Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-11-30 at 21:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

What got you into playing runescape?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 Joe Ftw

Joe Ftw

Posted 23 December 2014 - 4:33 PM

My friend in like 4th grade. I saw him killing a mugger and instantly wanted to kill one too l0l

As soon as I completed tutorial island, I dropped into Lumbridge and started exploring. Ran into a muggler, had the most intense lvl 3 vs muggler fight ever. Ended up just barely beating him, and was overwhelmed with the feeling of triumph/ relief. However that feeling was very short lived as the muggler respawned and killed me for all of my tutorial island items.

OT: I started playing in 7th grade (2004), after overhearing my friend Dan screaming at two of my other friends because they BSed him for full rune + battle axe the previous night...Good times.

HwlLUSM.gif
GMLuMPn.gif

#22 Kingst0n

Kingst0n

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:S1r_K1ngst0n
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 24 December 2014 - 2:28 AM

My cuzon Danboy1992! i went round there in year 7(8 years ago) and he was Runecrafting nature runes! and i made an account and i would only go to Falador and Varrock as that's all i knew! i didnt know how the RS MAP was! and ive been playing it on and off since then!! its like a DRUG! i always come back! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#23 LIR24

LIR24

• RS Name:G X P
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 24 December 2014 - 1:56 PM

Back in Feb '07 in 5th grade a few of my friends begged me to play. I saw people play it in the library before and I thought it looked like such a stupid game. After I played it I got hooked though. I thought gp was priceless so I would help my friends with homework for like 10gp lol. I quit in 2011-2012 and came back when Old School was introduced. I was the only one of my friends in real life to get skillcapes even though I was the last of my friends to join.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Evi

Evi

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Evidently
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 24 December 2014 - 4:13 PM

A friend showed me the game back in 06 or 07. I was extremely intrigued and quickly became addicted. Sadly he quit the game in ~2010, i'm still going strong though!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 chilliRS

chilliRS
  • RS Name:Young JD
  • Clan:sps of rs

Posted 24 December 2014 - 5:16 PM

My friend in like 4th grade. I saw him killing a mugger and instantly wanted to kill one too l0l

As soon as I completed tutorial island, I dropped into Lumbridge and started exploring. Ran into a muggler, had the most intense lvl 3 vs muggler fight ever. Ended up just barely beating him, and was overwhelmed with the feeling of triumph/ relief. However that feeling was very short lived as the muggler respawned and killed me for all of my tutorial island items.

OT: I started playing in 7th grade (2004), after overhearing my friend Dan screaming at two of my other friends because they BSed him for full rune + battle axe the previous night...Good times.

The first thing I killed was a goblin. I went on a rampage, trying to kill them all lol. Each one dropped a few coins and it added up to 100gp in the end, i thought i was rich.

Later on i went exploring too, and stumbled across varrock. I went into the sword shop and fell in love with the mithril longsword. So I set about making money for it...(even though i couldnt wield it)

And a short while after buying it, i got jumped by a tree spirit, died and lost my beloved sword

#26 dior boy5

dior boy5

• RS Name:Dior boy5
  • Clan:Ultimate CC

Posted 25 December 2014 - 4:49 AM

My friends and my cousin wher playing a game names RuneScape. I first didn't like the game I did hate it so ****ing much. But then afterwards watching my friend fighting in barbaian village with lobsters it became a bit more interested. Also after 3 months my cousin told me he made an account (even when I didn't ask him to make) and I told him why he did that. He said I thought maybe you could play together with us. So when my mom was going to her sister and I asked my mom if I could take the laptop with me. She said ok I took it came to my cousin and he teached me to play. Magic was then the funniest skill for me

#27 Fabs

Fabs

• RS Name:Fekt

Posted 29 December 2014 - 1:02 PM

It was a schoolmate back in 2006 who invited me to play it. I didn't stick with it at first but then went back to it and found out about real life friends who also played and we'd play together.

#28 Stormarmbat

Stormarmbat

Slayer Master Tolkien Salutes you!

Posted 29 December 2014 - 1:06 PM

I just found it while messing around online.
Posted Image

#29 Kaleb

Kaleb

Uncle

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Kals
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 29 December 2014 - 9:15 PM

Pretty sure we were looking for a game to play online... so bored of the standard flash games of the time. We wanted something new. Fighting the men was the most intense thing back in the day.

Posted Image

#30 Xelarz

Xelarz

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

I was playing flash games on Miniclip, saw Runescape, tried it, loved it.

#31 Ioreth

Ioreth

• RS Name:Ioreth

Posted 30 December 2014 - 4:51 PM

I moved houses back in Grade 5 (2004) and one of my classmates (and to this day a close friend) was playing Runescape more or less everyday. We had become neighbours and whenever I'd go over to his place or he'd come over to mine he'd always be playing, so I decided to give it a try; and here I am 10 years later.
Posted Image

#32 Swurds123

Swurds123

• RS Name:Swurds123

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

My older half-brother came over to my house one Saturday night, May 6, 2006. He was going to play RuneScape, but I remember it was down at the time. About an hour later it came back up and I decided to create an account. I told him I wanted an account named "Swords123", but that name was taken, and Jagex suggested my name should be "Swurds123". I took that name and have played RuneScape on and off ever since in about 2 month-long periods.

I was very young at the time and when I got back to school on Monday we had to write about what we did the previous weekend. I remember writing about RuneScape and my name and nobody in the class understood me, as I started at a very young age. I would love to find that journal entry. However, since I was so young when I started, It took me 5 years at least before I could actually play the game. It was strange being the level 25 member.

Edited by TheSwurd, 01 January 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#33 Big_Menuce1

Big_Menuce1

• RS Name:Spoondogg

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

the music and the atmosphere, sounds addicting

#34 ZOUPA

ZOUPA

Everything I touch is a spaceship

Posted 31 December 2014 - 1:23 PM

Used to play connect 4, battleship, and other jagex minigames on their website before runescape was released. Saw it was released one day and decided to give it a try and I went from there

#CDRSC

#35 Orc Leader

Orc Leader

• RS Name:Orc Leader

Posted 03 January 2015 - 9:13 AM

i remember watching some kids that were playing it at the public library so i made an account and then started playing and it only got better after that lol

#36 EatSleepWoW

EatSleepWoW

• RS Name:EatSleepWoW
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 03 January 2015 - 3:45 PM

Saw a friend from school playing back in '02. Didn't play for a while until the summer. Played from '02 to '08. Quit until now.

Edited by EatSleepWoW, 03 January 2015 - 3:45 PM.

Posted Image

RuneScape Veteran
'02-'08
'15-?

#37 D156

D156

You are irrelavant to me

Posted 03 January 2015 - 8:04 PM

castlewars on my neighbors account

Edited by Cera S6, 04 January 2015 - 11:14 AM.

1/24/16 - Adamant Armour [50 Man Pull]

1/31/16 - Adamant Armour [43 Man Pull]

Posted Image

LISTEN

#38 Nates_pro

Nates_pro

Pro

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Nates Pro

Posted 05 January 2015 - 1:14 AM

elementary school and clans kept me into the game!

#39 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yorick
  • Clan:Team Paradox

Posted 05 January 2015 - 7:52 PM

Friends I met at school got me into Runescape, they all played cause they had seen it on Miniclip.

5lBq1pJ.gif

Former Global Moderator - Former Leader of Team Paradox

#40 herman

herman

AF WINS AGAIN

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • Clan:AF WINS
  • Team:AGAIN

Posted 06 January 2015 - 7:57 AM

A friend in school back in late 04/05

Posted Image