- Player Safety is important. Requiring an account and valid RS name lets us do more to stop scamming and luring.
- Reliability = good. Right now, there is no way to know whether an offer is real or if the player even exists unless that person has verified. About 10% of the names used on the price guide don't even exist--and there's no telling how many of the other 90% are real and actually intend to buy/sell. Fake offers are a waste of your time, and hurt our credibility.
- Abuse = bad. What's worse than fake offers are ones made with actual malicious intent. This could be anything from spamming a rival player, to actively manipulating prices by posting fake offers in others' names. Neither one is cool.
Since this is a major transition, we are giving an entire month's notice. We strongly encourage everyone to register and validate now, so that you aren't affected by the change. The process is quick and easy: You tell us your account name, we give you a code to post on the official RS forums to prove it's your account. The whole thing takes less than five minutes. When you're done you get a gold star next to your offers, and nobody else can use your name.
Validate Your Account
Any third-party apps that allow posting will have to support Zybez login and validated names in some way, or they will stop working March 15th.
As always, your feedback is welcome.