Photo

Your golden age playing runescape.

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Yoda

Yoda

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

Can you think of a particular update or time in the game when you were absolutely engrossed while playing runescape?

I remember when castle wars was released I was completely absorbed into the game.   Much schoolwork was put aside to play castle wars. haha.
Posted Image
Think before you speak.

#2 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Well, the little old niche of assisting runners at the air altar over in F2P, and then crafting earth runes with FoG gloves when Fist of Guthix was filled to the brim and popular was one hell of a time. When I wasn't being crashed at the altar for various reasons, that is. :XD:

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Ace

Ace

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

Around 2010-2011 since my character was finally near max combat level and surprisingly maxed in a lot of other skills as well.

#4 War Front

War Front

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

My memorable time was probably running into Hill Giants with random people that I just met, leading them into battle. :lol: Good times.

#5 jacko

jacko

you come at the king, you best not miss

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Probably around 2006. I was maxed out combat wise, and at that time if you were maxed out you pretty much had the game by the balls.

Surprisingly, I have fond memories of the BH craters too. Everything and anything after that was and is utter dog****.

[-Moderator & PKD Staff, PM me for assistance-]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Old school PKer. Over 300 Dharok set PK's as of 13/09/08.

#6 Lavapheonix2

Lavapheonix2

Perhaps

• RS Status:Member
  • Team:magebank

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

whenever dung came out

i started obsessing over gravites/chaotics and was fixated on getting 200m xp

Edited by Lavapheonix2, 27 August 2015 - 02:27 PM.

Stealing another clan's signature is against the rules. Don't put it back. - Yorick

#7 Vils

Vils

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

I used to basically live at Clan Wars even though I was 60-80 combat the whole time, lol. Was crazy fun to me as a little kid. I just wanted to build my clan up and beat everyone there.

Skiller | Down Damage | Lev. 3

OSRS

#8 Haru

Haru

Be Not Afraid.

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

In 2007 I joined the mainstream clan world, was 17 years old and thus in high school still with near to no responsibilities, and I no-lifed RS / PKing, even solo PKing (death matching).

vpTCmIp.png

Most Active, Hated, and Controversial Clan

Echo of Silence since September 2009

Great Again: www.eos-rs.com

#9 Lucy Fer

Lucy Fer

Dumbledoofus

• RS Name:Lucy Fer

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:27 AM

I have 2 moments I keep in heart:

1st one is playing Bounty hunter (the crater version) in f2p, enjoying myself a lot, playing way to much.
2nd one was when Dg came out, lovely skill and lovely to perfect.

Posted Image

#10 Utsuro

Utsuro

• RS Name:Utsuro

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:59 AM

Honestly. The time between the removal of the wilderness and when they changed multi bh into single bh (dec 07 to around march 08). Between a momentarily dead player base, multi bh being the absolute best pking experience i've ever had, abusing safe spots in gwd for easy drops and finally summoning.

Then they got rid of multi bh instead of you know having some worlds for single and some for multi clan fights for several months (until clan wars came out) in which i lost all interest in the game. Seriously was it so hard to have multi and single worlds?

#11 deathsex

deathsex

• RS Name:Vampyr

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

Probably between 2005-2008, I hardout fiended for castle wars, hung out in world 111 with a bunch of friends, we were all high levelled and used to own the games, we pissed around a lot too there, ended up having full gold armour too from the amount of time we all spent there

#12 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:28 AM

I have two different ones to comment on, for two different reasons.

1. Corp Beast coming out. I was a staff member of one of Runescape's biggest pvm team's at the time, and we took Corp by the reins and camped here for close to a year and a half after release. As a clan we acquired well over 400+ sigils and I personally managed to get around 70 sigils for myself during that time. I used that money to start maxing out. I made countless friends there and honestly just had a fun time.

2. Dungeoneering release. I was in the top 100 people to get 99 Dungeoneering extremely fast after the skill came out, and was in the top 1500 to get 120. Thousands of hours of fun with people, more memories than I can care to explain, and hundreds of jokes and crazy things that happened during the rows and rows of floors we did.

#13 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Officer

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

Definitely would have to be 2010-2012 when I would lead VR PK trips every single day, 3 times a day to hit different clans in different timezones. A lot of school was skipped :-P

Mike|Cera_S6
Violent Resolution Officer | Adversity Warlord | Elusive Member | Immaculate Member
1geuK.jpg
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13) | Frozen Fury Member (16)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Adversity Warlord (15 - 17) | Flip Flops Member (16) | Elusive Member (16 - Present) | Immaculate Member (17 - Present)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Officer (06 - Present)

Eg1XIjr.pngqvDrX9K.png

ushLGon.pngmxPeorR.png

#14 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostArceus, on 12 August 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Well, the little old niche of assisting runners at the air altar over in F2P, and then crafting earth runes with FoG gloves when Fist of Guthix was filled to the brim and popular was one hell of a time. When I wasn't being crashed at the altar for various reasons, that is. :XD:
how can you get crashed at the air altar? Just wondering.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#15 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostThe duck, on 29 August 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Well as you know, at higher runecrafting levels, you can make/assist people to make more runes per essence. This was abbreviated into its own lexicon. For example, at level 77-87, you could make 8 airs per essence, so you would just say "8x" and maybe your name at the altar to advertise and runners would req assist you. The courteous way to do things would be for assisters to take turns. So if someone was offering 8x assist and you were 9x, you would go run runes yourself instead of crashing them and stealing all their runners (because you could make them slightly more money), and wait your turn.Obviously, not everyone conformed to this protocol :-P. There was also some nonsense with a certain friends chat trying to monolpolize it while meanwhile I wanted to run my own clan, and I couldn't be in two places at once.

Then there were members with level 99 Runecrafting (very few people had it F2P) which was 10x and I don't know what their motive was. This was during the effigyscape era, so you could assist two people with a Runecrafting effigy and be done...or over 200 loads worth of essence to make up that same xp. I guess they just enjoyed trolling.

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostArceus, on 29 August 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Well as you know, at higher runecrafting levels, you can make/assist people to make more runes per essence. This was abbreviated into its own lexicon. For example, at level 77-87, you could make 8 airs per essence, so you would just say "8x" and maybe your name at the altar to advertise and runners would req assist you. The courteous way to do things would be for assisters to take turns. So if someone was offering 8x assist and you were 9x, you would go run runes yourself instead of crashing them and stealing all their runners (because you could make them slightly more money), and wait your turn.Obviously, not everyone conformed to this protocol :-P. There was also some nonsense with a certain friends chat trying to monolpolize it while meanwhile I wanted to run my own clan, and I couldn't be in two places at once.

Then there were members with level 99 Runecrafting (very few people had it F2P) which was 10x and I don't know what their motive was. This was during the effigyscape era, so you could assist two people with a Runecrafting effigy and be done...or over 200 loads worth of essence to make up that same xp. I guess they just enjoyed trolling.
Suck to read, especially since your motivation was sincere. :-( I thought crashing in regards to the wilderness which confused me as neither altar is near the wilderness at all.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#17 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostThe duck, on 29 August 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

View PostArceus, on 29 August 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

Suck to read, especially since your motivation was sincere. :-( I thought crashing in regards to the wilderness which confused me as neither altar is near the wilderness at all.
Yeah it was a pretty nifty exchange. We helped noobs or people playing on second accounts make money, and they helped us earn experience. Still though, I don't regret doing it and I did have plenty of good times.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 nygiants8021

nygiants8021

• Clan:Dragonwood

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

I started playing my freshman year of HS so from 05-09, RS was it for me.

#19 Badge

Badge

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

2010- 2011

#20 SomethingRoyal

SomethingRoyal

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

When dungeoneering came out. To be honest I actually really hated the skill when it came out, but grew to love it-and to this day it's still my favorite skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: