We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Nintendo switch

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 October 2016 - 9:36 AM

In an introductory video released today (http://www.nintendo.com/switch), Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.

“Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”

Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles, which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them. Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:

• 505 Games

• Activision Publishing, Inc.

• ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.

• ATLUS CO., LTD.

• Audiokinetic Inc.

• Autodesk, Inc.

• BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.

• Bethesda

• CAPCOM CO., LTD.

• Codemasters®

• CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.

• DeNA Co., Ltd.

• Electronic Arts

• Epic Games Inc.

• Firelight Technologies

• FromSoftware, Inc.

• Frozenbyte

• GameTrust

• GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.

• Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.

• HAMSTER Corporation

• Havok

• INTI CREATES CO., LTD.

• KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.

• Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

• LEVEL-5 Inc.

• Marvelous Inc.

• Maximum Games, LLC

• Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.

• Parity Bit Inc.

• PlatinumGames Inc.

• RAD Game Tools, Inc.

• RecoChoku Co., Ltd.

• SEGA Games Co., Ltd.

• Silicon Studio Corporation

• Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.

• SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

• Starbreeze Studios

• Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

• Telltale Games

• THQ Nordic

• Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.

• TT Games

• UBISOFT

• Ubitus Inc.

• Unity Technologies, Inc.

• Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

• Web Technology Corp

3EB3Bur.png

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN NINTENDO WAS SAVED

Hyped!!

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#2 T H E Do0rs

T H E Do0rs

★★★★★

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Seems interesting but I wish they'd just make a mainstream console with decent specs. An Xbox One/PS4 that plays Nintendo exclusives is what I was hoping for.

R5s30rf.gif

dZTOFTp.png

af3c52635082d650cffb4cdcefeef0a6.png

65fac328e552a572e6b3854e8e6b7747.png

#3 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Super excited, I've always been more of a Nintendo fanboy than everything else since DK64 and Pokemon. Hopefully they can bring out some super cool games like The Legend of Zelda that is coming out next year and the showcasing of a new Mario game by the looks in the video.

xD4B8ER.png

#4 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

Super excited, I've always been more of a Nintendo fanboy than everything else since DK64 and Pokemon. Hopefully they can bring out some super cool games like The Legend of Zelda that is coming out next year and the showcasing of a new Mario game by the looks in the video.

They seem to be launching Mario Kart too? Saw a MK8-like screenshot with King Boo on the internet.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#5 ZOUPA

ZOUPA

Everything I touch is a spaceship

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 20 October 2016 - 1:30 PM

I cant wait to get called over to a rooftop party across the street so I can bring my nintendo switch, or play basketball under an interstate bridge then play basketball on a 4x4 screen under said interstate bridge

#CDRSC

#6 The Corf

The Corf

The Corf has been quintupled!

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:The Corf
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 20 October 2016 - 2:16 PM

The only actual console that seems worth getting and isn't just an underpowered HTPC, hell yeah.

Depending on my financial situation at that point, i will get this.

#7 ex0tic

ex0tic

• RS Name:ex0tic x0x
  • Clan:TLP

Posted 20 October 2016 - 5:52 PM

oooo

#8 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 21 October 2016 - 9:23 AM

I can't wait to go mad looking for a lost piece.

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#9 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 21 October 2016 - 9:26 AM

I cant wait to get called over to a rooftop party across the street so I can bring my nintendo switch, or play basketball under an interstate bridge then play basketball on a 4x4 screen under said interstate bridge

I will personally invite you to my rooftop party across the street so you can bring your Nintendo Switch so we can play single-player games such as the legend of zelda

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#10 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

• RS Name:Surette
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Everything we know about Nintendo Switch

March 3rd, $300

Breath of the Wild trailer is gorgeous.

Posted Image

#11 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

60 dollar for a year of online seems reasonable, but some livestream sources said the 'free' games are only available as long as you hold the subscription - kind of like PS+...Surely NES/SNES games aren't the reason you buy the Switch but Nintendo has been milking the same NES games for the past decade now. Just allow access to these games, I'm sure some people bought the games more than enough times now.

Also the voice app sounds like trash, at that point you might as well use Discord, Skype or actually call your friends via Wi-Fi.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#12 Ace

Ace

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

I don't really care for what I've seen of it so far. I do believe they did say however that they weren't going to let it "cannibalize" the 3ds, which hopefully means they will continue to work with both of the systems. 

That said, progress has been made none the less. You always have to taken into account that Nintendo tends to normally stay a little behind quality wise sometimes so that their handheld and portable consoles remain efficient and affordable.

#13 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Seems interesting but I wish they'd just make a mainstream console with decent specs. An Xbox One/PS4 that plays Nintendo exclusives is what I was hoping for.

Well they don't have anything like the kind of resources Sony and Microsoft can draw upon, so always have to try and do something different.

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#14 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 13 January 2017 - 5:44 PM

I don't really care for what I've seen of it so far. I do believe they did say however that they weren't going to let it "cannibalize" the 3ds, which hopefully means they will continue to work with both of the systems. 

That said, progress has been made none the less. You always have to taken into account that Nintendo tends to normally stay a little behind quality wise sometimes so that their handheld and portable consoles remain efficient and affordable.

I remember reading that the DS would be a third system alongside GameCube / Gameboy too.. wouldn't trust it for now to be honest.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#15 2avage

2avage

Posted 14 January 2017 - 2:57 PM

60 dollar for a year of online seems reasonable, but some livestream sources said the 'free' games are only available as long as you hold the subscription - kind of like PS+...Surely NES/SNES games aren't the reason you buy the Switch but Nintendo has been milking the same NES games for the past decade now. Just allow access to these games, I'm sure some people bought the games more than enough times now.

Also the voice app sounds like trash, at that point you might as well use Discord, Skype or actually call your friends via Wi-Fi.

Its reasonable for Sony and Microsoft to charge this but Nintendo is no where close to this level of service. Having to use your smart phone to have voice communication................The free games you get each month are not yours to keep even if you have a subscription its basically a 1 month free trial then you have to buy the game to continue to play. All of Nintendo's online crap leaves little to be desired. Honestly I hope this does well, but I will take a wait and see approach as I was burned on the Wii U.

Edited by 2avage, 14 January 2017 - 2:57 PM.

Ex Legendary Slayer of Dark Slayers
Ex Leader of Aftermath
Ex Founder / Leader of End of Tradition
Ex High Council of Clan Auris
Ex Fr (lol)
Ex Veteran of Violent Resolution

Quit since Eoc.

#16 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 27 January 2017 - 1:57 PM

The switch is a cool idea, but Nintendo really showed how out of touch they are with the recent showing of it.

+ The idea of a mobile, home hybrid is neat.

+ HD Rumble sounds fun.

+ Price is not bad for the tech.

+ Console and interface look good.

+ I prefer cartrages over disks anyway.

+ First party offerings sound good.

- Real talk, in what scenario outside public transportation are you going to use the switch in handheld mode, seems niche and directed to japan and city life.

- Not easy to carry around in portable mode. The 3ds is a much better option in most cases.

- HORRIBLE attempt at Xbox Gold/PS+.

- Online is still backwards and it costs money now.

- Terrible launch window.

- 1-2-3 Switch is a good, but niche idea... if it was a free pack in. It's not.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#17 2avage

2avage

Posted 03 March 2017 - 2:15 PM

Just thought I would bump this up, Zelda looks amazing and is definitely a system buyer. I will wait for things to come down a bit, I just feel like im getting completely ripped off paying 70 bucks for memory card, 80 for joy con set, 70 for pro controller (ps4 controller much better and cheaper). Maybe a nice holiday bundle will come out that helps offset the ridiculous cost Nintendo charges for accessories.
Ex Legendary Slayer of Dark Slayers
Ex Leader of Aftermath
Ex Founder / Leader of End of Tradition
Ex High Council of Clan Auris
Ex Fr (lol)
Ex Veteran of Violent Resolution

Quit since Eoc.

#18 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 03 March 2017 - 2:37 PM

Just thought I would bump this up, Zelda looks amazing and is definitely a system buyer. I will wait for things to come down a bit, I just feel like im getting completely ripped off paying 70 bucks for memory card, 80 for joy con set, 70 for pro controller (ps4 controller much better and cheaper). Maybe a nice holiday bundle will come out that helps offset the ridiculous cost Nintendo charges for accessories.

Memory cards for digital console games are silly anyway. For handhelds it's easier I suppose but for the Switch it's pretty bad.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#19 Minin Cracka

Minin Cracka

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

The lack of memory alone is enough for me not to be hyped ill give it some time and see more reviews but im not impressed with it. It was a cool idea but i feel executed poorly by nintendo.

http://img44.imagesh...90630204228.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#20 Syracuse

Syracuse

Posted 21 May 2017 - 5:50 PM

I need to buy this

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: