Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-11-30 at 21:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
Hybrid

OSRS or RS3?

OSRS RS3

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 LaserTurken9

LaserTurken9

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Gongor
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:AvY

Posted 24 March 2017 - 4:54 AM

obviously osrs

#42 Darky

Darky

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Maxed

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

I play both, one for skilling and one more for pvp but if I had to chose it would be RS3.  I am much more attached to the acc that I have been playing for like 12+ years than I am my osrs acc that I mostly afked while playing rs3 so i could get back into pvp clanning..

Posted Image

#43 Syrsly

Syrsly

Artist and Twitch VR Streamer

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Watching You
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 March 2017 - 1:47 PM

I don't play RS at all any more, but if there's ever a RS reboot (all players start at level 1 again) made with modern gameplay mechanics and billing structure similar to Guild Wars 2 or Black Desert Online, I'll be one of the first to pounce on that.

I haven't played RS since 2007. I stopped playing it regularly in 2005. I mostly hanged out at Zybez rather than playing the game. I made the RSFuture and RSAdvance Flash movies.

Need a website? Check out my portfolio!

#44 iReap

iReap

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:IIReap

Posted 28 March 2017 - 4:33 PM

Recently, osrs for me. Nostalgia aside, if I wanted popups every time I logged into a game I paid for I would play farmville.

Posted Image

#45 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Playing OSRS for the time being. It's fun but probably also because I don't care about my xp gains and stuff..just walking from Varrock to Lumbridge feels fun and simple again.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#46 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 29 March 2017 - 9:05 PM

I've pretty much completely switched to osrs at this point. The constant promotions on rs3 got to me, the feel of the game also starting feeling way too goofy for me to be invested in. It's nice playing a game where my day to day accomplishments mean something and the goal posts of my accomplishments don't move.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#47 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 29 March 2017 - 9:51 PM

I've pretty much completely switched to osrs at this point. The constant promotions on rs3 got to me, the feel of the game also starting feeling way too goofy for me to be invested in. It's nice playing a game where my day to day accomplishments mean something and the goal posts of my accomplishments don't move.

I'm replaying a lot of old quests and too be honest they're just as simple and goofy in nature.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#48 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

I'm replaying a lot of old quests and too be honest they're just as simple and goofy in nature.

Yeah, it's nice to see your player character be dopey, and sometimes causing more trouble, instead of heroic.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#49 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 30 March 2017 - 6:21 AM

Yeah, it's nice to see your player character be dopey, and sometimes causing more trouble, instead of heroic.

I'm guessing Priest in Peril might be one of your favorites then. The constant hero theme does get annoying.

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#50 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 30 March 2017 - 7:15 AM

I'm guessing Priest in Peril might be one of your favorites then. The constant hero theme does get annoying.

I mean I've been replaying some of the basic quests yet and the impression you get from your character so far is that he/she is an generally uninterested person just looking for some quests. The dialogue with Romei is for instance also hilarious.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#51 Studs

Studs

• RS Name:Studs
  • Clan:Skills Inc

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

osrs all day

10 HP Skilling Clan - www.skills-inc.com

'The Defence Skiller' YouTube Series

#52 Hentailover11

Hentailover11

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 April 2017 - 7:44 AM

osrs 4 life

#53 K A P P A

K A P P A

Posted 08 April 2017 - 2:36 PM

Osrs

#54 Only1Bader

Only1Bader

• RS Name:Only1Bader

Posted 15 April 2017 - 2:55 AM

OSRS, whenever i log into RS3 which is rarely i just spin the camera around and log out. Osrs just does it for me, the old school graphics, skills taking time and patience to level, hopefully old friends may return one day

OSRS Skills & Goals                                                               RS3 Skills & Goals - Stopped playing in 2013 for OSRS

Only1Bader.pngOnly1Bader.png  

Only1Bader.pngOnly1Bader.png

Only1Bader.png

#55 z0mb

z0mb

• RS Name:Pile Me xD

Posted 15 April 2017 - 8:27 PM

I really enjoy a lot of the QOL updates to OSRS I feel like the dev team cares more for it tbh

#56 camels_juice

camels_juice

• RS Name:camels juice
  • Clan:Fatality

Posted 14 May 2017 - 4:23 AM

i came back for osrs, didn't understand the rs3 combat mechanism

#57 deez420

deez420

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

osrs feels more like runescape

#58 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Tom Cruise

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

I have 10 years on RS3. Contrast that to less than a day's worth of time on OSR (literally only did Cook's Assistant and got like 35 Magic). The appeal of OSR is nice, don't get me wrong - at the same time though, I can't bring myself to invest time into OSR when I already have SO much time, effort, and even memories invested into RS3. If I was able to import my stats from RS3 at the time of OSR's launch, MAYBE that answer would change.

I only started playing RS in the twilight of 2007 - I was still a ridiculous noob who kept getting scammed by others and ganked by highwaymen. When the changes to free trade and the Wilderness on 10 December actually took place, I really had no strong feelings one way or the other because I didn't even finish Heroes' Quest until like January of 2008 (I think, it's hard to pinpoint). The vast majority of my fondest memories playing RS occurred between 2008 and 2010, significantly beyond the scope of OSR. I'm already committed and invested into the quest lines that I've dedicated countless hours to. I've had a blast killing bosses and doing PvE/PvP activities that have come out long since 2007 - Soul Wars, Fist of Guthix, Stealing Creation, etc.

Let's say that I get the OSR bug in me and I decide to fire up the game. All it takes is for me to appear in Lumbridge to realise just how primitive the game is for my tastes. I ****ing hate standing around waiting for a red splat to appear whenever I'm fighting something. Perhaps it's my exposure to games like Dark Souls, The Witcher, hell even RS3 post-EOC but I actually want to feel like I'm doing something when I'm fighting an enemy instead of just letting RNG determine it for me. Do I REALLY want to re-enact the horrors of Desert Treasure by having to climb up the Ice Path and fighting Kamil while all my magic casts splash on him? Do I REALLY want to relive the inarticulate rage I felt trying to complete Monkey Madness and watching the Jungle Demon tank all my arrows? Nah son, I'm NOT game for any of that whatsoever.

If you like OSR, more power to you. At the same time however, I'm not game to relive experiences that I'll have even LESS patience for as a 20-something adult in college.

#59 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

Posted 23 May 2017 - 7:49 AM

Now that I've completed a large chunk of all available quests in OSRS, I'd say RS3 had better developed lore over time. Some ''basic'' quests are still missing in OSRS. Shame Jagex can't add some of the normal quests (2007-2009 fun quests) back to make the quest series feel a bit more progressed.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#60 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

Now that I've completed a large chunk of all available quests in OSRS, I'd say RS3 had better developed lore over time. Some ''basic'' quests are still missing in OSRS. Shame Jagex can't add some of the normal quests (2007-2009 fun quests) back to make the quest series feel a bit more progressed.

I think they can, and probably will but we're looking at a few years in the future when the team has almost doubled in size and we get some good writers. Their main argument, and something that I don't really agree with is that quests need to come with a reward, and a reason for completing that quest - if that's the case, why not add the content via something else that doesn't require a few months development? In other words, the majority have to want to play through the quest, instead of just doing so because of the reward that you get, and, well, because quests aren't replayable, it's a bit of a waste of development time.

They are just on serious time restraints with their small team size, so when they get team where they content they develop isn't just bare bones I think we can see some really cool lore and quests - they've already discussed wanting to do their own take on prif where over a period of time we work on and build prif, rather than just doing a quest and having it appear.

xD4B8ER.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: