We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#21 Flick

Flick

Death comes

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:DS/EH

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:35 PM

Could you update battletags to show the region too? As players from US can't add players on EU and vice versa.

sure, added the regions. pretty sure only EUs are Mike & Matchu, but people can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure you can add EU players, though, could've sworn I have Matchu added. I could also make people's BatteTags into links that go to an armory page of a character of their choosing? whatever people want.

also, hit 610 ilvl last night, excited to start heroic dungeons and move into raiding.

You're right actually, managed to add a friend that way. Nvm disregard my OP,

Edited by Lick, 17 December 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#22 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• Clan:Zchat

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

I'm pretty sure you can add EU players, though, could've sworn I have Matchu added. I could also make people's BatteTags into links that go to an armory page of a character of their choosing? whatever people want.

You can add people, there's just no cross-region chat or grouping. So when I pop onto the American realms for D3/HS occasionally, you may see me.

Matchu

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
The river always finds the sea, so helplessly, like you find me.

#23 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

• RS Name:Surette

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

World of Warcraft has had quite an eventful year. We released the newest expansion, Warlords of Draenor, on November 13. The first raid opened up in early December, and players have had a go at some of Draenor’s most fearsome foes. We marked the 10-year World of Warcraft and 20-year Warcraft anniversaries in-game and with an incredible celebration at BlizzCon last month; debuted a new documentary, World of Warcraft: Looking for Group, on YouTube and Hulu; and released a new pet to support the American Red Cross and their Ebola relief efforts in Africa—and we’re not done yet.

We’re excited about what’s ahead in 2015, and we wanted to give you a glimpse at some of the long-term projects we’re working on, as well as some features planned for the Patch 6.1 update, which will be hitting the Public Test Realm (PTR) soon.

Feeling Legendary
We hope everyone is enjoying the Legendary quest line with Khadgar, the next step of which opens up with the Blackrock Foundry raid in the new year. We’re already working on the steps after that, and the quest line will continue in Patch 6.1, where the first-ever Legendary Follower (with suitably Legendary abilities) will be available to join your Garrison. If you’re a fan of collecting Followers but haven’t set out on the Legendary quest line, now is a good time to get started!

Pepe’s Favorite New Feature
We’re working on the ability to send out Tweets—including screenshots—directly from within WoW, making it easier than ever to let friends know about your Achievements and item drops. We’ll be testing this functionality on the Patch 6.1 PTR.

Flight Master Competency
We have some new tech in the works that will allow flight masters to provide more-direct routes to your destination, regardless of the flight points your character knows. This’ll mean fewer roundabout routes; the flight masters will instead always try to send you on the shortest existing route. Hopefully, this will get you to your destination faster.

All About That Base
Garrison improvements, tweaks, and additions are on the horizon. While we’re working on some bigger additions for later on, we have a lot of other changes and additions you’ll see on the next PTR. We’re working on making visiting your friends’ Garrisons even more rewarding, with a daily visitor to set you and your friends on a fun random task (complete with rewards, Achievements, and a meta-Achievement for finishing all of the tasks). We’ll have awesome new items to spend your Garrison Resources on, new Missions to complete with fun new rewards, new items to change your Followers with, a new tier of Garrison-invasion difficulty for the most tenacious of defenders among you (can your Garrison withstand a world boss?), new profession-building Missions, and a whole lot more!

New Ways to Play
We’re exploring the possibility of giving players a way to buy tradable game-time tokens for the purpose of exchanging them in-game with other players for gold. Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system. A few other online games offer a similar option, and players have suggested that they’d be interested in seeing something along those lines in WoW. We agree it could be a good fit for the game, and we look forward to any feedback you have as we continue to look into this feature.

Collecting Your Heirlooms
We’re pretty far along in development on the much-talked-about Heirloom tab. This will bring the whole Heirloom system into a single account-wide collection UI and provide a clear purchase/upgrade path for all items. Heirlooms already on characters will be collected into the new UI (similar to other Collections features), base-level Heirlooms will be purchasable from vendors, and upgrade tokens that can be used on Heirlooms to raise their effectiveness to additional level caps will be obtainable through different forms of content. We’ll be looking for your feedback on the new system when the 6.1 PTR goes live.

eSports’in
The new War Games skirmishes feature allows anyone to run an online tournament, and we’re excited to see even more community-run tournaments in 2015. We’ll of course be running tournaments with our eSports partners as well, and will release details as those plans are finalized. As you saw at the Arena World Championship, we’ve come up with an improved UI to help viewers better follow the action, but we’ve been working on a complete overhaul for next year—with the goal of making it widely available for use in player-run tournaments, partner tournaments, and online casting. We hope to be able to share more soon.

You’re More Beautiful Every Day
As we discussed in the recent preview, new Blood Elf models are on their way, and we’re looking to get them in-game in an upcoming patch. Alongside the new Blood Elf models we’ll also be implementing a couple of tweaks and fixes for other character models, based on player and our own internal feedback, with some additional changes to come in future patches.

Ashran So Far
We’re continuing to focus on realm pairing and tech changes to help ensure more even fights between the Alliance and the Horde, as well as reduce the queue times to get into the PvP zone for those realms experiencing them. Further into the coming year our focus will be on updating and expanding the content Ashran offers in big new ways, but we’ll have more info on that as we get closer to patches beyond 6.1.

Game Ogre
Raiders are continuing to enjoy Highmaul in all its ogre-y glory, and we’re watching how things play out as the last couple wings open in Raid Finder difficulty. While progression through Highmaul continues, Warlord Blackhand is eagerly awaiting your arrival in the Blackrock Foundry raid. We’re expecting Blackrock Foundry to become available in February. We’ll announce specific dates once we’ve seen more of how Highmaul progression . . . progresses.

. . . And Beyond
We have a ton of awesome content planned for next year, as well as some fun surprises, and we can’t wait to share more. See you in-game!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15688408873

Posted Image

#24 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

We’re exploring the possibility of giving players a way to buy tradable game-time tokens for the purpose of exchanging them in-game with other players for gold. Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system. A few other online games offer a similar option, and players have suggested that they’d be interested in seeing something along those lines in WoW. We agree it could be a good fit for the game, and we look forward to any feedback you have as we continue to look into this feature.

Very slippery slope here. I hope they get some nice feedback from it.

#25 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

I'm excited about it, worked great for WildStar, and bonds seem popular in RS. Helps stabilize the economy and provides people with less RL money a way to play.

Posted Image

#26 Shadowandy

Shadowandy

Ba-Ba Boomkin!

• RS Name:Shadowandy
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

I'm excited about it, worked great for WildStar, and bonds seem popular in RS. Helps stabilize the economy and provides people with less RL money a way to play.

It's also less risky of how people do it right now with trust trades ingame. For example paying 15k Gold to someone for a 1 Month Sub Code or something.

#27 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

It's never failed in a game I seen it in, like WildStar, Eve, and even RuneScape.

7cNTC8v.png2m07d4.png

Join My Discord Server: Manga's Spaghettios qxmw9h5

#28 Shadowandy

Shadowandy

Ba-Ba Boomkin!

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

I don't mind them ever selling Mounts/Pets/Game Time. What will be annoying is if they ever sell stuff like Gear for real money. Although Top Raiding Guilds already do that behind the scenes. It's legal for them to sell "carries" for ingame Gold since they're selling ingame Items. However the more shady stuff for real money does happen.

#29 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

What will be annoying is if they ever sell stuff like Gear for real money.

Well they just did, if inadvertently. It'll be perfectly legal to trade your RL money into Gold, then your Gold into Items. Rich in real life? Just find a guild who'll sell you some carries.

Bonds only semi-stabilise RS's economy because JaGex takes a cut. It combats inflation somewhat. If Blizzard don't do something similar, the economic ripples are going to be ridiculous.

Matchu

Posted Image

#30 Scott

Scott

kill the switch

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

but Blizzard takes a cut of all trades via the AH -- Jagex doesn't do that with the GE.

Posted Image

#31 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

but Blizzard takes a cut of all trades via the AH -- Jagex doesn't do that with the GE.

There's plenty of P2P trades, at least on the servers I trade on. Plus the AH cut is lower than JaGex's anyway iirc.

Matchu

Posted Image

#32 Lighten

Lighten

Aus Pride

• Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

Battletag: Lighten#1114 - US

Trying to get 635 ilvl :-)

Posted Image

Forums | 'True 2k8' Clanchat| @DivineForces | YouTube | #DF @ SeersIRC | Memberlist

#33 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

• RS Name:BrotherVoid1
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

What will be annoying is if they ever sell stuff like Gear for real money.

Although Top Raiding Guilds already do that behind the scenes.

What's the difference between the two? Other than the fact that raiding guilds will lose the ability to scam people out of money? I had to pay Jaybear $20 for the stupid heirloom weapons despite being 560 item level just because I don't know the right people on SR to get into a group. It's illegal to carry and/or pilot to titles in PvP despite technically "selling" an in-game item. It should be illegal for raiding guilds to do the same. If it's legal to sell carries in PvE, not only should it be legal in PvP, but it's dumb to continue to force a middle man if they implement something like this. Obviously selling top tier gear would defeat the purpose of raiding, but I don't get why they won't just be done with it and sell tier 2.5 gear (make it worthwhile to spend the money over LFR gear, keep the top tier gear for raiding guilds) for IRL money.

Posted Image
Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe;
if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire…

#34 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

Well I'm raid leading now. It's tough building a team from scratch but I feel like I have done my guild a good service so far.

7cNTC8v.png2m07d4.png

#35 Shadowandy

Shadowandy

Ba-Ba Boomkin!

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

Well I'm raid leading now. It's tough building a team from scratch but I feel like I have done my guild a good service so far.

Wait until you run into the endless drama issues, it can be a nightmare!

#36 Flick

Flick

Death comes

• Clan:DS/EH

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

OH MY GOD. I've been pushing my body to the limit the past week camping this damn mount, just as I was about to give up and sleep my friend spams me its on ragnaros, i rub my eyes in disbelief, and ITS THERE! LLiterally 50 hours spent camping this mount this week alone, today I was up 16 hours till 6am.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Lick, 30 December 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#37 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

Every-time I camp for Poundfist I feel like I could be leveling alts and could be getting more out of my time.

7cNTC8v.png2m07d4.png

#38 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

Every-time I camp for Poundfist I feel like I could be leveling alts and could be getting more out of my time.

I know the feeling, camped for him for about 12 hours and gave up.

#39 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Japanese girls rejoiced earlier in my latest mistake.

Posted Image

#40 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Japanese girls rejoiced earlier in my latest mistake.

Posted Image

Rain of Fire yo.

7cNTC8v.png2m07d4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: