We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Account banned and I do not know what else to do

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Im2much4y0u

Im2much4y0u

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:18 PM

I do not know if the jagex team will see this but it doesn't appear that they've seen anything else I've tried to communicate to them. My account, 2 Much Zerk, was banned on Christmas Day for using mousekeys 1-2 days prior to Christmas Day. The bot detection system must have picked up the mousekey program I used (cannot use windows mousekeys as I have a Mac) but I was told by a jmod I would be fine as long as it was 1:1, 1 action to 1 key, which it was. I would never think of cheating and I never have in the 11 years I've been playing rs. I quit rs when EOC was released and did not know about OSRS until this past March and I quickly joined back and jumped right back into the rs grind as if I never stopped. I love this game but having this account that I've put all of my work and passion into taken away for "macroing" when I would never dream of that is very depressing. I cannot get a response from jagex. I know once they think you have botted/realworld traded/etc. they probably just ignore you but I've tried tweeting, instagramming, :snapchatting, emailing and even writing letters to/at jagex every day since Christmas and getting absolutely nothing back just hurts. I absolutely do not want to quit this game. But it will so very hard to have all that work over all these years just disappear. Please jagex if you see this, help me. Also, everyone be warned, if you value your account, do not use any sort of 3rd party program. It's not worth it to only save you save you a click or two. Hope anyone that reads this has a blessed day.

-2 Much Zerk

#2 Astro Cloud

Astro Cloud

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:SV
  • Team:Sovereign

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Owners of games implement spyware technologies, especially for java script so they can detect things they want to monitor like autoclicking and botting. This will trigger if your account does the same repetitive motion for an extended period of time. This doesn't include mousekeys, because regardless of the fact your mouse position never moves, the timing of hitting buttons can never be the same. Usually it will flag accounts that are suspect and jagex manually takes a look at it later. They rarely ban accounts not autoing, because its easy for them to distinguish the difference. That and mousekey accounts don't normally get flagged in the first place.

Not saying you botted, but it is very very difficult for jagex to make a mistake with the system they use.

On the very low chance that you did not actually bot, hit up jagex on twitter on a weekday (its saturday right now no one is paying attention they're all at home). They will probably send you an appeal form and you can just say "I used mousekeys please check into it". No way will they make a mistake twice if they even did the first time. Streamers have been using AHK for years. They know what it is.

Edited by Astro Cloud, 07 January 2017 - 08:26 PM.

#3 Im2much4y0u

Im2much4y0u

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

This is the second time this has happened to me. First time it was actually ahk, it was when I first started back playing OSRS last March, I didn't understand it, I just tried to make it myself and was too ignorant to do so. This time I made sure it was 1:1. I keep getting told that the system can detect any 3rd party software and I used keyboard maestro, because I don't have windows, when I shouldn't have. And I only even used it TWICE for maybe 6-7 hours total. I just don't know how this happened and whether jagex believes me or not, I just want them to respond and hopefully check it out. I just can't let this account go without trying to get it back and without them knowing how much I care about it. I feel like I'm rambling now, my apologies. I'm just still devastated and it's been almost 2 weeks.
And thank you guys for not jumping to conclusions. It means a lot.

#4 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Moving to Questions where this is better suited. I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of suggestions though, aside from what you have mentioned that you already tried. Unfortunately using another program does have the potential to cause issues and then they aren't so eager to listen.

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Figment

Figment

The Loyal.

• RS Name:Figment
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Ruin
  • Team:Misfits

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:06 AM

I suggest you just take this L buddy. 

Either continue to play the game you love and restart or give it a break. 

Restarting can be quite fun and refreshing. Just one of those unfortunate things that you

can't let take your happiness. Wish you luck in finding a solution that soothes you. 

Currently Council in Ruin on my main Figtorious
Currently Council in Misfits on my pure Mayhem rekaM.

ex- KILLORGY - Member - QUIT GAME
ex- Mayhem Makers - Member - ENDED
ex- Pures Last Stand - Member - ENDED
ex- Conviction - Proud Member - ENDED
ex- Hazard - Member - ENDED
ex- Vendetta Pure clan - Council - ENDED
ex- Remedy - Elite - LEFT

ex- Ruin- Senior - ENDED
98gIxNE.gif

#6 Im2much4y0u

Im2much4y0u

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Thank you guys, I hope you have an amazing and fruitful 2017. I will try to post updates on the original post if anyone is concerned about how this turns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: