The Rising Forums - CC: Tr Chat

#43 Rashy

Rashy

• RS Name:Rashdan
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

Make a seperate subforum for 2007 stuff

We have a whole seperate forum for this: http://2007rshelp.com

That's not a separate forum, it's a separate site. The forum link links back to RSC.

#44 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Make a seperate subforum for 2007 stuff

We have a whole seperate forum for this: http://2007rshelp.com

That's not a separate forum, it's a separate site. The forum link links back to RSC.

Sorry my bad, but that's what I meant :-P

mod.gif

The Rising Since 2009 

8RjHeJz.png

#45 Mila

Mila

• RS Name:Cults
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

I'm fairly new and i don't really post frequently, but i figured i'd give some feedback on the Zybez trading post.

1) Make the note section more noticeable and perhaps somehow mandatory to be read. People using OSbuddy clients aren't seeing the notes, resulting in confusion and also angry customers\sellers. Yes they can hover over with mouse, but let's face it most people don't know that exists or too lazy.

2) Here's a chance for you guys to make money, create a pro version which allows people to post offers that remain on the top much longer and don't get bumped down. This makes a world of a difference because most people often only message the most recent posts, unless they are desperate. Pro version will remove multiple users from creating dummy accounts to manipulate and dominate market. Other features like less restrictions and more frequent post can be applied to pro.

3) Zybez market is usually for people that want bulk, when it comes to raw material but on the contrary when it pertains to low volume items like Godswords, Bandos armor, etc. Create restrictions on the amount of low volume items you can potentially buy and sell.

Examples: Buying 1 Bandos Godsword X-amount of GP, instead of Buying 2312 Bandos Godsword X-amount of GP (low vol goods)

Examples: Buying 500 Magic logs X-amount of GP, instead of Buying 21 Magic logs x-amount of gp (high vol goods)

If people want to buy 21 Magic logs, they can do so inside the game and stop spamming the Zybez market with insignificant posts. I'm not trying to be crude, but it's a fact. Zybez should be for high volume trading FOR high volume items. I'm sure many people agree.

Minimum amounts should be set at 500 for logs, 500 for ores, 500 bars, etc. Perhaps the minimum amounts can be tweaked slightly for expensive high volume items such as ranarr weeds. This can go both ways, buying and selling.

4) When will sets be added for 3rd Age Magic, Range, Melee? People try to sell sets by using platebody or platelegs, which negative affects the prices by being highly inaccurate. Everything else has sets, what is the problem here? Almost seems like someone has something to gain by making the third age market very confusing. Prove me wrong by adding sets.

Thanks for reading my feedback, i hope i didn't appear rude in any of my posts. Just being honest! :)

#46 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

3) Zybez market is usually for people that want bulk, when it comes to raw material but on the contrary when it pertains to low volume items like Godswords, Bandos armor, etc. Create restrictions on the amount of low volume items you can potentially buy and sell.

Examples: Buying 1 Bandos Godsword X-amount of GP, instead of Buying 2312 Bandos Godsword X-amount of GP (low vol goods)

Examples: Buying 500 Magic logs X-amount of GP, instead of Buying 21 Magic logs x-amount of gp (high vol goods)

If people want to buy 21 Magic logs, they can do so inside the game and stop spamming the Zybez market with insignificant posts. I'm not trying to be crude, but it's a fact. Zybez should be for high volume trading FOR high volume items. I'm sure many people agree.

Minimum amounts should be set at 500 for logs, 500 for ores, 500 bars, etc. Perhaps the minimum amounts can be tweaked slightly for expensive high volume items such as ranarr weeds. This can go both ways, buying and selling.

Zybez is a place for everyone's use, rich,poor,noobs,pro's u name it.
I don't see Zybez turning into a price guide for people who can afford large bulks only, whatever the reason may be :-P

Also do not hesitate to post such suggestions more often in here: http://forums.zybez....t-and-feedback/
Mods do read them!

mod.gif

The Rising Since 2009 

8RjHeJz.png

#47 Luftey

Luftey

• RS Name:Luft
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Bob Squad

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Concerning forum activity, it has gone down a bunch since say pre-EOC. I remember when the drop sticky in Achievements had multiple posts a day and going to a Zybez event resultsed in a 100% full FC.

As for increasing activity, players are still interested in forums (look at the runescape & 2007scape reddits). I never got into PvP clans, so I can't speak much regarding that aspect. As for events, I know I've hosted a few, the last one was maybe 6 months ago? And it resulted in perhaps 6 people coming :(

Zybez's main attraction is the price guide, I think the best way to increase posts would be to add something that would encourage them to go from the price guide over to the forums. Or perhaps simple things such as with X posts you can get your name a certain color so you stand out on the buy/sell list?

Overall, while I"m one of those who reads the topics on forums when new ones pop up, I don't post a ton. That said, I love Zybez and I've made some awesome friends here/in the Zybeznet clan and looking forward to being here for a long time to come

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Kelly

Kelly

*Dalek voice* Exterminate!

• RS Name:i Kelly

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

I feel you have a wonderful community, and I've proudly been apart of it for quite a number of years. However, I also feel that the forums activity has substantially dropped. It’s sad to see. I feel a large part of this is because the forums really requires more interactive tentativeness for it to truly thrive. I’m not saying or implying that the staff isn’t tentative, it’s just that when every area is being engaged and really engrossed with stuff, things thrive very well. Just my $0.02, I highly respect this forums and do adore it, I hope that the things that are suggested here aid in boosting the forums overall. Thank you for allowing us to give our input.

Posted Image

[My Goals & Achievements Thread] - [Ex-Zybez Maintenance Crew] - [Ex-Zybez DJ]

~~ Join Zybez's in-game friends chat: "Zchat" ~~

Posted Image

#49 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:lNo1
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

Heard there was a huge decline in the Ventrilo server which led to it being shot down (for now)?
Perhaps it's an idea to get Teamspeak3? Everyone uses it with their clans and u can be on multiple servers a time so it's much easier to hop by.

And I believe with a good Events team (perhaps add 2/3 new faces into it as it currently consists of 2 people(?) ) we really could have some decent community events again. Once again I heard there's been a decline in people showing up to those. Do them at least once a week, if possible, though as once in the 2/3months doesn't really get people hyped either. If we could get something like that I really do think Zybez events can be fun and appealing to the outside especially if you combine it with the people being on teamspeak having a good time etc. RS3 & OSRS events.

I don't really understand the voice chat scene personally, but we're discussing it.

As for events, hosting things isn't really the crux of the issue. My understanding is that the events we have hosted recently have largely been flops. Nobody bothers to show up. Maybe better advertising and more regularity would help, but it could just as easily have the opposite effect--people realize there's no turnout so they don't turn out (lovely self-perpetuating cycle), and all of the people willing to host get discouraged and burnt out. I'd like to see a lot of successful events, but it's troublesome.

I'm fairly new and i don't really post frequently, but i figured i'd give some feedback on the Zybez trading post.

Thanks for the suggestions. 2 probably won't happen (money is not a concern, and I'd rather be fair to everyone), and 3 definitely will not, but we'll see about the others. There's no reason set items are missing for 3rd-age armors except that nobody ever told me they were missing and needed. I'm not all-knowing. :-)
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#50 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

• RS Name:B0rntowildy

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

stop being so strict, its 2014 and flaming is the norm. getting banned/suspended for calling someone an idiot or stupid or a noob or a spastic is so neonazi its unbelievable. we're not 12, babying people like they are is a real turnoff. obviously the derogatory ones can remain, but simple insults like such should be looked over.

As a former clanner, I completely agree on this point but you have to see it from two sides. The reason the censor and strict attitude is in place is because of the age gap from people still. It's more of a respect thing, look at it from a parents point of view. Would you want your child on a forum where sometimes incoherent flaming and abuse is allowed? There's more than just one side to it, however silly it may seem.

Although this a month old, how's this post worthy of a 14 day suspension?

Posted Image

Edited by B0rntowildy, 14 September 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#51 Buzz

Buzz

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I know this won't be a popular suggestion but you really need to stop banning people for silly offences and lift bans of those who have accumulated flaming/oversized signature offences (that really no one takes offense to nor do most people even care about trolls, so i'm not sure who you are trying to "protect"). As i said before, too many members who actually had ideas to help the community are banned off here and that's why it has become unpopular. It's got to the extent that you can actually speak more freely on Runescape than on these forums.

It's understandable that you need to keep the community in tact but really issue-ing bans/suspensions for oversized signatures is just going to dilute the already dying community on these forums.

Edited by Buzz, 14 September 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Retired.

#52 HAR

HAR

UNC Official -&- CD Senior Mod

• Clan:Clan Europe

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

The length of the suspension corresponds to the rating you are currently on, not the type of offence you've committed (see here). The Mod may wish to extend/decrease the length of suspension if they chose to do so but usually just to maintain consistency, most won't. If you want shorter suspensions: 1) start improving your posting to push your rating higher so if you do make a mistake in future, your suspension will be for a shorter length of time ... or 2) just don't break the rules.

In my opinion, we never ban people for 'silly' offenses. To reach -5 and get perm banned, you would have to have broken our rules 5 times meaning you would have been given at very least 4 chances to not do so again - and on top of that, you can actually drastically increase your number of chances by improving your posting and getting +1s back from Mods, so theoretically, you can have an infinite amount of chances before actually getting banned. The reason some people do get banned for what may be perceived as 'silly' reasons or something which in itself doesn't seem worthy of permanent banning is simply because the person has been floating on -2/-3/-4 for so long, not made any attempt or shown effort to improve their posting, continually trolled or what not until they make another mistake (regardless of how big or small) and reach the -5.
So given the number of chances you can get (e.g. we counted recently one guy had been give over 30 individual -1 ratings) I really don't think our system is unfair in that regard and people really only have themselves to blame for not taking the chances to learn from previous incidents.

Regarding signature infractions, before I became staff, I had 8-odd warnings and I ended up getting -1'd twice. If it's something like an oversized signature/avatar, you'll have to mess up multiple times before you get a suspension for it (believe me, I know!). Bear in mind that's in place to make sure the forums load quickly and remain a reasonable size.
However if your signature contains profanity or is ripped etc., you will probably get suspended for it. Signatures are viewable everywhere and that is therefore enforced as it would be anywhere else on the forum.

Clan Discussion already has leniency when it comes to what you can post there (including rules on spam and 'light' flaming/trolling) but there comes a point where the type of community people want where you can just openly flame people over imaginary clan ranks etc. just becomes degenerate. We have tried to accomodate how clan 'politics' has evolved but there comes a point where if you can't follow our rules (even after exceptions to the rules are in place), you simply will just get suspended/banned. I really don't think it's unreasonable to ask people not to resort to flaming on every single topic ...
As for lifting bans on people, banned users are always welcome to make an appeal and try to show they've learned from their mistakes, want to come back to RSC and contribute etc. So in that regard, it's really not the staff that is limiting the number of bans being lifted, if people don't appeal, they won't get unbanned.

But in terms of RS have more 'freedom' (I presume you mean the filter?) of what you can and can't say, yes that's true because in RS, you can toggle the censor on and off. Unfortunately as far as I'm aware, that isn't possible on these types of forums and I'm sure if it were, it'd be seriously considered. We have reviewed the list of filtered words a few times recently and taken one or two off but it's a hard 'scale' of profanity to manage, and because we still can't have a toggle system, for both fairness sake and the sake of maintaining a somewhat respectable community, we've had to take a hardline approach.

Hope that answers those questions.

Posted Image

Euphoria Founder
Clan Europe Legend

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in
the morning I will be sober and
you will still be ugly."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted Image

#53 Duckysaurus

Duckysaurus

Admiral

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

The text.. I don't know what happened but it is awful. Particularly on the price guide and notifications interface.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 Jim

Jim

I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

The text.. I don't know what happened but it is awful. Particularly on the price guide and notifications interface.

That is on your end. Google Chrome recently had an update that changed the text.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 Duckysaurus

Duckysaurus

Admiral

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

That is on your end. Google Chrome recently had an update that changed the text.

Thank you good to know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

Thank you good to know.

There are addons to change the Google Chrome text, be sure to seek them out.

0vjB8Du.png

Platforms I also play on.

Xbox: Scraps Of Manga | Playstation MangaScraps

Steam: manga_scraps | Battle.Net: Manga#1499

Nintendo ID: Manga_Scraps | 3DS: 2578-3137-9250

#57 Kelly

Kelly

*Dalek voice* Exterminate!

• RS Name:i Kelly

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thank you good to know.

There are addons to change the Google Chrome text, be sure to seek them out.

To semi-piggyback on the replies, Chrome’s updates can be infuriating, but thankfully manageable. Though it’s the reason I opted for Firefox on my desktop versus Chrome. Good luck fixing the issue.

On point of the thread (OP), I do have more a question than necessarily saying “this is something to fix,” I realized that the auto-spellcheck function isn’t working on this website. I’m apart of many other IP.Board community forums, including my own graphical one and the spellcheck works dandy there. I don’t think the issue is necessarily on my end. Is there anyway for this to be fixed?

Posted Image

[My Goals & Achievements Thread] - [Ex-Zybez Maintenance Crew] - [Ex-Zybez DJ]

~~ Join Zybez's in-game friends chat: "Zchat" ~~

Posted Image

#58 YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS

YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS

Impartial observer

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

add topics from the clan videos section to the "Recent OSRS Discussions" that is displayed by the price guide

Edited by YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS, 15 September 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Proud DI Mentor

Posted Image

Never cheat, never lie, Damage Inc till I die

#59 SonnyMoore

SonnyMoore

Sonny Bunny

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

Well I remember someone posting inappropriate pictures that made people just never want to click on topics anymore. I asked a few friends of mine in game if they would read topics, and or, make a topic and most said no because they only use Zybez for the price guide and if they want to post anything Runescape related they will post it on Reddit. I have no idea how Reddit works, but from the looks of it they can post their own pictures with their text and I think maybe if Zybez does something in those lines maybe it would boost some activity. For instance, in the corner of the price guide have a topic "Have a funny Runescape moment or picture? Post here". For the most part, all I've seen from zybez in order to make a topic it has to be discussion value and sometimes a good image with some text can start a discussion.

Edited by SonnyMoore, 16 September 2014 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image

#60 imooalot

imooalot

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hi. We're Zybez.

We want to help you play the game well, and have fun doing it. What can we do that we're not doing right now?

You're the reason we exist at all, so if we haven't said it before: Thank you.

have a serious look at the moderators and maybe remove some of the corrupt ones. people checking others ip's etc is absolutely out of order. abusing their powers. also i feel no active clanner should be able to moderate clan fight sections in any way. people all have friends and its all biased. if i was the leader of my clan we wouldn't use this site at all as it stands. a bit more freedom would also be nice. i see flame bated topics up all the time and when someone makes a little joke topic it gets locked etc. runescape has a profanity's option zybez should be no different if people choose to swear etc. making the zybez price guide the way it is has not changed a thing just means some of us cannot make posts at all on it which is sad. really not fair for half the community who don't wish to associate their rs acc to their zybez acc

We need(i say need very loosely) to promote forum activity more. The price guide is a great feature, don't get me wrong, but it seems like to most people that's all we are anymore. We're just a price guide. There has to be a way to get the activity back up to how it was in let's say 2006 and forward. I can't speak for anything before that because I didn't use the website, but I've been registered since my first account since back then and the forums were always blossoming with things to interact with.

I'm not sure what all that would entail, but there has to be a way.

in short tho who cares about this dumb nerd site. unfortunately its long dead

"now back to the price guide"

This is exactly the thing that bothers me. "In short who cares about this dumb nerd site" - obviously you care enough to post on the thread and state your opinion, however uncivil it may be. We're trying to make the website as a whole better for players like you who don't care about our site. Progress requires feedback in a civil manner, not insulting the site because it's not as good as you want it to be.

funny how its mods etc only replying to my comment, very defensive in my mind. there are plenty things mods like these can do which should not be allowed. if a mod cannot do things on a topic they just get another to do it for them for example.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: