#12 Br34k

Br34k

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

The only reason teams or clans do p2p its because dont have the ability to tank in f2p or have bad organization or cant pull 25-30 for a cap fight

lmfao? what? ahahahaha u need to update urself m8

#13 Pranati

Pranati

Threat Level: Midnight.

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

I support. 

Indubitably.

#14 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• Clan:Terror

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

I wouldn't mind. It can't be capped though, that defeats the purpose of a cluster. It has to be no rules so everyone can do their best. You want GMT clans to start off & then EST clans eventually seal the deal & allows participation for all clans. Furthermore, I think a lot of clans would be even more motivated  if this cluster was streamed. 

mMknUZz.gif

Coming from you, you are a screaming embarrassment. Nobody from any clan you are in actually thinks you are witty of funny, you make people cringe with your every post. Please hop off my ****, you are mad obsessed and your comebacks are 2/10 at best. Seriously, go ask your clanmates if they think you are cool/funny/fun to hang around, watch them pause before answering.
(01:24:01 PM) <Swarms> dude please shut the **** up on rsc you make it so cringe pedro you're a nobody bro you legit 
(01:24:19 PM) <Swarms> have 7k post in less than 6 years, you are trying to make a name for yourself in 2017 
(01:24:25 PM) <Swarms> go get a job, experience sun shine something
(02:54:07 PM) TheMaskedBandit No such nick/channel

#15 RscUser

RscUser

Don't Have One

• RS Name:Paul
  • Clan:In One

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

yes 

yes

yes

di member: no

I don't care. I just don't care E#

j3HHmXb.png

#16 Yoey Joey

Yoey Joey

• RS Name:Yoey Joey
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Exodus

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

IDK..  

EXODUS

(We've met our felon cap for USA members)

Worst computer in the clan community since 2004. 192 MB of RAM

Most Average computer in the clan community since 2016.

#17 Danne

Danne

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

everyone would just team on rot and rot will just win again :/

mcU4TJA.gif

mMknUZz.gif

#18 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

• RS Name:B0rntowildy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

everyone would just team on rot and rot will just win again :/

:wink:

#19 2avage

2avage

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

I wouldn't mind. It can't be capped though, that defeats the purpose of a cluster. It has to be no rules so everyone can do their best. You want GMT clans to start off & then EST clans eventually seal the deal & allows participation for all clans. Furthermore, I think a lot of clans would be even more motivated  if this cluster was streamed. 

I think he was suggesting the event would help spike activity for 1-2 hours with a cap and it was more of a fun skirmish rather then looking for an actual winner. Also with a cap I think this would encourage more clans to "give it their best" for that time period rather then leaving randomly and taking an ending. Agree with the streaming aspect. 

Ex Legendary Slayer of Dark Slayers
Ex Leader of Aftermath
Ex Founder / Leader of End of Tradition
Ex High Council of Clan Auris
Ex Fr (lol)
Ex Veteran of Violent Resolution

Quit since Eoc.

#20 xXxSlashxXx

xXxSlashxXx

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

with what clans lol

2syP4.png