We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
MMD Events

Mm&d Events - September Back To Sch... Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Posted Image

Hello and welcome to the Multimedia and Design Event! Our theme today is RuneScape Freestyle Screenshots.
We have taken your suggestions and have come up with this new format: Now these events are planned to be quarterly instead of one month. We now offer RuneScape Bonds as a prize. I have also extended the time to submit by one week.

Digital media and screenshots were tied in the poll so I decided to go with screenshots for this, the less time consuming option, first due to university and schooling starting.

This event is a freestyle RuneScape screenshot competition meaning all types of RuneScape screenshots are permitted. You are welcome to modify the screenshot with digital manipulation as long as the screenshot remains the main focus. It can be a funny joke, an interesting glitch, an impressive landscape, an epic encounter, or a humble moment.

OSRS and RS3 players may both submit. Submissions must be made in the event period.
In the interest of fairness and non-bias we ask all submissions remove all mention of the user who submitted the image. MM&D staff are happy to do this if you don't have a way to easily edit images or censor names.

Submissions will open on Monday September 1st and end on Monday September 22nd, this means you have 3 weeks to submit.
Public voting will start shortly after and end on Wednesday September 30th with the winner announced on October 1st.
PM your submissions to Manga.

Winners of these events will receive the following:
  • 1 month of Posted Image.
  • 2 RuneScape bonds for you or use however you wish. (To promote competition we require at least 4 submissions for this prize to be granted)
  • An underbanner made by a Multimedia and Design CL.
  • An archive of their victory on the Hall of Fame.
We hope you enjoy this event and decide to participate.

7cNTC8v.png

#2 Torreoria

Torreoria

UNC Official

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

How recent must the screenshot be? Can it be years old?

http://zt-rs.com fc: ZT Lobby SwiftIRC: #zt-lobby

#3 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

How recent must the screenshot be? Can it be years old?

Good question, have it taken within the time of the competition. It would give everyone equal ground to win. I'll add it to the topic.

7cNTC8v.png

#4 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

Goodluck everyone! Should be interesting to see who wins this.

WxF1MUm.gif

#5 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

So this time, I'm not making promises. Not really into editing, but I'll try finding a nice location! Does your character have to be in the screenshot?
Psst... the title seems a bit long. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ninjasteak, 01 September 2014 - 02:54 PM.

zHsjHb9.png?17UHJ5hb.png?17Y47EXz.png?1

Achievements, Questions, Marketplace Staff • Zchat Team • Zybeznet Team Leader

Global Forum Moderator

"Good things come to those who do not suck." - Ramuhitsuji

kRV29fz.png

#6 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

So this time, I'm not making promises. Not really into editing, but I'll try finding a nice location! Does your character have to be in the screenshot?
Psst... the title seems a bit long. :thumbsup:

Editing is optional, but yeah I'll allow edits like that. As long as it still looks like Runescape.

7cNTC8v.png

#7 Sector Six

Sector Six

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Remember guys there are two bonds up for grabs given we get four or more entries. :-D

Honored Member
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
ex AOTM/ASC Leader x ex Achievements Leader x ex Multimedia & Design Leader
Retired from all positions as of April 2016, want to chat or catch up? Feel free to PM me.

Posted Image

#8 The Corf

The Corf

The Corf has been quintupled!

• RS Name:The Corf

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

As dicussed on the voting topic, is it really the best idea to use RS screenshots? given the "many" submissions the last time this sort of competition was used?
No offense to any of the MM&D staff of course, just a thought. Maybe the bonds prize does sweeten up this very simple competition :) everyone do some submitting! :yes:
I'll see if i can't join in on the next one instead, given that i don't play Runescape while i'm in Greenland :cry:

#9 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

As dicussed on the voting topic, is it really the best idea to use RS screenshots? given the "many" submissions the last time this sort of competition was used?
No offense to any of the MM&D staff of course, just a thought. Maybe the bonds prize does sweeten up this very simple competition :) everyone do some submitting! :yes:
I'll see if i can't join in on the next one instead, given that i don't play Runescape while i'm in Greenland :cry:

The amount of people who submit screenshots is usually higher than any other medium because it's more accessible. And if I were to do a digital media competition it would not work because It's September, where everyone is starting school and time is tight. I'd much rather push the digital media to December where everyone is on break and has time to make something.

To be honest with you Digital Media has not had an amazing turnout in years, (Screenshots have usually been better submission wise, despite the last event) I want to change that by giving it the best time to succeed, yes pushing it off 3 months stinks, and I know people want it, so I am not sending it out to die in the September slot.

7cNTC8v.png

#10 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

Got a single submission so far, all the people who said they would likely submit have so far not done so.
If there is a major reason you are not submitting that has to do with the event, please comment so I can have proper feedback on it.

7cNTC8v.png

#11 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

I've been trying to find a nice landscape for a few days now to no avail. Better in my mind than in a picture. I was originally thinking of using HTML5, but there are some major graphic issues with it all. :-/

Edited by Ninjasteak, 10 September 2014 - 09:15 PM.

Global Forum Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#12 ♥ Peter ♥

♥ Peter ♥

P ete R

• RS Name:P ete R
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Goodluck to everyone participating, I'll see if I can get something good ^_^

Vitality Founder - The Rising since '09

#13 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Submissions end Monday, I'd like to see 2 more entries before then. If I know people are working on something and promise to submit I can extend it a little longer.

7cNTC8v.png

#14 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Submitted. :thumbsup:

Global Forum Moderator

kRV29fz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic