Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-11-30 at 21:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
- - - - -
RS3

The Post Comp Life - Invention MEGAUPDATE

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 04 September 2015 - 1:39 PM

Yoto's Pre Completionist Cape Adventures

First, let me tell you a bit about my account. I started playing back in Runescape Classic in order to impress the cool kids. I spent my time using sleeping bags in the middle of scorpion-infested mines trying to earn enough for an adamant short sword. A few months later I was on the verge of quitting, and then RS2 came out and I never looked back. I was in middle school, and my after school activities primarily included going to the library to level my account. By the time I convinced my parents to get membership, the cool kids have long since stopped playing. But I was hooked. My first month of membership I spent my time ranging fire giants in the Baxtorian Falls. It was a crowded area, and competition was fierce to attack the giants first. I remember getting so excited to get level 86 so I could finally left-click them. It was there at the fire giants I met Timm37, who convinced me to join his small clan Aftermath. Soon I learned there was a topic about one of our fights on some strange forum called Runescape Community, so I immediately signed up to defend my clan. On these forums I saw an up and coming Senior Member called Dark Blade75 post victory topics for the undefeated Dark Slayers. I desperately wanted to join this clan so I could fight alongside my idol, and so I trained my combat to meet their requirements. But even when I made it, there was a great pressure to max out my combat stats as they were pretty useful in pvp combat. And so, despite thinking thirteen million exp was an impossible task when I first started, I resolved myself to max out my combat for my clan. After doing it four times, I realized that getting 99 wasn't that herculean of a task, so I maxed out each skill that held my interest. Eventually I found I had over half my stats at 99, and figured I shouldn't give up halfway. I maxed out skill after skill, sometimes multiples at once. My combat stats have long since been lost to the ravages of time and old computers, but I do have a substantial amount of max skill pictures.

Spoiler

If I can find my other 99s I'll add them. But eventually I did it. Not only did I max, but I got the Completionist Cape as well. In fact, it even won AoTM:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So now what? I still love playing this game, but what do I do now that I have a Comp Cape?

GOALS

Overall: Keep my comp cape until Jagex stops updating the game.

CURRENT PROGRESS

Posted Image

Previous Reqs:

BIG NEWS

Invention is out. This might possibly be my toughest challenge in keeping my comp cape. Follow me on my journey!

Most Recent Kill

Now that I have a noxious staff I can focus on training invention by siphoning my staff at muspahs. With this final leg completed I am going to hold off doing Araxxor until I can get my comp cape back. In total I have made a Noxious Bow, Noxious Staff, a completed leg, and about 200 mil in drops. These are my last drops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loot Tab (Noxious Bow, Noxious Staff, Spider Leg + Top Piece)

Posted Image

Previous Kills

Misc.

Posted Image

Spoiler

RS3 Goals Put on Hold

Spoiler

About Me

What do you want to know? I'll update this section as people ask.

Fin

Posted Image

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#2 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 04 September 2015 - 1:58 PM

Very nice thread! Looks like you still have a bit to go on trim though so get to it buddy ;-).

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#3 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 04 September 2015 - 2:00 PM

Very nice thread! Looks like you still have a bit to go on trim though so get to it buddy ;-).

I'm not able to check what I've already done at the moment. There are a non-zero amount of things I've done for trim, but yea by and large I have to do most of it.

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#4 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 04 September 2015 - 2:12 PM

Best of luck with getting your Comp Cape trimmed and Araxxor! Looking forward to your progress.

Edited by I Love You, 04 September 2015 - 2:13 PM.

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums

hoW5M5P.gif

#5 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

Posted 04 September 2015 - 2:16 PM

I'm not able to check what I've already done at the moment. There are a non-zero amount of things I've done for trim, but yea by and large I have to do most of it.
Ah, not able to log on at the moment? Can always update later ^_^.

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#6 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 04 September 2015 - 2:35 PM

in the Heroes tab under completionist you can see the complete list of both normal and trimmed comp reqs.

#7 Kenny

Kenny

Mars

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Mars

Posted 04 September 2015 - 8:50 PM

Good luck, you might find Agility/Runecrafting annoying although surprisingly enough for me those were two skills were actually two of my favourites in getting 99. I like doing things repeatedly while listening to music/watching tv and those 2 capes were ones that I really wanted to get at the time :-).

Unlike many others I actually don't like skills such as slayer where you have to constantly change tasks and move to different locations.

Posted Image

#8 Yoda

Yoda

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 8:58 PM

We probably crossed paths in the scorpion mines. I was doing the same thing back then. Did plenty of fire giants too.
Posted Image
Think before you speak.

#9 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Good luck, you might find Agility/Runecrafting annoying although surprisingly enough for me those were two skills were actually two of my favourites in getting 99. I like doing things repeatedly while listening to music/watching tv and those 2 capes were ones that I really wanted to get at the time :-).

Unlike many others I actually don't like skills such as slayer where you have to constantly change tasks and move to different locations.

Thankfully for me I did Runecrafting after Runespan came out, so it was fairly decent exp. When I'm leveling up the only thing that affects my level of frustration is the exp/hr, as I like to judge how many hours I am from my goal based on exp rates. So as you can imagine, farming was my biggest headache, as the only farming training method that even had exp/hr is Livid Farms, at just 27k/hr. Slayer was maddeningly slow, but at least I could focus on finishing each task as mini-goals.

We probably crossed paths in the scorpion mines. I was doing the same thing back then. Did plenty of fire giants too.

Very possible! Actually the day before I met Timm37, I was approached by a Follower of Malkav to join their clan. I checked them out, and they seemed a bit too much like a pyramid scheme for my liking, so I joined Aftermath instead.

Anyways, big news! I foolishly did a bunch of araxxor kills last night at 2 am, and I decided to go to bed when I got my last leg piece!

Posted Image

Now I get to do any path I want until I get hopefully a spider's eye.

Here are the rest of the drops. The ones worth over 1 mil are in the spoiler below
Spoiler

Here is my bank after getting the final leg piece.

Posted Image

I haven't seen any other spider pieces so far, so it might take quite awhile to finish the item.

In other news, I started working on my first trimmed requirement: Chompy kills. The requirement is 4,000. I'm at...
Posted Image

... This might take awhile.

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#10 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

It's okay; once you lose your sanity at around 1K, it's all downhill from there :lol:.

#11 Haddy

Haddy

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Haddock
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 13 September 2015 - 4:00 PM

Good luck with the road to trimmed insanity! I see you're working on that just fine with the Chompy kills. That and the Profound armour give me nightmares and I haven't even got a trimmed cape on my current account!

Keep going and remember, if you need someone to do a couple of these goals with you, please hesitate to ask me!

#12 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 13 September 2015 - 4:01 PM

Keep going and remember, if you need someone to do a couple of these goals with you, please hesitate to ask me!

Do I...Do I ask you or not? Guess I'm hesitating already!

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#13 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

The big thing for this week was the reclaiming of my comp cape. I had two whole days of not having it, and I have to say that my hands were shaking by the end of it. Not because I was nervous, but my hand was cramping from all the times I died to Lord Draken. But I did it! Fun quest, fun boss battle, 3/10 worst quest ever - IGN.
Posted Image

On the chompy front, I made an embarrassingly small amount of progress:
Posted Image

As for Araxxor, my luck seems to have run dry. After the legendary pet nerf, I just did not get any good drops. Only two out of dozens broke the 1 mil mark. And here they are!
Posted Image
Posted Image

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#14 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 07 October 2015 - 9:14 PM

Big news! I finally completed my weapon. I was thinking of selling it, but I kind of like the idea of using a weapon I made myself, so I've already equipped and started using it.
Posted Image

I even got a picture of my crafting it so you can join in on the fun
Posted Image

Total bank worth after finishing the noxious longbow, gonna sell everything but the longbow:
Posted Image

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#15 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

Congrats on the bow! I'm looking to get one myself here shortly.

#16 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:27 PM

On a hot streak lately. I forgot to take a picture, but I just finished the new quest so I have retained my comp cape.
Posted Image

To celebrate, I did a couple of Araxxor. Literally, I only did two, and got a leg piece:
Posted Image

What makes this amazing is not two days ago I got a top piece:
Posted Image

Seriously, take a look at my bank pics. It's only been a few kills
Posted Image
Posted Image

Minimal progress on chompy kills. I hate doing that.

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#17 Blurple

Blurple

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:42 PM

I have 46 requirements left for normal comp, let alone trim. Good luck with that. How goes the Cwars game count?

Hill giants, man, those were the days in classic lol. That and black knight fortress guard camping with iron chain/bronze med so that you could run through the door to get the guards inside and out of the castle. :woeh:

#18 Yoto32

Yoto32

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:13 AM

I have 46 requirements left for normal comp, let alone trim. Good luck with that. How goes the Cwars game count?

Hill giants, man, those were the days in classic lol. That and black knight fortress guard camping with iron chain/bronze med so that you could run through the door to get the guards inside and out of the castle. :woeh:

Cwars is a new req: instead of 5000 games you have to speak to Lanthus in Full Profound armor. Still takes a helluva lot of time, but much less than before. Still, I'm not going to touch that until I finish Chompy kills: I'm basically just going to go down the list one at a time. Helps keeps me focused.

Oh man, I remember training at hill giants. It was always so crowded, but the limpwurt drops were worth it. It was at hill giants where I hit my first attack in the double digits, you can probably imagine how excited 15 year old me was. I actually did most of my mid-level training on moss giants in the mid wilderness too. Hmm... never really realized how integral the giant race was to my progress.

Good luck with your comp cape, sounds like you have a lot to go.

3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
New Boards

#19 Jamandy52

Jamandy52

Posted 25 October 2015 - 1:58 AM

Rally enjoyed your intro! Cool to see you working at keeping the cape! I'm still trying to get it for the first time, but I have a ways to go yet!

#20 rsSly

rsSly

• RS Name:Sly
  • Clan:Sixx Am
  • Team:CakeArmy

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:03 AM

I hope you keep updating this thread, I love seeing screenshots like this.

Posted Image

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: