We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Total Noob at Pking and I'm Having Trouble Finding Guides Online f

OSRS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 subZero1123

subZero1123

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:44 PM

So as the title states, I'm trying to get into PKing, but it looks too damn complicated for me. Every time that I look online for guides on how to Pk it pretty much results in a bunch of posts and videos on different kinds of builds, and not actually explaining the player killing part. I chose to make a range tank, so the build part of making an account for PKing is out of the way. But now I actually have to figure out how a fight goes down in terms of when to switch, how to kill them from like half health, when to eat, and general stuff like that. So my question is, are there any guides out there that I missed that actually teach any of those things? Looking at videos of people PKing only confuses me further.

Edited by subZero1123, 27 December 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#2 Class1c Pk

Class1c Pk

Twang that sweet melon

• RS Name:Grunge Kid
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Good for you for trying! It should be very fun to learn and I wish I could do it again.

For range tanks, you basically are going to be going for d bow specs, ballista, lucky d bolt specs, vengeance combos, or outlasting your opponents. Generally, you'll switch to a spec weapon when you feel you can kill them with a hit for their full health or quickly after a nice hit. Also if your opponent hits high on your vengeance you could combo with a nice hit to get a kill. 

Eat when you know your opponent can kill you and learning how to combo eat with karambwans and sara brews can save you a lot of the time. 

The best way to learn is to actually go out and try to pk. You will learn much faster than watching videos and trying to "study" what other players do.

#3 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:11 PM

I don't really... know if there is any really good pking video out there since there is just so many builds out there and you have different tactics dependant  on your account build, most of pking is basically just baiting your opponent into doing one action and if all goes well you go all out and blast your specs out.

E.g. Dharoks PKing one of the main ways that you kill somebody is get to relatively low hp then you venge, they bust out their axes or ags specs, you eat a karambwan and ags spec with your venge and special attack comboing on them.

If you want to post your setup or what you're going for I can probably give you a bit of a lowdown.

#4 subZero1123

subZero1123

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

find guide

Um that is my question.

Good for you for trying! It should be very fun to learn and I wish I could do it again.

For range tanks, you basically are going to be going for d bow specs, ballista, lucky d bolt specs, vengeance combos, or outlasting your opponents. Generally, you'll switch to a spec weapon when you feel you can kill them with a hit for their full health or quickly after a nice hit. Also if your opponent hits high on your vengeance you could combo with a nice hit to get a kill. 

Eat when you know your opponent can kill you and learning how to combo eat with karambwans and sara brews can save you a lot of the time. 

The best way to learn is to actually go out and try to pk. You will learn much faster than watching videos and trying to "study" what other players do.

Thanks man, appreciate the advice!

I don't really... know if there is any really good pking video out there since there is just so many builds out there and you have different tactics dependant  on your account build, most of pking is basically just baiting your opponent into doing one action and if all goes well you go all out and blast your specs out.

E.g. Dharoks PKing one of the main ways that you kill somebody is get to relatively low hp then you venge, they bust out their axes or ags specs, you eat a karambwan and ags spec with your venge and special attack comboing on them.

If you want to post your setup or what you're going for I can probably give you a bit of a lowdown.

Really going for 

stats:

Attack: 70
Strength: 70
Defence: 70-75-99
Ranged: 99
Magic: 99
Prayer: 52

with a void setup. Problem is I have no idea how to combo as in how to get in like 2 hits within a short range of time in order for them not to have enough time to eat or something like that.

#5 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

find guide

Um that is my question.

Really going for 

stats:

with a void setup. Problem is I have no idea how to combo as in how to get in like 2 hits within a short range of time in order for them not to have enough time to eat or something like that.

Range tanks really just get their kills with venge kills or they get lucky with a dbow spec. I would recommend getting access to heavy ballista though, just means grinding out MM2 requirements.

#6 Class1c Pk

Class1c Pk

Twang that sweet melon

• RS Name:Grunge Kid
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

Have you started our account yet? Range tanks are very viable, but not good accounts to just start up and pk tbh. For instance, the necessity of barrows gloves alone will mean you'll at least have to build an account for 1-2 weeks

Have you thought of making a simple low-level f2p pking build? You could probably make a decent one in a week. You could learn the basics before jumping into members where most have been pking for years. Just a thought

Edited by Class1c Pk, 28 December 2016 - 02:21 AM.

#7 subZero1123

subZero1123

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

Have you started our account yet? Range tanks are very viable, but not good accounts to just start up and pk tbh. For instance, the necessity of barrows gloves alone will mean you'll at least have to build an account for 1-2 weeks

Have you thought of making a simple low-level f2p pking build? You could probably make a decent one in a week. You could learn the basics before jumping into members where most have been pking for years. Just a thought

Ye I started the account about 2 days ago, I have 30,30,4 too late for a f2p pure I'm guessing.

find guide

Um that is my question.

Really going for 

stats:

Range tanks really just get their kills with venge kills or they get lucky with a dbow spec. I would recommend getting access to heavy ballista though, just means grinding out MM2 requirements.

Alright I'll put that to my goal list, thanks man!+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: