Jump to content


Photo

What Can We Do Better?

OSRS

  • Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 Isndar

Isndar

    ガーランド

  • Posts:4,579
  • Joined:11-February 06
  • RS Name:Isndar
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Unity
  • Team:Malaysia

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostRscUser, on 24 November 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostYoto32, on 24 November 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 24 November 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

I think forum moderators should join a f2p pk clan. At least make attempts. If they are playing Osrs, why not join one. Cdrsc has been a major core of zybez, why not part take?
Uhm, we can't force people to do things they don't want to do. That includes staff.
Obviously, I am just suggesting how moderators can help

I can assure you that several moderators and senior members is already in a main clans and helping zybez in their own free way while remaining as neutral as possible.

Brad, Kakashi, Yoeni, Tha Hanzz, Icedrop and all other old Honored members did this and I can bet my Rune Chainbody that even current staff is doing the same thing. :king:

It helps the community to gain information and update towards the clan world.
  • 0

E22ffGu.png
Stalking CDRSC 'low-fi' since 2004
Council | High Council | Warlord | Co-Leader | Leader
Currently Playing OSRS casually under the RSN - Isndar (level-125)
99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 97 Prayer
Leader of Unity | Malaysia's RS Community Clan


#182 Yoto32

Yoto32

    Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

  • Posts:10,951
  • Joined:05-December 05
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostM1 Garrand, on 15 December 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 24 November 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostYoto32, on 24 November 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 24 November 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

I think forum moderators should join a f2p pk clan. At least make attempts. If they are playing Osrs, why not join one. Cdrsc has been a major core of zybez, why not part take?
Uhm, we can't force people to do things they don't want to do. That includes staff.
Obviously, I am just suggesting how moderators can help

I can assure you that several moderators and senior members is already in a main clans and helping zybez in their own free way while remaining as neutral as possible.

Brad, Kakashi, Yoeni, Tha Hanzz, Icedrop and all other old Honored members did this and I can bet my Rune Chainbody that even current staff is doing the same thing. :king:

It helps the community to gain information and update towards the clan world.
Out of the entire CD staff, Dan, Kevin, and I are the only staffers who aren't currently in a clan.
  • 0
There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath

Yeah but what I talk about is complete nonsense the vast majority of it


#183 RscUser

RscUser

    Don't Have One

  • Posts:1,220
  • Joined:20-February 12
  • RS Name:Paul
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:In One

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostYoto32, on 15 December 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostM1 Garrand, on 15 December 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 24 November 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostYoto32, on 24 November 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 24 November 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

I think forum moderators should join a f2p pk clan. At least make attempts. If they are playing Osrs, why not join one. Cdrsc has been a major core of zybez, why not part take?
Uhm, we can't force people to do things they don't want to do. That includes staff.
Obviously, I am just suggesting how moderators can help

I can assure you that several moderators and senior members is already in a main clans and helping zybez in their own free way while remaining as neutral as possible.

Brad, Kakashi, Yoeni, Tha Hanzz, Icedrop and all other old Honored members did this and I can bet my Rune Chainbody that even current staff is doing the same thing. :king:

It helps the community to gain information and update towards the clan world.
Out of the entire CD staff, Dan, Kevin, and I are the only staffers who aren't currently in a clan.
Not talking about the CD staff, I am talking about everyone #
  • 0

I don't care. I just don't care E#

 

j3HHmXb.png


#184 Yoto32

Yoto32

    Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

  • Posts:10,951
  • Joined:05-December 05
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostRscUser, on 15 December 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Not talking about the CD staff, I am talking about everyone #
Not all the staff likes pking, or even plays OSRS.
  • 0
There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath

Yeah but what I talk about is complete nonsense the vast majority of it


#185 RscUser

RscUser

    Don't Have One

  • Posts:1,220
  • Joined:20-February 12
  • RS Name:Paul
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:In One

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostYoto32, on 15 December 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 15 December 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Not talking about the CD staff, I am talking about everyone #
Not all the staff likes pking, or even plays OSRS.
I know, but I think this is how "you can do better"
  • 0

I don't care. I just don't care E#

 

j3HHmXb.png


#186 Kenny

Kenny

    Mars

  • Posts:3,733
  • Joined:22-February 06
  • RS Name:Mars
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostRscUser, on 15 December 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

View PostYoto32, on 15 December 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 15 December 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Not talking about the CD staff, I am talking about everyone #
Not all the staff likes pking, or even plays OSRS.
I know, but I think this is how "you can do better"

I'm not sure how having all the staff members join a clan would be an improvement to these forums. Yoto actually explained something to me which made me change my views on Zybez. If you think of Zybez as a clan or (unofficial clan) of its own right, here you have their forums where they promote their own discussion & events. These forums are suppose to also represent equal opportunities for each clan to represent themselves on Zybez. Having each staff member join a clan may cause problems when it comes to decisions. Also it is hard to remain neutral if you are in two or more clans, (Zybez) & another clan. Many staff members that aren't part of a clan currently have been part of a clan in the past.
  • 0

Posted Image


#187 RscUser

RscUser

    Don't Have One

  • Posts:1,220
  • Joined:20-February 12
  • RS Name:Paul
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:In One

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostKenny, on 16 December 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 15 December 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

View PostYoto32, on 15 December 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostRscUser, on 15 December 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Not talking about the CD staff, I am talking about everyone #
Not all the staff likes pking, or even plays OSRS.
I know, but I think this is how "you can do better"

I'm not sure how having all the staff members join a clan would be an improvement to these forums. Yoto actually explained something to me which made me change my views on Zybez. If you think of Zybez as a clan or (unofficial clan) of its own right, here you have their forums where they promote their own discussion & events. These forums are suppose to also represent equal opportunities for each clan to represent themselves on Zybez. Having each staff member join a clan may cause problems when it comes to decisions. Also it is hard to remain neutral if you are in two or more clans, (Zybez) & another clan. Many staff members that aren't part of a clan currently have been part of a clan in the past.
at the same time, a major part of these forums was the clan discussion. I think not having staff involved in the clan world, or even in clans, will just hinder clan growth. Granted many of us do not want to put in the effort and get out and recruit/spread awareness, but I feel the active mods who are not involved in the clan world is almost a waste. Yes, Mods have been pretty good, but bias can be controlled by removing the biased moderators. There are great moderators who have contributed their part, but if they are still active in the community(unless irl obligations is too much) and clanless, it almost seems like it is not enough. You can do all you want and applaud them Kenny, but it seems you are trying to find and argument. These moderators are generally beneficial for our community, and can help the clan world grow, when we need them. If they joined a clan and became biased, then they probably should not have been moderators to begin with.
  • 0

I don't care. I just don't care E#

 

j3HHmXb.png


#188 Yoto32

Yoto32

    Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

  • Posts:10,951
  • Joined:05-December 05
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

CD does drive a large part of our factivity, but it isn't the entire forums. There's still plenty of activity from GD, Achievements, Questions, etc and some people become mods thanks to their efforts in those boards. However, CD always has had a far higher proportion of mods compared to other boards, and we're always making sure that CD has an appropriate amount of mods and CLs.
  • 0
There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath

Yeah but what I talk about is complete nonsense the vast majority of it


#189 BattleNex

BattleNex

    Junior Member

  • Posts:1
  • Joined:28-March 16

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Add a section to the Recipe for Disaster quest guide at the top that displays ALL required quests. Makes it easier to check back on what you need. :)

Edited by BattleNex, 18 April 2016 - 10:10 PM.

  • 0

#190 Jaacco

Jaacco

    Member

  • Posts:13,431
  • Joined:10-September 07
  • RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:18 AM

View PostBattleNex, on 18 April 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

Add a section to the Recipe for Disaster quest guide at the top that displays ALL required quests. Makes it easier to check back on what you need. :)
We already have that, or am I missing something? http://www.zybez.net...e_for_disaster/
  • 0

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader - PM me if you need assistance.


#191 Be Pride

Be Pride

    Member

  • Posts:67
  • Joined:15-June 16
  • RS Name:Be Pride
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:DK
  • Team:None

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

always stay positive!
  • 1

#192 Yesmean

Yesmean

    Member

  • Posts:78
  • Joined:23-March 14

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:04 AM

LET the debate begin


  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: