Photo

When do you think Runescape will shut down?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Runescape shutting down

When do you think Runescape will shut down?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

When do you think Old School Runescape will shut down?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think you will still be playing Runescape when it is about to shut down?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 player83843

player83843

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:02 PM

runescape has run into the problem where the skill gap between players is just way to immense......a new player stands NO chance at this game anymore, so hopefully they can just find fun among being a noob, and maybe run into a few nice players

#22 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

runescape has run into the problem where the skill gap between players is just way to immense......a new player stands NO chance at this game anymore, so hopefully they can just find fun among being a noob, and maybe run into a few nice players

Very true, the best way to get invested in any game is to play it with your friends, and if there isn't anybody at your level doing the activities you're doing then you won't be able to make any friends. The time of irl friends all trying this game together has long since passed.
There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath

Yeah but what I talk about is complete nonsense the vast majority of it

#23 RSN_Stare

RSN_Stare

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:23 AM

It will never shut down don't say that

#24 Pielots

Pielots

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

It will never shut down don't say that

exactly, it will always go on

#25 Rob

Rob

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Don't see it shutting down in the foreseeable future. Even if Jagex (or a company that buys Jagex) were to drop the game completely, there will certainly be third party servers out there that will keep it alive well beyond that point.

rMxqzZr.gif

djn2BBp.gif

#26 Colonello

Colonello

• RS Name:Colonello
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:18 PM

RuneScape is currently a very steady game that still has years left. No matter how many updates Jagex makes to the game that players dislike, the game will go on. There is currently no signs that it is losing players, it's really an equal balance of players leaving and joining right now. Unless Jagex suddenly decides they aren't earning as much as they like then I feel RuneScape will last 5-10+ years no problem.

#27 Rickeo

Rickeo

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

I think it has enough steam to go on for years, assuming Jagex doesn't keep squandering money on other projects. At least, I hope it's around for a while! I'd have to vote 5-10 years as the most likely option though.

This.

It's really irritating to see Jagex releasing all these other titles which in my opinion are trash (sorry) they should focus on their number 1 success which is RuneScape.

Every other game they release turns out to be a disaster so I don't know why they don't put all their heart and soul into the game that people love. RuneScape still has tons of potential left in it, I just hope Jagex doesn't let that potential go to waste.

Additionally OSRS wont shut down unless RS3 does, they have enough resources to keep it running. If it goes it will all go together unless everyone simply stops playing OSRS that is. 

Edited by Rickeo, 12 October 2016 - 01:52 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: