Photo

Back after 8+yrs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gameova05

gameova05

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Coming back after a massive absence and need some tips on how to get some money and get back into the game.

Currently I'm just fishing sharks and plan on selling them and stocking piling a few for myself for when I start slayer again.

Just curious what gear I'm after (melee based) and once back into slaying what targets I should aim to farm since whips and boots sell for nothing now.

Here is a SS of my stats: http:  //      imgur.   com/BJUbaj6

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also worth noting I only currently have 200k as before I quit I was hacked an left with nothing :(.

thanks in advance

#2 xXxSlashxXx

xXxSlashxXx

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

once u get decent stats green drags

#3 Run To GDZ

Run To GDZ

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

Most people play old school on these forums (old combat mechanics - game based on a saved version from august 2007)

Posted Image

#4 gameova05

gameova05

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

Don't you need to start again in order to play old school?

#5 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

Yes. It's not difficult to train everything back up though.

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums | 'True 2k8' Clanchat | @DivineForces | YouTube | #DF @ SeersIRC | Memberlist

hoW5M5P.gif

#6 gameova05

gameova05

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

difficult?... no, super time consuming ? hell yes! I remember how long it took the first time round. Everything I have done on this game was in oldschool

#7 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

If you wanted to play Old School, you would need to start over with fresh stats, bank, and everything. But if you do, there are lots of awesome people like I Love You who can help you out with any tips or questions you need.

Assuming for the moment that you want to continue on in RS3 though, I would probably recommend doing Slayer. This will help you finish off your combat stats (sans prayer) and make you a decent chunk of change as you train it. Then you can use that money to progressively upgrade gear followed by more expensive (but useful) skills so you can get into higher level PvM/bossing and make even more! If you don't want to do Slayer or want other things to do to break up the monotony, you might choose to start levelling up your Runecrafting or Divination skills. Fishing sharks is generally a really poor use of time as you can do so much more and just buy the food instead. If you want to get going I can give you a few sharks so you can get started or you can get a cheaper food like swordfish or monkfish.

In terms of gear progression probably rune/dragon pieces as you can afford them is best for now, upgrading to bandos as you have funds available. There is also warpriest available as occasional drops from God Wars Dungeon mobs, but I'm not sure it would be productive to farm them with lower levelled gear.

If you would like to message me/need more info feel free to reply here or message me ingame (Arceuus). If I don't reply I am a little more preoccupied than usual, so hopefully no offense taken!

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 King_Riicky

King_Riicky

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hello and welcome back!

What i do advise to returning players is to get starting with slayer. Level your account, learn the new tips and tricks of combat, gear up and make some gold on the road. Huge advance of this is that it's really fun! Haha.

If you need some quick money then just high alch some stuff, there's a profit calculator on RuneWiki to help you out. Runite equipment is most likely always profit, if you have a nice gold stash, try Onyx bolts (e).

I hope this helps you out to get started ! :)

#9 Wooda

Wooda

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

Welcome back!!! I'm thinking of the same thing with returning, and buying membership for my main on OSRS. Hope you enjoy your time, and get back onto the grind!

Rillos.png

*How do you run from what's inside your head?*

School of Hardknocks - Enforcer / Moderator

#10 Thedynasty88

Thedynasty88

• RS Name:Ruzzio

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Yes. It's not difficult to train everything back up though.

This. I came back after 8+ years like you, gameova. I started OSRS in September and I'm already lvl 117 w/ 95 slay. Slay is ez gp.

RS2: Ex-Exer Warlord |Retired TR

#11 Isndar

Isndar

ガーランド

• RS Name:Isndar
  • Clan:Unity
  • Team:Malaysia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

I believe within a week you can achieve 60 combat

There is a guide that let you skips tons of hours through early questing

so if you gotta go fast, gotta pay fast for p2p and do the quests that gives combat experiences

by the time you reached mid combat levels, you can start killing cyclops in warriors guild and just camp there until you reached 70 att 70 str and 70 def

You will made like 1m+ per day inside that guild, give it a week and you'll be wearing torags in no time.

Edited by Isndar, 18 January 2017 - 08:51 AM.

E22ffGu.png
Stalking CDRSC 'low-fi' since 2004
Council | High Council | Warlord | Co-Leader | Leader
Currently Playing OSRS casually under the RSN - Isndar (level-125)
99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 97 Prayer
Leader of Unity | Malaysia's RS Community Clan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: