We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

What got you into playing runescape?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Maxaye

Maxaye

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

I remember back in 2007 or 08 ish,
One day, my brother and his friends come over.
They all huddle on the same computer cheering on! "Eat EAT EAT EAT, SPEC SPEC SPEC!" (At that time I didn't know what they were playing)
I guess they were pking, but I had no clue lol
So I watched as pixelated characters kill each other. Then I heard screaming... (the person dropped rune armor, and some other stuff)
I asked what were you guys playing, he said "Runescape"
I didn't immediately go on the game but after a few weeks, I wanted to try it... I couldn't remember it, so I asked my friends "do you guys play run and escape?" They were laughing there arse off then they told me "runescape."
When I got home, I remember logging in and a person offered me bronze armor, iron, I thought I was the happiest person in the world lolol! :woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

Then after that I just started enjoying the game <3
Hey, Hello

#2 R3d-D347h

R3d-D347h

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

My cousin didn't have a phone when we were like 7 so we played rs to talk to each other and got addicted.

#3 Evf

Evf

• RS Name:Etotama
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

I was 'introduced to it' in second grade but I never played it because I wasn't 13 years old. I idiotically respected it and forgot about it until like 8th grade or something.

Friends irl showed me it, friends online kept me playing it.

#FreePkPete

#4 Bankstandering

Bankstandering

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

"You chop down trees and kill people for their stuff."

Hooked ever since.

#5 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

My friend in like 4th grade. I saw him killing a mugger and instantly wanted to kill one too l0l

Posted Image

#6 Nzpker

Nzpker

• RS Name:Nz-_-P K E R

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

My best buddies mother thought it'd be a great way to keep us busy & that it did for a good 7 years.

#7 Casalinda

Casalinda

• RS Name:Casalinda

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

I started playing in elementary school some time in 02/03. I had just moved across the US during the summer of 2002, so RuneScape became my way of hanging out with my old friends and when school started the fall, it also helped me make new friends in my class that played the game.

#8 Utsuro

Utsuro

• RS Name:Utsuro
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:02 AM

Back in late 2003, me and my friends were doing some all nighters at an internet gaming cafe place (we were like 11-12 years old). Well one night we were bored at like 3am so one of them introduced us to Runescape. Took me like two months to get Java working on my computer at home but the rest, I'll avoid as it will turn into a rant against some of those who introduced me to the game.

Edited by Saxton Hale, 15 December 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#9 rudy

rudy

Super Senior Member

• RS Name:Kelso

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

Back in 2004 in computer class. Saw some guys in my class playing and they got me into it.

Edited by rudy, 15 December 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#10 Kevin.

Kevin.

Make it count

• RS Name:King Bradley
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

My friend introduced the game to me back in 2005. I had a goal to beat his combat level, even though he played for much longer than me already. I did that, easily, and continued playing.
Senior Moderator | Questions? Contact me.
The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe because its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

#11 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

My brother worked on my for weeks 'till I eventually gave in, I remember getting really really bored going through the tutorial; he promised me an air staff if I made it through which I guess was a whole lot at that time lol.
Now he has since quit and I'm still going strong

xD4B8ER.png

#12 Matzz

Matzz

Once Corrupted, Always Corrupted.

• RS Status:Member

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Miniclip back in 2004

#13 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Leader

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

My friend introduced the game to me back in 2005. I had a goal to beat his combat level, even though he played for much longer than me already. I did that, easily, and continued playing.

This basically for me as well ^

Mike|Cera_S6
Violent Resolution Leader - VR Discord
Team Trinity Member
1geuK.jpg
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13) | Frozen Fury Member (16)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Adversity Warlord (15 - 17) | Flip Flops Member (16) | Elusive Member (16/17) | Immaculate Senior (17) | Team Trinity Member (18 - Present) | Revolt Warlord (18)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Leader (06 - Present)

Eg1XIjr.pngqvDrX9K.png

ushLGon.pngmxPeorR.png

#14 Echliurn

Echliurn

Dave Bodom

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

There was a massive teenchat phase in my school, then Habbo Hotel, people really got into that, then one day a guy in our form came in and said he started "runescape", everyone jumped on and tried it, i was one of the few who stuck it out.

Began 2002 - Maxed Melee 2005 - Maxed Combat 2006 - Retired 2013

#15 ReMiXeDg

ReMiXeDg

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Wow this bring back memories don't you wish you could go back into time.

I found out about runescape in 07 I saw a couple kids playing it at a local public library from then on out ive always kown runescape was a great game

#16 Wrecky

Wrecky

εvεryone nεεds a Hεro.. I guεss that makεs mε a Hεro..

• RS Name:ωrεcky

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

Watching all my buddies play together doing Quests and stuff, I really wanted to be apart of that

Wrecky.png

#17 Billy.

Billy.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

I started playing my Freshman year of high school. I had saw all the kids who play all those trading card games always use the computers every morning to play the game and I'd always unplug their Ethernet cords causing them to disconnect and rage :innocent:. Pretty messed up looking back at things but I can't change it so no point dwelling on it. Anyways by Christmas break my Freshman year I was bored and decided to see what they always fussed about and whatnot and pretty much got hooked.
Posted ImagePosted Image
[Proud former mentee of Teelex] - THE GOD Posted Image

#18 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

Miniclip back in 2003/4 but in reality I only started playing long trem in May 2005 when my friend showed me and another it. The original friend quit soon after and friend 2 lasted about 5 years. This game is very Stockholm syndrome with me right now.

7cNTC8v.png2m07d4.png

Join My Discord Server: Manga's Spaghettios qxmw9h5

#19 chilliRS

chilliRS

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

I remember a friend begging me to try it; so I did. I ran oit of patience for it within 20 minutes due to me thinking Tutorial Island was the be all and end all.

Little did I know that was just the beginning...

#20 Titzillaz

Titzillaz

• RS Name:Titzillaz

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

My Brother showed me it when I was in 6th grade back in 2006 and I got hooked on it and he doesn't even play anymore lol

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: