OSRS

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#21 Sarrakas

Sarrakas

Puffo Brontolone.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

/rant

If you have any concerns regarding bias from moderators, feel free to contact one of the CD leaders (e.g. Jaacco) with evidence and it will be dealt with.

Posted Image
Posted Image
| Ex-Shadow Elves Leader | Ex-Mystic Knights Member | Ex-Fate Warlord |
| Global Moderator, feel free to message me with questions or concerns | Posted Image |

#22 DarklordAndi

DarklordAndi

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:54 AM

Didn't know it was broken

Posted Image

#23 ^ Jet

^ Jet

Destroyers of Midsize

• RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Poison

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

Should cleanse CD of its awful moderation

~~~~~~~~~Destroyers of Midsize~~~~~~~~~

#24 Kingg Gucci

Kingg Gucci

The King

• RS Name:K1nggGucci
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:V2R

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

I personally think Mods should be given to those whose not in a clan so they can't be biased.

Posted Image

#25 imooalot

imooalot

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:05 AM

/rant

If you have any concerns regarding bias from moderators, feel free to contact one of the CD leaders (e.g. Jaacco) with evidence and it will be dealt with.

well i am not on the inside here. and its not a rant its my opinion. people who are in control of these forms must find the evidence that is already underlying no doubt. also i said that moderators for clan fights should be external i have said this in the past. it does not matter if they have experience in clanning.
Posted Image

#26 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

also i feel no active clanner should be able to moderate clan fight sections in any way.

I personally think Mods should be given to those whose not in a clan so they can't be biased.

It's interesting you say that. One of the most common complaints our staff has had in the past is that a lot of the Moderators and Senior Moderators of that section were no longer in clans or even played the game at all, the complaint usually was that they were "out of touch" with the current clan community and this made them unfit to moderate the section. Simple fact is, you can't please everyone in this regard.

A2xdnTr.png

PMBQx20.png

#27 imooalot

imooalot

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

also i feel no active clanner should be able to moderate clan fight sections in any way.

It's interesting you say that. One of the most common complaints our staff has had in the past is that a lot of the Moderators and Senior Moderators of that section were no longer in clans or even played the game at all, the complaint usually was that they were "out of touch" with the current clan community and this made them unfit to moderate the section. Simple fact is, you can't please everyone in this regard.

it doesn't matter tho the point is judges have to be external non biased look at a court of law, does the jury know the person they are judging? answer is no and if they did they would be allowed nothing to do with it. and this clan world everyone knows everyone.
Posted Image

#28 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

/rant

well i am not on the inside here. and its not a rant its my opinion. people who are in control of these forms must find the evidence that is already underlying no doubt. also i said that moderators for clan fights should be external i have said this in the past. it does not matter if they have experience in clanning.

Incase you didn't already know, the moderators are not allowed to touch topics involving their own clan. That rule has been in place for years and it was created exactly to prevent claims of bias. I also check moderator actions monthly to follow their activity and that they follow the guidelines.

You claim that there's underlying evidence, yet you're unable to bring up anything. Like you said, it's simply your opinion and I beg to differ. I'll definitely take action if you can prove your claims.

To your next point, getting moderators who have nothing to do with clan world. You have to understand that the staff here doesn't get paid and the work we do is completely voluntary. This means that there has to be certain level of interest to keep them doing their job. Getting complete outsiders to moderate CD and it's sub-forums simply doesn't work. We've tried with couple of community leaders who didn't have so strong connection to clanning and they didn't last long. Another problem with outsiders is that they don't fully understand the mechanics of clan fights or how the clanning community works so they're unable to moderate CD properly, which only leads to new claims of bias.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.

#29 Southampton9

Southampton9

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

On top of what has already been said, I would see if there are any routes to go down in terms of partnering with Jagex as a legit sight players can go to. Runescape Wiki being a good example of this. It's really good quite a lot of players on 07 are starting to know the about the OSRS price guide but maybe it expand it to more than just a price guide as players have said, working on the strong foundation we already have.
Euphoria Retired JESUS SAVES
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Personal awards
Spoiler
RSC related awards
Spoiler

#30 Wee Man

Wee Man

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

On top of what has already been said, I would see if there are any routes to go down in terms of partnering with Jagex as a legit sight players can go to. Runescape Wiki being a good example of this.

The staff has taken every opportunity to do this, No1 summed it up best on the previous page:

In a word: yes. It's been an incredibly frustrating situation for all of us, and one we've been trying to resolve for years. Saying that Jagex has been unresponsive on the matter would be a huge understatement. At this point, it's not clear whose decision it is, nor what their reasoning is for continuing to single us out among all other fansites despite our role in the community. When we do get a response at all, it typically ranges from 'I'll look into it' to 'It's complicated.'

A2xdnTr.png

PMBQx20.png

#31 imooalot

imooalot

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

/rant

Incase you didn't already know, the moderators are not allowed to touch topics involving their own clan. That rule has been in place for years and it was created exactly to prevent claims of bias. I also check moderator actions monthly to follow their activity and that they follow the guidelines.

You claim that there's underlying evidence, yet you're unable to bring up anything. Like you said, it's simply your opinion and I beg to differ. I'll definitely take action if you can prove your claims.

To your next point, getting moderators who have nothing to do with clan world. You have to understand that the staff here doesn't get paid and the work we do is completely voluntary. This means that there has to be certain level of interest to keep them doing their job. Getting complete outsiders to moderate CD and it's sub-forums simply doesn't work. We've tried with couple of community leaders who didn't have so strong connection to clanning and they didn't last long. Another problem with outsiders is that they don't fully understand the mechanics of clan fights or how the clanning community works so they're unable to moderate CD properly, which only leads to new claims of bias.

i am aware that they are not allowed to impose on their own clans topics etc but we all know that is not how it has been working for a long time. i understand that you feel mods have to understand clan fights but really the facts are in the videos pics and topic itself so there is no need for knowledge of actual warring. i cant view logs etc or anything to do with what mods are up to on these forms, me getting any real evidence is not easy. external mods would end the troubles that go on. there could be an application for only non clanners for instance and im sure there would be people happy to fill the roll. its not like it would be something hard to do and if there were people who wanted to do it i say i vote for the whole community and ask what option we all want zybez to take

/rant

i am aware that they are not allowed to impose on their own clans topics etc but we all know that is not how it has been working for a long time. i understand that you feel mods have to understand clan fights but really the facts are in the videos pics and topic itself so there is no need for knowledge of actual warring. i cant view logs etc or anything to do with what mods are up to on these forms, me getting any real evidence is not easy. external mods would end the troubles that go on. there could be an application for only non clanners for instance and im sure there would be people happy to fill the roll. its not like it would be something hard to do and if there were people who wanted to do it i say i vote for the whole community and ask what option we all want zybez to take

perhaps jagex mods who have taken interest could be involved some how
Posted Image

#32 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Im not really sure if this will make anything different, but I'd like to be able to see who +1 and -1 all my posts. Out of curiosity, if that could be fixed i'd love you guys forever lol

#33 Wee Man

Wee Man

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:55 AM

perhaps jagex mods who have taken interest could be involved some how

How can you claim that external mods will "end the troubles that go on" or state that "we all know that's not how it's been working for a long time" and then go on to say you have zero evidence to support either of those claims and have no access to see what the mods are actually doing? The truth is if anything untoward was happening the senior staff would have caught it and dealt with it.

A2xdnTr.png

PMBQx20.png

#34 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

Im not really sure if this will make anything different, but I'd like to be able to see who +1 and -1 all my posts. Out of curiosity, if that could be fixed i'd love you guys forever lol

I've been told that Senior Mods and Kings have that ability. In terms of letting this flow into regular members, there are pros and cons. On the good side, I think that would be pretty helpful to identify others with different opinions. Maybe it should be that only you can see this information, I'm not sure. On the bad, this would lead to more instances of arguments localized between two or more members.

zHsjHb9.png?17UHJ5hb.png?17Y47EXz.png?1

Achievements, Questions, Marketplace Staff • Zchat Team • Zybeznet Team Leader

Global Forum Moderator

"Good things come to those who do not suck." - Ramuhitsuji

kRV29fz.png

#35 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

I've been told that Senior Mods and Kings have that ability. In terms of letting this flow into regular members, there are pros and cons. On the good side, I think that would be pretty helpful to identify others with different opinions. Maybe it should be that only you can see this information, I'm not sure. On the bad, this would lead to more instances of arguments localized between two or more members.

Completely agreed with the last part. Not exactly sure how the mods would go about doing this, but maybe could be something to think about.

#36 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

What about a Zybez Subreddit where people can see all the events, hot topics, competitions, suggestions, and open communication with staff and members all in once space that a lot of the internet checks daily. Yes we have facebook but there are tons of people who dislike Facebook groups and the reddit would be fueled by the community not the staff.

I would like the reputation to only go one way, up. It's spam to say "I agree" or "I like that post" hence the justification of upvote/liking/thanking the post. You have to work harder to write out a valid disagreement with a post than just slapping a -1 and ignoring what could be addressed into an interesting conversation or debate.

On top of what has already been said, I would see if there are any routes to go down in terms of partnering with Jagex as a legit sight players can go to. Runescape Wiki being a good example of this. It's really good quite a lot of players on 07 are starting to know the about the OSRS price guide but maybe it expand it to more than just a price guide as players have said, working on the strong foundation we already have.

Zybez has taken every opportunity to attempt to communicate with Jagex with this, we still try to this very day and have never once given up on it. The burden is on Jagex to open the discussion we keep trying to start, which as No1 has stated to be frustrating. Also if you have been following Reddit the last week you can learn the RSwiki has their own troubles with Jagex, though that topic is inappropriate for this discussion so I'll let everyone discover that on their own.

Platforms I also play on.

Xbox: Scraps Of Manga | Playstation MangaScraps

Steam: manga_scraps | Battle.Net: Manga#1499

Nintendo ID: Manga_Scraps | 3DS: 2578-3137-9250

#37 Jay

Jay

Dark lady watch over me

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hi. We're Zybez.

We want to help you play the game well, and have fun doing it. What can we do that we're not doing right now?

You're the reason we exist at all, so if we haven't said it before: Thank you.

have a serious look at the moderators and maybe remove some of the corrupt ones. people checking others ip's etc is absolutely out of order. abusing their powers. also i feel no active clanner should be able to moderate clan fight sections in any way. people all have friends and its all biased. if i was the leader of my clan we wouldn't use this site at all as it stands. a bit more freedom would also be nice. i see flame bated topics up all the time and when someone makes a little joke topic it gets locked etc. runescape has a profanity's option zybez should be no different if people choose to swear etc. making the zybez price guide the way it is has not changed a thing just means some of us cannot make posts at all on it which is sad. really not fair for half the community who don't wish to associate their rs acc to their zybez acc

We need(i say need very loosely) to promote forum activity more. The price guide is a great feature, don't get me wrong, but it seems like to most people that's all we are anymore. We're just a price guide. There has to be a way to get the activity back up to how it was in let's say 2006 and forward. I can't speak for anything before that because I didn't use the website, but I've been registered since my first account since back then and the forums were always blossoming with things to interact with.

I'm not sure what all that would entail, but there has to be a way.

in short tho who cares about this dumb nerd site. unfortunately its long dead

"now back to the price guide"

This is exactly the thing that bothers me. "In short who cares about this dumb nerd site" - obviously you care enough to post on the thread and state your opinion, however uncivil it may be. We're trying to make the website as a whole better for players like you who don't care about our site. Progress requires feedback in a civil manner, not insulting the site because it's not as good as you want it to be.

#38 Rashy

Rashy

• RS Name:Rashdan
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

Completely agreed with the last part. Not exactly sure how the mods would go about doing this, but maybe could be something to think about.

The closest option to this one that IPB supports is Like/Unlike. If you like a post, hit like, and the post automatically displays a list of people who've liked the post. If you don't like the post, there's no dislike option, so move along or quote the post. If you change your mind about a post you liked, you can unlike it.

#39 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Heard there was a huge decline in the Ventrilo server which led to it being shot down (for now)?
Perhaps it's an idea to get Teamspeak3? Everyone uses it with their clans and u can be on multiple servers a time so it's much easier to hop by.

And I believe with a good Events team (perhaps add 2/3 new faces into it as it currently consists of 2 people(?) ) we really could have some decent community events again. Once again I heard there's been a decline in people showing up to those. Do them at least once a week, if possible, though as once in the 2/3months doesn't really get people hyped either. If we could get something like that I really do think Zybez events can be fun and appealing to the outside especially if you combine it with the people being on teamspeak having a good time etc. RS3 & OSRS events.

Posted Image

The Rising Since 2009 - Vitality Since 2013
Posted Image
The Rising Forums - CC: Tr Chat

#40 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

The closest option to this one that IPB supports is Like/Unlike. If you like a post, hit like, and the post automatically displays a list of people who've liked the post. If you don't like the post, there's no dislike option, so move along or quote the post. If you change your mind about a post you liked, you can unlike it.

That actually seems like a reasonable idea. I think that would work out great. It would definitely stop people from -1'ing people just because people dislike that person or clan/team that person is in for whatever reason. This should definitely be implemented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: