Photo

How old were you when you first started?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: How old are you?

How old were you when you first started Runescape?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How old are you now? (Your age during January of 2015)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What percentage of the Runescape playerbase do you think was under 13 in 2006 or 2007?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spikedude35

Spikedude35

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

How old were you when you first started playing Runescape? Also how old were you during January of 2015 when this poll was created? Finally, what percentage of the Runescape playerbase do you think was under 13 in 2005-2007?

Edited by Spikedude35, 18 January 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#2 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Happiness is ephemeral, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Let's not kid ourselves here: the bulk of RS players nowadays are people who've been playing for at least 7-10 years and have trouble letting go of something they've sunk WAY too much time into. That pretty much means most of us were 12-year-olds who still thought Beavis and Butt-head and Family Guy were actually funny.

Edited by Renkotsu, 18 January 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#3 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

I was 13 when I started to play this game, coincidentially I was happy I only found out about RuneScape at that age as you needed to be 13 and over to play RS no? :-P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#4 Bactine

Bactine

Glorious Pandemonium

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostRenkotsu, on 18 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Let's not kid ourselves here: the bulk of RS players nowadays are people who've been playing for at least 7-10 years and have trouble letting go of something they've sunk WAY too much time into. That pretty much means most of us were 12-year-olds who still thought Beavis and Butt-head and Family Guy were actually funny.
this, but i still think family guy is funny :#
idk how old i was, started in 7th grade which was '04

Edited by Bactine, 18 January 2015 - 12:39 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 DarklordAndi

DarklordAndi

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Got shown it in year 6 or 7, Thought it was ****. Kept playing though. lol

Posted Image

#6 D e S i R e

D e S i R e

• RS Name:Paul
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

Got shown it in like 2002 whilst playing a game called Battleon all the rage in school at the time then one of my mates showed me rs played it for abit then returned to it in "RS2" couldn't remember my old password and played on and off ever since think i was 11-12 when i was shown i'm 24 now

Edited by D e S i R e, 30 January 2015 - 03:52 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

I think South Park is funnier though.

Originally introduced to the game through a very close childhood neighbor back in 8th grade (mid-2009). We went to the same elementary school and middle school... even his parents got together with mine for holiday dinners and such. As of now, we haven't talked in years since attending different high schools and universities. We're not so close now I guess. :cry: I remember going over to his house every week in middle school. First thing we did after opening the door was bantering about whose levels were higher. Good times, we were both still F2P.

He quit the next year, but I still continued because it was a nice time sink. While he was exploring/buying all the games on PSN, I kept on training. I became immersed in the game and bought membership 1.5 years after joining. You should know I also had a PS3, but stopped playing on that for the sake of more RS. The downfall is that I never familiarized myself with all the new games in the industry, and that kinda limited some talk at the lunch table. Unlike my friends, I can't name all the Pokemon or the anime characters or the guns in CoD/Battlefield (sometimes I feel alone in that sense), simply because I spent that time in this game. It's a price, but I'll live. It's really okay... I was never the outgoing or talkative guy anyway.

Throughout my entire high school career, I've kept quiet in terms of playing RS. Honestly, I was embarrassed to let it out because everyone was either talking about sports or new games. I started to be less afraid of that when I started college a few months ago. My floor is filled with gamers (Leaguers + Minecrafters + retired Scapers) anyway. Do I regret talking to the people I met through Runescape? Not one bit. I take it as a fact that I played and I'm proud to accomplish the goals I set for myself.

I joined after the supposed 'glory period'. High graphics existed, the GE was a thing, and people killed each other on PvP worlds. I was 13 when I started, now 18... a freshman in college. Although I feel my time in the game is approaching an end, this is a part of my life I will never forget. Maybe my old friend will come across these posts some day, and he'll understand why I kept myself attached to this game.

Edited by Ninjasteak, 23 January 2015 - 01:22 AM.

zHsjHb9.png?17UHJ5hb.png?17Y47EXz.png?1

Achievements, Questions, Marketplace Staff • Zchat Team • Zybeznet Team Leader

Global Forum Moderator

"Good things come to those who do not suck." - Ramuhitsuji

kRV29fz.png

#8 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

I wasn't introduced to the game. The game was introduced to me.

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

#9 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

I was 14, I am now 23. It's amazing how much I went through during my time with this game.
Also in 2007 the player-base was young, that was when Miniclip and MTV were advertising the game heavily.

Platforms I also play on.

Xbox: Scraps Of Manga | Playstation MangaScraps

Steam: manga_scraps | Battle.Net: Manga#1499

Nintendo ID: Manga_Scraps | 3DS: 2578-3137-9250

#10 Spikedude35

Spikedude35

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Yah I bet at least 60-75% of the playerbase was 13 or under during 2006 and very few people were 18 or older back when Runescape was in it's prime popularity wise.

Now the playerbase mostly consists of veterans who grew up playing the game. All of the 11 year olds in 2006 are now 20.  Most people who played Runescape in 2006 have since quit the game years ago.

Edited by Spikedude35, 29 March 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#11 Matrix 4312

Matrix 4312

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

Pretty sure I was 12

Posted Image

Forums |'True 2k8' Clanchat | @DivineForces | YouTube | #DF @ SeersIRC | Memberlist

#12 spiko92

spiko92

SHINE ON

• RS Name:Spiko
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

Started age 10 (2003), now 22. Over the years I have come and gone from the game many times.
Posted Image

#13 Cephalotaxus

Cephalotaxus

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

Got shown it when I was 12, didn't really start playing until a year later though.

#14 WhoIsANoob

WhoIsANoob

• RS Name:WhoIsANoob
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

I think I was 12 or 13 when I first started. and here i am 25 years old and just started again.

#15 Zarohunter

Zarohunter

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Wild Might

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

I was 13 when I started in 2006. I knew about RS much earlier though, since most of my friends played it at some point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: