We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
- - - - -
RS3

The Post Comp Life - Invention MEGAUPDATE

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

I hope you keep updating this thread, I love seeing screenshots like this.

Ask and ye shall receive.

So basically since the start of this thread I've been watching the MIB cartoon show. Great series, I highly recommend it. Anyways, each Araxxor kill takes roughly the same amount of time as an episode. I had finally reached the end of the series, and when I reached the final episode I figured I might as well do one last Araxxor run while I'm up. Lo and behold, it was that kill that gave me my final leg piece:
Posted Image

Bank Tab after 3 leg pieces:
Posted Image

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#22 robin105

robin105

<(o.o)> hi.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

That's a lot of things you're going for, keep up the good work :-). Really enjoyed your thread! You have a beast of an account too :-).

#23 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:10 PM

Alright, going on a bit of a different direction. Been playing a bunch of Deadman mode, my goals for there are 99 mining/smithing and 99 slayer/maxed combat. Let's see how far I'll get before I get bored.

Today I hit some big milestones. Basically, every time I die I lose my entire bank, so I'm really proud that I was able to save up the 32k required to get a rune pickaxe
Posted Image

Even better, I got the 40 attack needed to wield it.
Posted Image

Even betterer, I got 60 mining so I can go in the mining guild. This is crucial because here coal rocks are just a step away from a safe spot. I died three times trying to mine at the dwarven mines/ardougne coal mine, and I seriously doubt there will be any pkers here. Now I just have to get 67 mining so if I die I'll still be able to use the mining guild. After that it's time to start training slayer.
Posted Image

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#24 deadwizard123

deadwizard123

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >

Posted 05 November 2015 - 7:46 PM

This thread reminds me of the old days.

#25 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

So, I finally did my first DMM quest:

Posted Image

Unfortunately this came at a high price. Apparently right outside the wizard's tower there is a multi area, and apparently steel armor and 45 hit points doesn't lend itself well to surviving against multiple people in black dragonhide. But no matter. All my rune items were deposit box'd and an hour at the mining guild and I've already made my bank back. But this got me thinking: I'm definitely going to need at least 43 prayer before questing again. I found a relatively safe spot to kill hill giants, and I'm well on my way on restoring my stats. This is what I got by the end of the night:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just shy of Protect Magic. Damn.

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#26 Claveler

Claveler
  • Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Claveler
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 09 November 2015 - 2:53 PM

Not a huge fan of RS3 anymore but it will be interesting to see how far you'll get on the DMM mode. Won't be playing it myself but still fun to keep track on some their progress. Congratz completing the first quest and best of luck on the new adventure. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#27 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 28 January 2016 - 8:20 AM

BIG NEWS

Invention is out. This might possibly be my toughest challenge in keeping my comp cape. Follow me on my journey!

So, I fooled around a bit with invention on the first few days. Obviously there have been a ton of changes due to the public outcry of all the RS players. In my experimentation, I inadvertently gained 16 invention, just enough to augment body armor.

Posted Image

Because they severely buffed the amount of exp one gets leveling up their weapon, I thought I would combine training invention with my previous goal: earning enough money to buy future skills such as invention. As such, I augmented my weapon and armor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I probably wasn't going to sell the bow anyways. So to test it out I did three Arraxor runs to see how much exp my bow would get. After all, you get 15k combat exp for killing Arraxor and 13k for Araxxi, so a full run would be a whopping 28k exp, and if it's a 1:1 ratio for my bow then I should get the 40k exp for level 10 in just two runs!

Posted Image

... This is going to take awhile.

So, turns out I need 27 invention to siphon my weapons without losing them. So, experimented a bit and leveled up my chaotic rapiers and disassembled them. Turns out, offhand variants level up half as fast as mainhands. Either way, just the one weapon got me from 22-27
Posted Image

That got me to my goal, but I decided to level up the off hand to 5 completely and disassemble it anyways. Not going to need t80s... probably. Got me from 27-30.

Posted Image

I heard on Monday that they were going to reduce the component cost of exp siphons, so I figured I would wait before making them. In the meantime, I'll get level up my gear. Made a couple of perks, and decided to go with these.

Posted Image
Invigorating increased my adrenaline which would be great, and I have no idea if Scavenging will be useful, especially since I won't be really pay attention to my messages to see if it worked. It's pretty lackluster during Acid/Darkness week, but killing minion spiders is probably pretty good. Come to think of it, the Precision perk is probably far better. Dammit.

Posted Image
Took a bunch of gizmos to get Lucky, but it'll be worth it considering how often Araxxor hits. Couldn't get Reflexes without a bad perk, and Undead Bait seems least bad. Reflexes means I'll (hopefully) have Anticipation every Araxxor special without having to use Freedom, but I will have less of a window to use it.

I did one run, and found that killing Araxxor (during spider weeks anyways) gives ~1000 weapon exp and ~700 armor exp. Given that it takes 40k exp to get to level 10... I may have to change strategies.

Alright, it's been a long time since I've updated and a lot of stuff has happened, so I'll just provide context and let my pictures do the talking.

So, in case you haven't been keeping up with Invention training methods, there are two methods that have caught my eye: Siphoning a Noxious Staff at Muspahs, or Siphoning a Noxious Scythe at Airuts. I already had a spider leg completed when invention came out, so I decided I would let Fate decide the method I would use: Whatever weapon I would be able to complete first would determine the method I use. And thus the Fates did decide:

Posted Image

Posted Image

However, by the time I got the eye drop I already had 2/3 leg pieces, so I continued doing Araxxor until I finished the leg. Here are all the drops (I still need to upload the middle piece). (Un?)fortunately, I also accidentally got a second top piece, so when I'm done with invention I'll try to complete that fourth leg piece as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Loot Tab (Noxious Bow, Noxious Staff, Spider Leg + Top Piece)

Posted Image

I, of course, have augmented my gear while I did Araxxor, so I was able to siphon my gear a couple of times. My perks were Venomblood (very useful), Lucky (marginally useful), Reflexes(extremely useful), and Clear Headed 2 (extremely useful). These are the incidental invention levels I was able to obtain.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Additionally, I also crossed this threshold:
Posted Image

It's Muspahs from here on out.

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#28 Duradonna

Duradonna

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >

Posted 17 February 2016 - 7:04 PM

Still don't get the Invention skill, but good luck !

#29 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 21 February 2016 - 5:16 PM

Out of curiosity how many Araxxor kills have you done for 3 2/3 legs (or total, if you have even more hiding somewhere :innocent: ).

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#30 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 25 November 2016 - 3:25 PM

Out of curiosity how many Araxxor kills have you done for 3 2/3 legs (or total, if you have even more hiding somewhere :innocent: ).

Sorry for the late reply. I have 475 kills. My end count is 2 bows, 2 scythes, and one staff. Here are the weapon piece drops:

am0Ymoi.png

Qn0sZCU.pngB3evXyc.png

Here are all the leg piece drops:

Spoiler

Here's the final final loot tab:

lhIqLSR.png

Here's me putting everything together:

Spoiler

So since I already had a bow, I disassembled one so I could be set for noxious components for life. Meaning out of all the noxious weapons I made, I only ever sold a scythe:

kIVUKgw.png

I also cashed out on all my muspahs:

Ns8jg5P.png

I've decided to switch gears and train invention via Slayer, because apparently there's a rumor going around that they're going to make that a 120 skill, so I might as well get a head start. Still have awhile to go to get my comp cape back but at least I have my max cape back:

H7Ld28Y.png

Currently I'm at 108 invention:

YI2wEgo.png

You can find the rest of my invention levels here. Probably.

And here are some neat drops I got on the way. Funniest was back to back visages:

gNyZjPW.png

HimEA0n.png

and I got a couple pets:

w5M36c1.png

HHMn3Mu.png

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#31 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 25 November 2016 - 4:44 PM

You're pushing it on "late reply"  :XD: ..but yeah 120 Slayer is most likely a thing for next year, unfortunately. Better get going on that!

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#32 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 16 September 2018 - 2:18 PM

My final pic for this topic. 115 slayer, still quite a bit aways from my comp cape, but I'll get it back. Been great scaping with you all.

QkuvXfx.jpg

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#33 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

20XX

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Vriska
  • Clan:Zchat
  • Team:Gold Star

Posted 16 September 2018 - 5:09 PM

Always enjoyed following you topic, cheers for updating it.

Catch you in game buddy! ;-)

hCnqskF.png

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: