RS Hunger Games

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 DarklordAndi

DarklordAndi

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

So, hear me out.

- A wilderness mini game.
- Wilderness sized map - maybe bigger (100 people cap per game or what ever)
- People spawn in random locations, no items, nothing.
- Food is scattered all around, weapons are rare but can be found in certain locations.
- Last man standing wins.
- Every 3 minutes the map cracks open and Lava rivers appear forcing people into the center.

Discuss.

Posted Image

#2 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

That sounds amazing, i wanna try that out. :-)

hulvcVg.jpg

nsEgSas.png

#3 Torreoria

Torreoria

UNC Official

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:37 AM

Sounds fun. I'd jump in.
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://zt-rs.com fc: ZT Lobby SwiftIRC: #zt-lobby

#4 Gre Funky

Gre Funky

GMT Unit

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

I'd be in.

#5 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

This seems more suited to Suggestions. So, moved. :-P

That would be pretty cool (assuming for OSRS?). I've always liked Battle Royale. What kind of weapons and food are we talking about? Will it be capped to Rune-tier items and lobsters, for example? Would bits of armour be thrown in as well? I can imagine such a concept easily working as a new mode for the Fight Pits at the very least. Or a feature for Zeah.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#6 Out Of Ctrl

Out Of Ctrl

Only the fox god knows

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:16 AM

When does Jennifer Lawrence turn up? :wink:

Posted Image

Vendetta - Don't Panic

#Violent _Intention

#7 DarklordAndi

DarklordAndi

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostOut Of Ctrl, on 06 December 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

When does Jennifer Lawrence turn up? :wink:

still discussing her contract

Posted Image

#8 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

Oh, forgot to ask, would it be single or multi-combat? Or like the proper Wilderness depend on which bit you're in?

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#9 DarklordAndi

DarklordAndi

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostSanta Kid, on 06 December 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Oh, forgot to ask, would it be single or multi-combat? Or like the proper Wilderness depend on which bit you're in?

- Multi, single for the first 6 minutes. So it's a little easier to gather average inventory of food
- Rune items, Swordfish best food - but if their is 100 players in the mini game. it will be 200-300 swordfish max spread across the map, 100 lobsters, 50 pizza etc.
-Old School Rs
- Different land marks have different advantages, River's have more lobsters/swordfish, Lava rivers have more Pizzas/Weapons but the Lava river can expend collapse every 3 minutes.
-As someone dies, just like the movie - a name pops up "___ killed ____ near the North bridge" or what ever :)

Was a random thought. I'd love to see jagex create a map like this, with rewards etc.

Edited by DarklordAndi, 06 December 2014 - 06:22 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:30 AM

Definitely seems like good fun though combat levels/prayers probably have a big thing to do with it all, maybe different instances for each idk account build or something

#11 Matzz

Matzz

Once Corrupted, Always Corrupted.

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:45 AM

Dude this sounds pretty cool :)

#12 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostDarklordAndi, on 06 December 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

- Multi, single for the first 6 minutes. So it's a little easier to gather average inventory of food
- Rune items, Swordfish best food - but if their is 100 players in the mini game. it will be 200-300 swordfish max spread across the map, 100 lobsters, 50 pizza etc.
-Old School Rs
- Different land marks have different advantages, River's have more lobsters/swordfish, Lava rivers have more Pizzas/Weapons but the Lava river can expend collapse every 3 minutes.
-As someone dies, just like the movie - a name pops up "___ killed ____ near the North bridge" or what ever :)

Was a random thought. I'd love to see jagex create a map like this, with rewards etc.
Very nice. ^_^

Depending on how big the area ultimately ends up as it would be interesting if there were tools, trees, ores, and so on scattered across the place so people could make their own equipment too. Maybe start off that way, thereby forcing players to be resourceful, and then have progressively better items (which you have to find) spawn ever x minutes? That way you aren't so much at the mercy of blind luck from the very beginning. So if games are set for, off the top of my head, 20 minutes (like with Castle and Soul Wars) the first 10/6 again could be spent being self-sufficient and then everything gets hectic when stuff -> Rune-tier and so on appear every 2. Or whatever.

And yeah like Gintoki mentioned - what are you going to do about Prayer? Allow anything but 'Protect from Magic/Ranged/Melee' unless you're being piled by multiple people? It'd be easy enough to include filter portals for different combat level ranges like with Pest Control and the old Bounty Hunter, anyway.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#13 Evi

Evi

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

I remember watching this video of Regicidal doing a Hunger games type event with some friends. Definetly looks like fun and I would love for runescape to have a minigame of the sorts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Kaleb

Kaleb

Uncle

• RS Name:Kals
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

This sounds like something stealing creation should spin off of. SC FFA. Or many multiple small teams duking it out. Would be very interesting. Certainly add new flair to the game.maybe it is like dung, where you get certain abilities based on certain levels. Or, your team gets combat skills based on the average of your group total. That way everyone in the team has the same base stats. Perhaps in the beginning you pick mage or range or warrior, and if you get a weapon of that type you have a type bonus. Gathering would be your levels you already have, as everyone brings a certain bit of their own knowledge to the games.

Ooh this sounds delightful.

Posted Image

#15 » Caudery

» Caudery

¢αυ∂єяу 13

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun, I would defiantly give it a go.

Posted Image

#16 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

I can't really think of a unique set of rewards for this. More combat equipment, XP rewards, and so on all purchasable with tokens (which the winner receives more of) is all that comes to mind just like with the other fighting minigames. But I guess if this fills a different kind of 'kill your time' niche as well then it won't be too bad?

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#17 Kaleb

Kaleb

Uncle

• RS Name:Kals

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostSanta Kid, on 07 December 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

I can't really think of a unique set of rewards for this. More combat equipment, XP rewards, and so on all purchasable with tokens (which the winner receives more of) is all that comes to mind just like with the other fighting minigames. But I guess if this fills a different kind of 'kill your time' niche as well then it won't be too bad?

I just want fun mini games to play. They dont have to reward me with new gear and the like. Just make the game itself very fun! Not everything has to be about rewards. In fact, its more fun to just play and relax than say okay, i have to play 57 times for this thingymajig and 98 more times for the whooziewhatsy.

Posted Image

#18 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, that was pretty much the case with Castle Wars during its most popular days. But still - a little extra incentive never hurts if possible! ^_^

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#19 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

Reading the title I thought, but we have Fight pits, but damn, this sounds more elaborate than that. Even though I am not a pker, this is definitely something I would like to see released and try it out.

#20 Ids

Ids

Verified Staff

• RS Name:BANNED
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

This would be a great expansion to clan wars.

Another portal that takes the whole wilderness together with randomly spawned people. With two options where it's clan vs clan (members are randomly scattered around so fighting can directly start) or as some sort of free for all kinda Hunger Games mode. Options for wether bring your own gear or find gear and food examining trees and rocks and whatnot. The world constantly crumbles up like a map but not focussing on the centerpiece per se but per ruin. The wildy is full of ruins and whatnot and forcing people to any of the ruins including the Dark Warriors Fortress would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: