Improved Looting is here – another update fuelled by your feedback from the RuneScape Beta.
With a single click, bring up the new, customisable loot window and grab everything in the surrounding area that meets your criteria.
This has the potential to significantly change how you play, so we've given you the option to use old-style looting, if you prefer.
Read on for more information!
How to Use Improved Looting
The improved looting mechanics are switched on by default, and you can customise them through the Game Settings interface. If you'd rather stick to the old loot mechanics, this is also where you can toggle them off.
Simply left-click a piece of loot and the new looting interface will open. It will gather and display all loot that you're eligible to pick up. Then, you can click individual items to transfer them to your backpack, or click 'Loot All' to grab everything.
To customise the Loot interface, first go to the Game Settings interface, then click the new 'Loot Options' button.
This enables you to toggle the loot interface entirely (default on), toggle area looting (default off) and toggle right-click activation of the Loot interface (default off).
This is also where you can set up custom loot criteria. This lets you set a minimum coin value and various categories - 'herblore items,' 'prayer items,' etc. – which can be ticked in any combination you wish. Selecting any of these will add a 'Loot Custom' button to the Loot interface, which will pick up any items which meet the criteria you've set.
Note that the Loot interface cannot be used in most minigames, and that area looting requires line of sight to the item in question.
Also, certain items – such as those specifically related to quests – cannot be picked up through the Loot interface. You can pick up any such items in the old way by right-clicking them, as long as right-click activation is turned off.
This comes fresh from the RuneScape Beta, and is another example of the quality-of-life improvements we can make with your help. Let us know what you think!
The RuneScape Team
Community Road Trip - This Week
How'd you like to win Cooler Master goodies, Bonds, and merch? Well, they're all on offer if you take part in our Community Road Trip – the perfect accompaniment to getting your daily chits.
What's it all about, though? Find out how can you get involved.
This week's tasks:
- Forum: Mods Infinity and MattHe have set you some forum tasks this week to get some of those all-important codes. Check them out in our Road Trip forum.
- Twitter: Check out our Twitter account. In some of our posts next week we'll be posting a special hashtag, which is your code. Keep your eyes peeled!
- Snapchat: Our Snapchat account – search ‘RuneScapeGame' on Snapchat to find it – will be posting a code in various images we'll put in our Snapchat Story over the course of the week. Again, keep your eyes peeled and make a note of the code!
This Week's Live Streams
Here's what to expect from this week's Developer Q&A and Community live streams:
Developer Q&A – 16:00 UTC (game time), Tuesday 12th May
Our weekly Developer Q&A gives you the chance to ask your questions, about the latest update, upcoming plans, and any other burning RuneScape-related questions you may have!
This week's panel will include:
- Mod Pi – Combat Specialist and Ninja
- Mod Kelpie – RuneScape Project Manager and Head Ninja
- Mod Rowley - Content Developer and Guardian
Opening 10,000 Hard Clue Scrolls – 20:00 UTC (game time), Tuesday 12th May
Continuing on from last week's 10,000 Medium clues, Mods James and Simon this week will be opening up 10,000 Hard clue scroll caskets (5,000 each) and showing off the loot.
Check out both of these streams on our Twitch channel.
In Other News
- There's a new Lores & Histories story for lore fans, plus a revamped Lores & Histories page. Do let us know if you enjoyed it, and if you'd like to see more stories like this in the future.
Edited by The duck, 17 May 2015 - 9:19 AM.