We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes
RS3

Ninja | Too Cool For 99 | COMPLETED

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 16 September 2014 - 3:49 PM

HcDnKYM.pngGS4iQba.png

8rnUiaL.pnglkZ6Plu.png

Table of Contents:

Introduction

The Day of Straight 98's

Update 1: Racing to the Finish Line

Update 2: The Day of Black Sun

Update 3: One Ring to Rule Them All

Update 4: Rub the Lamp

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction & Time Capsule

"Those are brave (words) knocking on our door. Let's go (read) them." - Tyrion Lannister

I already considered making a G&A topic, but I never would have the time to continually update it. Round of applause to those who do. I love seeing what everyone can achieve, while leaving comments here and there. I can feel for those who have epic goals in mind because I have taken the same road.

Hmm, this needs a good story. ^_^ Ever since I started Runescape in mid-2009, I wanted to do something awesome. Maybe not something that's never been done, but rare regardless. When milestone capes were released a while back, I thought to myself, "wouldn't it be interesting to have skills that are more-or-less the same?" So I set myself upon being able to wear these capes. I wore them everywhere I went in the game, taking pride in the fact that I did it for personal achievement.

lXsGWwL.pngnYpIQGe.png7uFTGIv.pngJXGcwfB.pnglLEZ41L.png

When I got my Milestone 60 cape, I came up with this insane idea that might work. A long-term goal that I questioned possible to pull off. I caught some inspiration from a video of a former scaper, who happened to be the first person to ever achieve such a goal. This was years ago, and at the time, I've only been playing for two years. It's been replicated many times since then, but I would dare guess that very, very few have the same thing in mind. Somewhere between all of that I joined RSC after some encouragement from clanmates, and I started documenting my progress in occasional threads.

90 Thieving became my first skill at 90. That's when I decided to be serious and make some progress toward my plan. It wasn't long before I achieved little things on the side, such as 2200 total and 150M total xp. Mid-2013 I gained the ability to wear the highest milestone cape. Around two months later, I took a detour and decided to bring all my skills up to the point of halfway maxed. Skip forward in time to this year. Then came 2500 total. I had to be careful while keeping my "ultimate goal" in mind. Finally came the day when I accepted 99 HP as inevitable. Right then and there, I took a 4-month break because I was quite busy with school, exams, vacation, and moving into a new home. I lost some interest in the game tbh. After all had settled down, I returned in August 2014 to 'finish what I started'. Yesterday I did just that. :woeh:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reign of the Ninety-Eights

98 Hunter, the last skill to reach this level:
P6T855y.jpg

99's never appealed to me... this is what my skills look like now:
TBmn8A3.jpg

And the time it took... I'm shocked that I managed to play this long. :whistle:
GONZTNv.png

Tomorrow I go off to start university, a new page in my book, with the satisfaction of knowing that I enjoyed the road I've taken for the last few years. This is only half of my achievement, the other half will come in a few months I guess.

ej7Gt3j.png?1J6DOj1k.png?17UHJ5hb.png?1 AGLrJYT.png?1ej7Gt3j.png?1

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#2 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 16 September 2014 - 3:59 PM

I was waiting for this ever since I knew you got 98 hunter :lol: We don't know eachother for very long but in the past weeks I feel like we have become good friends. In our chats your goal was often a subject so I know how much you want this. With achieving 98 hunter I can imagine your goal suddenly feels so much closer to completing even though being quite some experience away. As an achievement like this requires alot of planning I am really amazed Ninja.
Furthermore I would like to wish you best of luck at uni. I hope you have the time of your life there! I had at least :thumbsup:

Edited by Velits, 16 September 2014 - 4:00 PM.

#3 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 September 2014 - 4:40 PM

Good luck with your goals! I hope you reach them soon.

Small tip, change your interface. Split all the tabs into multiple ones for combat so it's easier to reach prayer/magic or other stuff. Works better in my own experience.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#4 Bow

Bow

Posted 16 September 2014 - 5:01 PM

Congrats, you've been quite dedicated in sticking to training how you want to. Its so easy to get influenced to do things otherwise these days.

Good luck finishing it off.

Senior Moderator for Zybez Forums

Leader of RuneScape Dinasty

RSD - Joined: 03-10-06; Closed: 01-23-13 ]

#5 Kelly

Kelly

*Dalek voice* Exterminate!

• RS Name:i Kelly

Posted 16 September 2014 - 5:15 PM

Awesome, man; I can only imagine how difficult it is to avoid accidentally getting 99. How close have you placed yourself in each one?

Posted Image

[My Goals & Achievements Thread] - [Ex-Zybez Maintenance Crew] - [Ex-Zybez DJ]

~~ Join Zybez's in-game friends chat: "Zchat" ~~

Posted Image

#6 iiDutchie

iiDutchie

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Waregem89
  • Clan:Vitality

Posted 16 September 2014 - 5:17 PM

nice,, when u gonna get all 99's?
and dung 120 ofcourse.

Posted Image

LLL iWaregem - Combat 110

#7 Slay_My_Whip

Slay_My_Whip

• RS Name:Slayer Lamp

Posted 17 September 2014 - 9:30 AM

that's a very nice account :)

Posted Image

#8 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 18 September 2014 - 1:32 AM

I was waiting for this ever since I knew you got 98 hunter :lol: We don't know eachother for very long but in the past weeks I feel like we have become good friends. In our chats your goal was often a subject so I know how much you want this. With achieving 98 hunter I can imagine your goal suddenly feels so much closer to completing even though being quite some experience away. As an achievement like this requires alot of planning I am really amazed Ninja.
Furthermore I would like to wish you best of luck at uni. I hope you have the time of your life there! I had at least :thumbsup:

I :wub: you Velits, but you already knew that haha. Spending a ton of time chatting with you over the past month or so really helped with skilling (not that I find any skill extremely boring). I'm around 9.7M from max cape, but I don't plan on finishing that up until winter comes around. It's been a long and wild ride, but this seems like it's coming to a close. All the more worth it in the end. Well... I'd say this involves half planning and half quick-minded. I had to train skills in small amounts, switching between them frequently, to avoid cutting it close to a maxed skill (all the while factoring in activities that train multiple skills). It's tough to say the least. As for you, keep up the updates man! I've been meaning to post on your thread again for quite some time, but I keep forgetting!

Good luck with your goals! I hope you reach them soon.

Small tip, change your interface. Split all the tabs into multiple ones for combat so it's easier to reach prayer/magic or other stuff. Works better in my own experience.

Haha thanks... but not so soon I'm afraid due to the incoming term. :whistle: My screen is 13" so there's not too much room to spare. Splitting the tabs would only reduce my game space more, while making me cut chatbox and PM by half. There literally is no room to stack interfaces side by side. Through trial-and-error, I found that my setup works pretty good for what I have... maybe not so useful in combat, but I rarely go bossing anyway.

Congrats, you've been quite dedicated in sticking to training how you want to. Its so easy to get influenced to do things otherwise these days.
Good luck finishing it off.

Thanks Bow, it's definitely easy to get sidetracked. I wouldn't say I place restrictions on myself at all... I do everything that a normal scaper does. I have a quest cape. A little bit of everything including skilling and bossing. I've never allowed myself to train a skill for too long as it might defeat the purpose in the long-run. It was this epic goal that I kept thinking about - achieving skillcapes one by one just didn't do it for me. HP maxed because it was inevitable considering 5 skills are tied into it, along with the fact that the game is so combat-driven. This allowed me to keep balanced levels for as long as I could remember.

Awesome, man; I can only imagine how difficult it is to avoid accidentally getting 99. How close have you placed yourself in each one?

Aww thanks Kelly! Hmm... here's a breakdown of how close I am in terms of each skill. You can say a minute of training away for at half of them. :lol:

nice,, when u gonna get all 99's?
and dung 120 ofcourse.

Think I'll have some free time in the winter, but no promises yet!

that's a very nice account :)

Aye, thank you Slay! I'm also following your progress on your journey to maxed in oldschool. You've done a damn good job - a ton of things stand out to me as impressive. Keep us in the loop!

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#9 Luftey

Luftey

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Luft
  • Clan:Bob Squad

Posted 19 September 2014 - 9:48 AM

Gratz Ninja!!!!! YOu've been working on this goal for a long time! Proud of you buddy
The dedication to this goal has been a lot, props for being able to stick to it and get it finished.
I'm looking forward to seeing that chatbox spam when you pop out all those 99's at once this winter!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

Gratz Ninja!!!!! YOu've been working on this goal for a long time! Proud of you buddy
The dedication to this goal has been a lot, props for being able to stick to it and get it finished.
I'm looking forward to seeing that chatbox spam when you pop out all those 99's at once this winter!

Haha thanks Luft! :rolleyes: I would say it's my trademark atm - I still get tons of echos of surprise and compliments, especially around the GE area. Currently there's only 8 players in RS who have my stats (or straight 98s). The rest who originally had the same thing in mind are maxed I guess. Spam doesn't taste good, bleh, but in this case... it will be sweet. :XD:

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#11 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 12 October 2014 - 2:00 AM

Update #1

Guess I decided to keep you all in the loop haha. Also didn't feel like creating an entire new thread! :wub:

• So anyway, the past month has been pretty enjoyable. Only just finished my third week of college, and it's been fun meeting new faces and all. It's hard to keep names straight... you know? I usually have to ask on three separate occasions to make them stick. Also been typing quite a few papers lately, so that's been keeping me busy along the way.

• In the past few weeks, I've also been lightly keeping in touch with the game... finishing up some skills. Most of the xp gap in Hunter was covered by purely picking out of divine box traps for the better part of a month. Also still getting extra bonus xp from the crystal amulet helps. Throughout the month, I've been working on clearing Woodcutting by crystal trees, clearing melee (att/str/def) by frost dragons, and magic by trying glacors for the first time. I consider myself lucky that I didn't die... as everyone in my clan knows I'm terrible at PvM. :whistle:

• A few hours ago, I was chipping away at my remaining skills, seeing how close I can get haha. I can taste the Max Cape. :innocent: I think adventurer's log bar graph looks neat too.

Posted Image

• I rather not spend my own expenses on the game, which is why I had bought 2014's gold package with bonds. Costed me 220M, which honestly I only made due to lucky sigil drops while massing corp. Never recovered because of that long break April-August. This year, I bought 8 bonds with a gift card from my birthday back in June. Figured I'd save myself from desperately trying to make around 50M... which is very difficult for me I admit. Barely was able to fund the other 16 bonds with frost dragon & glacor loot (from finishing off combat), but nevertheless, I did it. Today, I guaranteed myself membership for 2015! :lol:

Posted Image

• So... obviously I am reduced to doing things with no experience gains. I now REALLY need money after bonds took it all away from me. Just spending my time tanning hides now for small profit. I'm not planning on getting the cape just yet, so we'll see. With midterms coming up for some of my courses this week, gotta turn my focus elsewhere. Until next time.

Posted Image

Edited by Ninjasteak, 21 October 2014 - 1:52 AM.

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#12 Luftey

Luftey

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Luft
  • Clan:Bob Squad

Posted 12 October 2014 - 1:09 PM

Congrats buddy! You've been dedicated to this goal for a real long time now, awesome to see how for all intents and purposes its completed!!! Totally stoked to see the world message spam when you get the 99's :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 12 October 2014 - 1:40 PM

Update #2

Congrats buddy! You've been dedicated to this goal for a real long time now, awesome to see how for all intents and purposes its completed!!! Totally stoked to see the world message spam when you get the 99's :D

Thanks man, was thinking of ways that I could get 1 smithing xp. Did a few low-level artisan stuff and... OMG, I swear that was an accident!!

• Second 99. Still 24 98's ... which I think is still very, very rare.
Posted Image

Curiosity killed the cat. Bye bye, untrimmed HP... you will be surely missed. :-/
Spoiler

Edited by Ninjasteak, 30 October 2014 - 1:21 AM.

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#14 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 3:08 PM

I don't know if I have to congratulate or condole you with your 'mistake' Ninjaboi. I must say I am very happy to see your topic in this sectiion of the achievements department :lol: We don't have many RS3 topics at the moment :# I also notice you have quite some time still besides uni?

#15 Stormarmbat

Stormarmbat

Slayer Master Tolkien Salutes you!

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Congratz!
Posted Image

#16 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

I don't know if I have to congratulate or condole you with your 'mistake' Ninjaboi. I must say I am very happy to see your topic in this sectiion of the achievements department :lol: We don't have many RS3 topics at the moment :# I also notice you have quite some time still besides uni?

Well... a mistake in the big picture of things. Oh well. I think I told you this before, but I'm not intending for this topic to be a full progress log, more of a place where I can put things in a single place. Just started Week 5, almost halfway through the term already... this flies by pretty fast. I already had two midterms (bio & chem), and I'm quite happy with the grades so far. :thumbsup: Hopefully I can keep it up. I think some deadlines tend to go right over my head until a good Samaritan points them out. I do have some downtime - quite surprised at that since I'm taking 17 credits. It's either that or I'm always procrastinating, which is my middle name.

Congratz!

Thanks man, I've been seeing you around the forums more often now! You might want to say more next time though...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update #3

• And... what's life without risk? Interesting experience... who knew you can gain dungeoneering xp precisely when you're smithing within the dungeon? Wishful thinking. I didn't. >I give you my third 99.
Posted Image

• I feel like I should max before I mess up more haha. :lol: This is probably the closest I can ever get. I've done everything possible, exhausting my options as to what would give me the lowest experience in a certain skill. 99 is 13,034,431xp for reference. Just ignore the HP, Smith, and Dg, and you'll see how beautiful this is.

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Ninjasteak, 30 October 2014 - 1:19 AM.

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#17 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 3:46 AM

Man those DG capes are so nice. It's something I always wanted to get myself. Never got higher then 90 though. Is DG sstll useful with all those high tier weapons around. Anyway, grats Kev. Keep going now!

#18 dead_daisy

dead_daisy

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

Ok normally RS3 threads aren't appealing to me....but these pictures and stats are giving me everything.

#19 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 25 October 2014 - 4:31 PM

Maxing date & party: November --, 2014

Man those DG capes are so nice. It's something I always wanted to get myself. Never got higher then 90 though. Is DG sstll useful with all those high tier weapons around. Anyway, grats Kev. Keep going now!

I feel Dg gets pretty easy at 90+ just because you have access to more floors, bosses, and higher prestige... if you still remember how that works. :-P Chaotics never died, I myself have a maul and staff. The drygore sets are around 100m each and not everyone has that kind of cash. At least not me. I kinda hate how all the new high-level items these days are a) degradable and b) extremely expensive. That's why I stick with level 75/80 weapons and armors as they are the best non-degradables around. Anyway, thanks for replying once again... and you always know I'm keeping up with your progress too haha. :wub:

Ok normally RS3 threads aren't appealing to me....but these pictures and stats are giving me everything.

Aye thanks Daisy, I know you're oldschool based, but some RS3 threads are worth checking out. You must be impressed by my pics since I did a little graphic working with them haha. Pretty much you can consider me maxed, but not officially. If you looked above, I ruined my untrimmed hp earlier this month, but I still got 23 98's to go. I think it's a record. :wink: I have to say your thread is looking really cool too! If you have any questions on making your thread stand out, I can give you some advice. Hope to talk to you more in Zchat too :)
Oh, wait... what am I giving you ... :whistle:

Edited by Ninjasteak, 25 October 2014 - 9:41 PM.

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#20 Slave_Ruben

Slave_Ruben

Level 3 Skiller

• RS Name:AlwaysBotted
  • Clan:Leverage

Posted 25 October 2014 - 8:16 PM

Wow, amazing account. What are your current goals since your all 98 now? Very impressive!

Great song choice for your thread. My absolute favorite! :thumbsup:

RSN: Slave Ruben | 1,086 Total Level | Level 3 Skiller | 30.7M Cooking XP |

Road to Top 100 Cookers!

Current Rank: 200

Check out my level 3 skiller achievements thread

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: