Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 08:11. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Error connecting to server

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miztix

Miztix

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hi, my friend is trying to get into runescape, but every time he enters his info he gets this message: "Error connecting to server". Any way of fixing this?

#2 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Could you give us more details about your friend? There could be several potential issues:
  • RuneScape login servers having issues
  • DDoS's affecting logins
  • Computer firewall or something blocking internet access specifically to RuneScape
I assume he's playing the Old School version from your tag, right?

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#3 Miztix

Miztix

Posted 21 February 2015 - 3:10 PM

any more suggestions?

Edited by Miztix, 21 February 2015 - 3:14 PM.

#4 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 21 February 2015 - 6:41 PM

any more suggestions?

Like I mentioned before, in order for anyone to help you better, we're going to need more info. Which operating system, using the web page or client, are you sure the firewall isn't interfering (if you specify your firewall & A/V someone more tech adept than me could probably help with that), etc. Saying it doesn't work doesn't really give us enough to work with :-S.

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#5 Miztix

Miztix

Posted 22 February 2015 - 4:47 AM

any more suggestions?

Like I mentioned before, in order for anyone to help you better, we're going to need more info. Which operating system, using the web page or client, are you sure the firewall isn't interfering (if you specify your firewall & A/V someone more tech adept than me could probably help with that), etc. Saying it doesn't work doesn't really give us enough to work with :-S.
Windows 7 Professional
Processor: Intel core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 8GB
System: 64-bit

Internet provider: Cgates

His firewall is always off, so I don't think it's the case

Also he could play both runescape 3 and old school before, but when he wanted to come back (~3 days ago), this error occured. The only thing that he changed in his system are RAMs (4 --> 8). Runescape 3 doesn't work as well for him.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: