Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 08:14. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

What Happened To Imageshack?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rarez

Rarez

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

I know this is in the incorrect forum and you are probably wondering why I'm asking this if Imgshack is still online.

Imageshack used to be the reliable long term image hosting service up until recently. I noticed a lot of imgshack imgs that no longer load. Tinypic, photobucket, etc always delete the images after a certain bandwitdh is exceeded. Imgur is a fad that imo hasn't proven itself in the longterm..

:( Anyone know what happened? Did they just decide to purge

Edited by Rarez, 05 August 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Never forget.. chase your dreams

Runescape Classic Fact Sheet
Very interesting. 280000+ views, 900+ replies

#2 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

I know for most or all image hosting websites... whatever you upload is never permanently engraved, it can be deleted due to bandwidth or no viewership (within a set period of time). Maybe they do purges after set intervals of time? I'm not sure. I use Imgur as I don't need to sign up for it, everyone has their preferred site, and that's fine with me.

E. Quite possibly moving this to Technology, but I'll leave your thread here in the meantime.

ej7Gt3j.png?1J6DOj1k.png?17UHJ5hb.png?1 AGLrJYT.png?1ej7Gt3j.png?1

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#3 Kevin.

Kevin.

Make it count

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:King Bradley

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

I've always found Imageshack messy in my opinion. If I remember correctly, they delete your image if it exceeds a certain level of bandwidth (or for an extended period of time unless you're a paid user). It makes sense considering it's a free image site and well, bandwidth is expensive.

I haven't had any problems with Imgur since I started using it about 2 years ago. I use it even for uploading AoTM contest banners.

Anyway, moving this to Technology since it's better suited there; Questions & Money Making is focused primarily around RuneScape related issues.
Senior Moderator | Questions? Contact me.
The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe because its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.
Spoiler

#4 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 05 August 2014 - 3:31 PM

I have always found Imageshack to be a little dodgy It's gotten terrible with captchas and it's horrible interface. I use Imgur now because it's more user friendly and I never really had a problem with it. Photobucket I only use for things i want to keep for years.

Imgur is probably the best one right now, I trust it now because so many people use it and I never hear anyone complain about it.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#5 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 05 August 2014 - 4:46 PM

Imageshack became paid-only I believe. They initially removed all my images, of which many are posted on these boards, but apparently they have returned. Imgur is pretty reliable I guess.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#6 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 05 August 2014 - 5:56 PM

So when we mention Imgur... do we mean as a free or registered user? I've been simply uploading images without an account there, and all of my images since creation of my RSC account (when someone pointed me to image sharing websites) are still visible. No regrets or complaints, it's a decent hosting site overall. I would create an account on Imgur though - guess it never occurred to me. The images would still be public I assume?

Edited by Ninjasteak, 05 August 2014 - 5:57 PM.

ej7Gt3j.png?1J6DOj1k.png?17UHJ5hb.png?1 AGLrJYT.png?1ej7Gt3j.png?1

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#7 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 05 August 2014 - 6:10 PM

So when we mention Imgur... do we mean as a free or registered user?

Free, I mainly use it for one time image posts or rehosting.

Like I said above I use Photobucket for things I really want to archive. Like my art or images I want to look back on like video-game screenshots. I have stuff from 2005-6 in there still.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#8 DrunkMeul

DrunkMeul

Posted 06 August 2014 - 5:05 PM

domain got sold

Posted Image

#9 lubatbat

lubatbat

• RS Name:chire
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:waterfiends

Posted 08 August 2014 - 2:08 AM

i think the they have new owners now
Posted Image

#10 Ryan P J

Ryan P J

Posted 08 August 2014 - 2:29 AM

Alright, so someone explain this to me clearly, since I don't follow all the sites news.

A month or so ago, I think, I noticed my Awaken sig missing. It's been hosted on Imageshack for, I don't know, close to 10 years? I've been on the forums for the past couple of months, and my sig was working until about the past few weeks. I know it has had some views in the month or so I was active befoire it disappeared. So, is it forever gone? What happened? I can't find it on my computer and the artist is LOOOOOOOONG gone.

Posted Image
Pm me if you need assistance.
Msn changed recently. New one in profile.

#11 Devil

Devil

15+ Year RuneScape Veteran

• RS Name:Defilez
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

I don't know what you're talking about, imgur is pretty awesome. Try Gyazo, it's super easy to screencap and link. Example: http://i.gyazo.com/8...277d9667452.png

Back playing OSRS - RSN: j_pm

#12 Saxo

Saxo

• RS Name:Saxo

Posted 16 August 2014 - 4:13 PM

Meh I just use whatever doesn't have captchas tbh. Moved from Imageshack to tinypic and now to imgur. If Imgur gets captchas then it'll be minus or some other site.

Imgur is way more convienant aswell, just have to drag & drop the image on the browser page. No complaints about imgur from me.

Edited by Saxo, 16 August 2014 - 4:14 PM.

#13 blackrose804

blackrose804

• RS Status:Free

Posted 24 September 2014 - 4:34 AM

i use picasa to upload image

#14 Devil

Devil

15+ Year RuneScape Veteran

• RS Name:Defilez
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 25 September 2014 - 3:41 AM

Gyazo or Imgur is the way to go nowadays. Both of those websites have a program that let's you quickly take screenshots and have them uploaded/copied to the clipboard within seconds. I like imgur for pictures I'll be using in the future and Gyazo when I just want to take a quick screenshot to show somebody.

Imageshack was almost slow anyways. I don't think it had been good since like 2008. Imgur and Gyazo are leaps and bounds quicker and easier, and you don't have to worry about ever losing the service - imgur isn't going anywhere. They have tens of millions of hits a day thanks to Reddit.

Back playing OSRS - RSN: j_pm

#15 Guggu3d

Guggu3d

• RS Name:Guggu3d
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Skillzkillz

Posted 07 December 2014 - 6:46 PM

Great, it's not just me who has noticed this, it's horrible! :'(

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: