We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
RS3

Advice for a returning player?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Divine_SkiII

Divine_SkiII

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

I originally started playing RS probably around '04/05 back in high school, right up to 2012, with a break of a couple years betweeen 2009-11 - recently got the itch to start playing again but I'm utterly lost (quit right around the start of EoC I believe)

I've recovered my original "main" account, level ~105 or so with probably around a 5m bank but I'd always preferred the skilling aspect of the game to combat and have managed to recover my old level 3 account with a pretty healthy bank thanks to true rising price of rares over time and some decent levels (base of 70 in most stats). The level 3 is the one I'll most likely play with now.

My overall questions are really;

Is item-transferring allowed now or still banned? I.e. Can I move items from my unwanted "main" to my skilling account?

Is skilling still a common way of playing or are most people combat-oriented?

What's the major changes I've missed - anything post Dungeoneering I suppose, mostly with regards to skills rather than new bosses etc.?

Are people still social/happy to chat and hang out? Towards the end of my time the game got noticeably more "single player" with very little public interaction ("it's xp waste to type" >.>) or are there places people still chat and hang out?
Posted Image
Visit my G&A Thread here

#2 It Me KF

It Me KF

★★★★★

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:11 AM

you can transfer items without worrying about breaking the rules, Jagex removed the multi-logging rule awhile back

RS3 is majority skilling and PvM based

There has been the release of two new skills AFTER Dungeoneering, Divination and Invention

Divination is Similar to RuneCrafting, pretty easy and afkable

Invention Im not 100% certain, I quit RS3 entirely after the release of Divination

Zybez has a Clan Chat that you can hang around in, also there are multiple social clans that are about in every world, I dont think you'll have too much trouble finding one, although a vast majority of players on here now, focus solely on oldschool runescape

hope this helps

Query KF on SwiftIRC for Any Questions about Downfall - RSC Voted Best Community

olPrlr2.png?1

5KOIjnM.png

Downfall ~Advisor | Downfall Forums | Elite Zerks Forums | Elite Zerks 5JdNPZd.png?1Warlord

#3 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

Moving this to Questions where it is better suited.

Yeah you can transfer wealth freely. Skilling is alright but roughly half to a third of the money of pvming. I think most people are more into pvm these days and only really skill seeking a pet or a 99/120 cape. There's Invention and Divination, which can help you skill a little faster with the right combinations of perks. Other than that, not too much skill-wise, assuming you know about Prifddinas.

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Endless

Endless

Who dares wins

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:TBA
  • Team:ex-VH

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:14 AM

Observe the community, there will be some interesting changes in store.

FebFccm.jpg

CT's excuse generator is currently being re-worked and updated to version 2.66 due to recent failures of processing the right excuse

#5 Run To GDZ

Run To GDZ

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

Play osrs

#6 Emiliano

Emiliano

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

sell your items, make a osrs account transfer your cash to osrs, don't play rs3 anymore

Tweet Me: @SleepAffect
293x2xy.gif

#7 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

RS3 is quite diverse in that there is really something for everyone, if you want to skill you can go for the skilling pets, 120 stats, 200m stats and there is good money to be made. On the other hand, bossing is the best money in the game, there is a multitude of bosses to choose from that all have their own tactics and methods of taking down. You can go for the completionists cape, you can go for the master quest cape if you like lore, you can do any number of things, it all depends what you want from the game.

Arc covered most of the main updates, if you want a more comprehensive list of updates you might wanna check out this page that lists all updates on the wiki.

http://runescape.wik...te:Game_updates

#8 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:50 PM

Don't transfer yet. See if you like it first both on the low and high level account. The change is quite big to be honest.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#9 King_Riicky

King_Riicky

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

Hi Divine welcome back,

I'm a RS3 player myself, and a lot of a skiller. Invention skill is a great new thing for returning players, changes the game a lot. You can train it while skilling too, and there are a lot of new things. 

Check out the elven city Priff, it's a great place to train some skills.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: