We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Help Us Improve Clan Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1552 replies to this topic

#1 Jaacco

Jaacco

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 05 February 2015 - 3:15 PM

Since the old topic is barely working anymore, I'm remaking this for more convenient posting.If you think you have a good clan related suggestion please post in this topic and a Senior Clan Staff member will comment on your suggestion ASAP. If it's a good suggestion that could end up in improving Clan Discussion, it will be discussed among the Clan Staff.Some basic guidelines:

• Do not post reports on this topic, either use the Report button or PM a CL/Moderator.
  • If you want to ask about a specific topic that is alright, but expect one reply explaining it. If you debate the topic on this thread and a CL+ says enough, accept the decision. You may PM whoever replied to your concern for more detail.
  • Do not make claims of CL's/Moderators being biased in this topic. If there is a specific problem you are having with a Clan Staff member, send a PM to one of the Senior Clans Staff members (Jaacco, Bow, HAR, Kevin., Yoto32 or Wee Man).
  • Do not create off-topic arguments on this topic. This topic is strictly for clan discussion suggestions and this is a serious topic.
  • If you spam, it will be removed and you could be suspended.
  • Do not post suggestions regarding the UNC; it is independent from Clan Discussion - we just host the forum. If you have questions regarding UNC, contact the leaders  Torreoria or Christy
  • For non-clan related suggestions please create a topic here instead of making a post on this topic.

Repeated instances of failing to obey those guidelines, or general trolling on this topic WILL result in a rating deduction and suspension. This topic is to help CD, not an avenue for you to get post count and complain.This thread is for you. CD is great because of the users; we need your support and suggestions to continue making progress.FREQUENTLY SUGGESTED IDEAS:The following ideas have been suggested and won't be happening anytime soon. Please try to avoid suggesting them again:

• Scrapping or changing the Top List - We aren't getting rid of it, and it is already pretty heavily modded. If it bothers you we really are sorry but try and avoid it.
  • Making any staff decisions based on clans. - We don't care what clan someone is in when considering whether to promote them.
  • Bias - Contrary to what you think, our moderators are very impartial and consult with others before making big decisions.
  • Modding certain topics - We have a general guideline that mods will not touch their own clan's topics. Circumstances sometimes require that they do, and we are not going to make it a steadfast rule.
  • A PM for every deleted post - Most of the time when posts are deleted, the person knows exactly why. We delete hundreds every week, and it would be too much work to PM everyone. If you are wondering what is wrong with your post, please PM any moderator and we can tell you.
  • Demoting individuals - If you have concerns about bias, PM Jaacco, Bow, HAR, Kevin., Yoto32, or Wee Man.
  • Concerns about IP addresses - Only Moderators+ have access to IP addresses; if there's a concern about abuse related to this, please contact any of the above names.

18QCC.png
TLDV9GR.png

King #17 - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.

#2 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 05 February 2015 - 3:31 PM

With the number of threads that end up locked (and I agree with the decision to do so) for flaimbaiting and the like, it would seem that people get too many warnings. For instance I've seen the same person make several threads within a short period of time, and there may have even been more that were hidden. A vacation from the forums, even if it's only for a day or two, might get the point across to them more quickly.

But from what I've seen (and I mainly read in this board), the moderators do a good job of handling things and responding to reports, so no complaints there!

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#3 Ross

Ross

Posted 05 February 2015 - 5:04 PM

I agree, there needs to be more severe consequences for individuals who continuously make flame-bait/ troll topics.

#4 Aragon

Aragon

Perseverantia Vincit

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

Could the old topic potentially be moved to the Clan Archive? As dumb as it sounds, there is a lot of history in there, would be a shame to see it buried in the main board.

uswi2T1.gif

-[ Former Clan Discussion Staff & Senior Moderator ]-

#5 Pietru

Pietru

Hey

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Pietru
  • Clan:Renegades
  • Team:RIP FF

Posted 06 February 2015 - 2:13 PM

Flamebait topics need to be dealt with in my opinion, 3/4 of the Clan Discussion posts are flamebaits towards other clans these days.

Only one with the courage to shoulder the

burden of their own fate can be called a hero..

yQQ2kab.png

FSK Oldschool - Now and Forever

Spoiler

#6 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:P ete R
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:The Rising

Posted 06 February 2015 - 2:18 PM

Flamebait topics need to be dealt with in my opinion, 3/4 of the Clan Discussion posts are flamebaits towards other clans these days.

Most of those topics are getting dealt with pretty quickly. Ofcourse if you see one open please do report them. Makes it for the staff a lot easier ;-)

Edited by ♥ Peter ♥, 06 February 2015 - 2:19 PM.

♪ If you aint ready to die, then why should you live. 

#7 Own u 1107

Own u 1107

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >

Posted 06 February 2015 - 2:48 PM

If you can't handle flame-baits on internet in 2015, then you got a problem.
Spoiler

#8 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 3:14 PM

Could the old topic potentially be moved to the Clan Archive? As dumb as it sounds, there is a lot of history in there, would be a shame to see it buried in the main board.

No, not needed, since there's already a link in the main topic.

Well we always deal with flame-baiting, we are just more lenient by trying to leave the topics open and deleting the bad posts. Report the topics and we will look into it.

DxnqbIG.gif

LtNmu8e.png

Wc8ZA8u.png

Global Moderator - PM me if you need any assistance 

#9 Ross

Ross

Posted 06 February 2015 - 3:23 PM

Well we always deal with flame-baiting, we are just more lenient by trying to leave the topics open and deleting the bad posts. Report the topics and we will look into it.

Can there be actual punishments for repeat offenders? Or can we change the rules associated with flame bait topics in CD, as its really becoming absurd.

#10 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 06 February 2015 - 3:50 PM

Can there be actual punishments for repeat offenders? Or can we change the rules associated with flame bait topics in CD, as its really becoming absurd.

Yeah suspensions.

DxnqbIG.gif

LtNmu8e.png

Wc8ZA8u.png

#11 Gig

Gig

Some clans always have an excuse, RoT always has the answer.

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • Clan:Rot
  • Team:Team Life

Posted 06 February 2015 - 7:47 PM

http://forums.zybez....es-on-didfvraf/

Our declaration topic was locked without receiving a response to our declaration. That is inconsistent with how declaration topics are handled.

#12 2avage

2avage

Posted 06 February 2015 - 8:22 PM

http://forums.zybez....es-on-didfvraf/

Our declaration topic was locked without receiving a response to our declaration. That is inconsistent with how declaration topics are handled.

any topic like that gets locked, been happening for years.
Ex Legendary Slayer of Dark Slayers
Ex Leader of Aftermath
Ex Founder / Leader of End of Tradition
Ex High Council of Clan Auris
Ex Fr (lol)
Ex Veteran of Violent Resolution

Quit since Eoc.

#13 Lavapheonix2

Lavapheonix2

• Team:magebank

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:38 PM

If you can't handle flame-baits on internet in 2015, then you got a problem.

I don't think flame baits effect people on a personal level, just not a reason for them to be posted to begin with.

How are we going to advertise to possible new clanners if all CDRSC does is make constant jabs at each other. Not a very friendly environment from the outside looking in.

Stealing another clan's signature is against the rules. Don't put it back. - Yorick

#14 Sfa05

Sfa05

• Rating: < -5 | -5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Sfa05
  • Clan:Dragonwood

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

Honestly should probably get better at banning idiots that post flat out retarded ****. Especially if they're not clever or funny.

"Not directed at anyone ~but~ what's it like in single RoT!?"
"Not directed at alliance ~but~ how's CWA??"

Was fun for the first 30 topics but you know what they say about 31.
Posted Image
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Signature & Avatar Rules. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Yorick.
Posted Image

#15 Gig

Gig

Some clans always have an excuse, RoT always has the answer.

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • Clan:Rot
  • Team:Team Life

Posted 07 February 2015 - 2:21 AM

I actually enjoy the baits whether they are directed at RoT or the alliance, As long as they are interesting and creative. I personally thing moderators shouldn't lock them so often because it seems it is the only thing that keeps these forums active. Obviously the stupid ones that just make the clan world look like we're all 11 again should be locked, though.

#16 ^jordy

^jordy

Posted 07 February 2015 - 8:51 AM

Topic reopened.

Declaration topics are allowed for now, when the rules are followed. I apologize for any inconvenience. Keep in mind that when the topic starter gets a reply from clan x and received an answer, we may consider closing the topic in order to prevent spamming and flame-baiting.

DxnqbIG.gif

LtNmu8e.png

Wc8ZA8u.png

#17 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Stl Arrow

Posted 07 February 2015 - 3:13 PM

Something that could improve the Clan Discussion forum is to stop allowing bait topics. The staff is already pretty good about locking them, but there are some that aren't that shouldn't be open still. Also when clans post win topics maybe moderate the posts a bit more then have been done previously because the amount of flame on some of the Clan Fight topics are disgusting. Its obvious this crash war isn't ever going to end so with that being said when any of the clans involved in it post a topic it should be heavily moderated. that's just my opinion.

#18 Juri

Juri

• RS Status:Member
  • Team:Elusive, Synergy.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 5:09 AM

Members who openly lie in their posts, pretending to represent clans/teams they have no relation with, to make up problems for them, should be dealt with.

#19 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:P ete R
  • Clan:The Rising

Posted 08 February 2015 - 7:44 AM

Members who openly lie in their posts, pretending to represent clans/teams they have no relation with, to make up problems for them, should be dealt with.

We obviously won't know every member in a clan so it is hard for us to tell if someone is actually in that clan or is pretending to be.
Once we see a person pretending to be in clan -x- we deal with it straight away. Of course any help is welcome (Report a post of the person, Forum PM a Mod).

♪ If you aint ready to die, then why should you live. 

#20 EoMeri

EoMeri

• RS Name:Runkkupeppu
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

We obviously won't know every member in a clan so it is hard for us to tell if someone is actually in that clan or is pretending to be.
Once we see a person pretending to be in clan -x- we deal with it straight away. Of course any help is welcome (Report a post of the person, Forum PM a Mod).

it's kinda easy to tell lol

countryk.png

fvqHjTg.png

smTpA.png

WydfC07.gif

fools2017.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: