If you wish to change your avatar photo, please respond to this topic with the picture you would like set as your avatar. You'll need to upload your picture to a site such as Imgur or if you got your image from Tumblr or wherever else, link us to that image. Keep in mind that the following guidelines still apply*:
- Must be 100 x 100 pixels or smaller
- Must have a file size no larger than 90KB [92,160 bytes]
- Must be suitable for all users [No obscene, eye-stressing, or offensive content]
You also may have noticed a secondary option. It allows you to set an avatar from your Gravatar account.
- Navigate to the website (linked above) and set up an account:
- If you do not have a Gravatar/WordPress account, then you need to sign up for one:
- Set up a username, email and password. A validation email will be sent to the email address you set when you signed up with a link to validate your account. Click on that link and your account should be validated. Sometimes it may not come instantly. Sometimes it might be caught by your spam filter, so be sure to check your "Spam" folder too.
- Once you have created an account, you will arrive at a screen that looks like this:
- You won't have any images uploaded yet, contrary to the above picture. Click the "add a new image" link and it will bring you to a page that will allow you to upload from various such as your computer's hard drive, an external link (copying and pasting the link from a website), a previously uploaded image or using your computer's webcam. The image that is highlighted and located in the coloured box above will be the avatar that will be showing on your account.
- To set an image for your account, simply click on the image. A pop up will appear asking you to confirm. Pressing "confirm" will set your primary image as your avatar.
- Now that you've done all that, navigate back to your profile settings ("My Settings") and "Change Photo...".
- Simply enter in your email address and your avatar will now be set: