We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Having Trouble Changing Your Forum Avatar?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Kevinn

Kevinn

You can't keep me from getting drunk.

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

If you tried changing your avatar recently (the picture that appears on the left side of your posts like so), you may have noticed an error upon upload. It's not just you; other users have experienced the same issues.

If you wish to change your avatar photo, please respond to this topic with the picture you would like set as your avatar. You'll need to upload your picture to a site such as Imgur or if you got your image from Tumblr or wherever else, link us to that image. Keep in mind that the following guidelines still apply*:

• Must be 100 x 100 pixels or smaller
  • Must have a file size no larger than 90KB [92,160 bytes]
  • Must be suitable for all users [No obscene, eye-stressing, or offensive content]
*Signature + Avatar Rules

Gravatar

You also may have noticed a secondary option. It allows you to set an avatar from your Gravatar account.
  • Navigate to the website (linked above) and set up an account:

Posted Image

• If you do not have a Gravatar/WordPress account, then you need to sign up for one:

Posted Image

• Set up a username, email and password. A validation email will be sent to the email address you set when you signed up with a link to validate your account. Click on that link and your account should be validated. Sometimes it may not come instantly. Sometimes it might be caught by your spam filter, so be sure to check your "Spam" folder too.
  • Once you have created an account, you will arrive at a screen that looks like this:

Posted Image

• You won't have any images uploaded yet, contrary to the above picture. Click the "add a new image" link and it will bring you to a page that will allow you to upload from various such as your computer's hard drive, an external link (copying and pasting the link from a website), a previously uploaded image or using your computer's webcam. The image that is highlighted and located in the coloured box above will be the avatar that will be showing on your account.
  • To set an image for your account, simply click on the image. A pop up will appear asking you to confirm. Pressing "confirm" will set your primary image as your avatar.
  • Now that you've done all that, navigate back to your profile settings ("My Settings") and "Change Photo...".
  • Simply enter in your email address and your avatar will now be set:

Posted Image

Head of Player Kills, Achievements, General Discussion & Guides and Tips
Posted Image
✗✗ Clan Staff / Board Administrator ✗✗
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."
- Iroh (The Legend of Korra)

#2 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

POPULAR

Found a way that worked for me and a few friends to change their avatar. Go to your profile, hover above the "change" button on the avatar and rather than left click it, right click it and select "Connect in New Tab".
Posted Image
This will redirect you to the Photo Editor where you can select the file from your Computer and it should change.
Posted Image

Unsure if this was just a solution for just me and a few of my friends but it seemed to work each time! Hopefully this will help others, if only a few ^^;

Edited by I Love You, 14 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums | 'True 2k8' Clanchat | @DivineForces | YouTube | #DF @ SeersIRC | Memberlist

hoW5M5P.gif

#3 Kevinn

Kevinn

You can't keep me from getting drunk.

• RS Name:King Bradley

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

You may also try the above solution as well. If that doesn't work, you may still request a change here.

Head of Player Kills, Achievements, General Discussion & Guides and Tips
Posted Image
✗✗ Clan Staff / Board Administrator ✗✗
"If you look for the light you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, it's all you'll ever see."
- Iroh (The Legend of Korra)

#4 Donut

Donut

• RS Status:Free
  • Team:Flip Flops

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostI Love You, on 03 February 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

A found a way that worked for me and a few friends to change their avatar. Go to your profile, hover above the "change" button on the avatar and rather than left click it, right click it and select "Connect in New Tab".
http://i.imgur.com/fgxlaWG.png
This will redirect you to the Photo Editor where you can select the file from your Computer and it should change.
http://i.imgur.com/LBQuOtl.png

Unsure if this was just a solution for just me and a few of my friends but it seemed to work each time! Hopefully this will hope others, if only a few ^^;
This pretty much, Good job rene!

Posted Image

#5 hellboysjd2

hellboysjd2

Quit gaming

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostDavid l0l, on 03 February 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

A found a way that worked for me and a few friends to change their avatar. Go to your profile, hover above the "change" button on the avatar and rather than left click it, right click it and select "Connect in New Tab".

Unsure if this was just a solution for just me and a few of my friends but it seemed to work each time! Hopefully this will hope others, if only a few ^^;
This pretty much, Good job rene!

Confirmed, this works well! thanks a lot!

ancient fury || pure hatred || why i quit - gaming

disabled viewing signatures & avatars.

#6 Brian

Brian

they made a statue of us, and put it on a mountaintop

• RS Name:wunderpup

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Super helpful!
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."
--Jack London

Formerly White Wolf*
Retired Senior Mod

#7 _Ryan_

_Ryan_

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

Worked thanks

#8 MVP

MVP

NOLU - We Are Millwall

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

Sorted, should really read replies first. Thanks I Love You :wub:

Edited by MVP, 24 March 2015 - 04:05 PM.

KrPODlD.png

xuLlzzs.png

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

#9 Rendual

Rendual

Baylife

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

edit: found solution ty

Edited by Rendual, 26 April 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#10 Ace

Ace

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Nevermind, I should've read some of the replies first >.<

Edited by Vincey, 31 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#11 Matt.

Matt.

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

Thanks Rene :)

Posted Image

Join The United Fighters Today At #tuf and "Tuf Chill CC"

#12 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostRobin Puppet, on 06 August 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

Done.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.

#13 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

Found a way that worked for me and a few friends to change their avatar. Go to your profile, hover above the "change" button on the avatar and rather than left click it, right click it and select "Connect in New Tab".
http://i.imgur.com/y8y1MhU.png

Unsure if this was just a solution for just me and a few of my friends but it seemed to work each time! Hopefully this will help others, if only a few ^^;
You're a star, my friend.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#14 Lykosys

Lykosys

• RS Name:Lykosys
  • Clan:Aus 2007

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

I've tried all of the options above, but I can't get the image to save as my profile picture (opening in a new tab at least got the image to load).

This is the image I'm trying to use;
Posted Image

Edit: Between the few minutes ago when I tried changing my picture, until now, the image loaded :')

Edited by Lykosys, 17 September 2015 - 10:46 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostLykosys, on 17 September 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

I've tried all of the options above, but I can't get the image to save as my profile picture (opening in a new tab at least got the image to load).

This is the image I'm trying to use;
http://i.imgur.com/iHZNJOS.png

Edit: Between the few minutes ago when I tried changing my picture, until now, the image loaded :')
Glad to know you got that resolved. You know what would look even cooler? ... If it was transparent. B-) There's actually quite a few tools (that can remove the opaque layer and convert it to PNG) besides your ordinary, expensive photoshop.

zHsjHb9.png?17UHJ5hb.png?17Y47EXz.png?1

Achievements, Questions, Marketplace Staff • Zchat Team • Zybeznet Team Leader

Global Forum Moderator

"Good things come to those who do not suck." - Ramuhitsuji

kRV29fz.png

#16 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Happiness is ephemeral, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

I've been without an avatar for months on end. I can't use my Gravatar email because it keeps referring me back to the email that I used to register this account, and no images I "upload" are even taking.

Just out of curiosity, is this an IPB issue or an issue on my end?

#17 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostRenkotsu, on 30 September 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

I've been without an avatar for months on end. I can't use my Gravatar email because it keeps referring me back to the email that I used to register this account, and no images I "upload" are even taking.

PM a Senior Moderator and they can set one for you :-). I'm pretty sure it's an IPB issue but one thing I was told is that Chrome tends to be causing bugs...

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Happiness is ephemeral, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostArceus, on 30 September 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostRenkotsu, on 30 September 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

PM a Senior Moderator and they can set one for you :-). I'm pretty sure it's an IPB issue but one thing I was told is that Chrome tends to be causing bugs...

That moment when you've exclusively been using Firefox ever since your senior year of high school. :cry:

Edited by Renkotsu, 30 September 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#19 Baby_Jake

Baby_Jake

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

• Must be suitable for all users [No obscene, eye-stressing, or offensive content]
  • https://i.gyazo.com/...d6c26550e1c.png

Forsaken - Senior Clan Europe - Warlord Imperium - Senior Synergy - Retired Spartans - Member Elusive - Member

yzR2frY.gif

#20 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

View PostBaby_Jake, on 09 October 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

• https://i.gyazo.com/...d6c26550e1c.png
Uploaded that for you. :thumbsup:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: