We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

OSRS Price Guide - Support And Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6944 replies to this topic

#41 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Been doing some cleaning up on the top most traded. There are a lot of trolls that ask for weird prices. Is there anyway you can issue warnings to Mods that a crazy price as been posted?

BotYT/SixaRS07 has been a problem.

Edited by Milktea4me, 09 March 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#42 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Been doing some cleaning up on the top most traded. There are a lot of trolls that ask for weird prices. Is there anyway you can issue warnings to Mods that a crazy price as been posted?

BotYT/SixaRS07 has been a problem.

Just post pictures of the manipulations here so No1 can get on them. :-P

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#43 BWF

BWF

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

When trying to get on to the 07 runescape price guide, i was greeted with a message containing the following: "You have angered the gods by your insolence." now i know that when i was using the guide i messed up by putting extra "0"s at the end of a "recent high" price and clicked enter only because my screen was frozen and then when it unfroze it added all the zeros and everything else i did when it was frozen. i also added more price checks to balance it back out to where it was rather than the high price it was at. all im asking is if there is anyway i can get access back to that page or not?

Edited by BWF, 09 March 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#44 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:lNo1
  • RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

When trying to get on to the 07 runescape price guide, i was greeted with a message containing the following: "You have angered the gods by your insolence." now i know that when i was using the guide i messed up by putting extra "0"s at the end of a "recent high" price and clicked enter only because my screen was frozen and then when it unfroze it added all the zeros and everything else i did when it was frozen. i also added more price checks to balance it back out to where it was rather than the high price it was at. all im asking is if there is anyway i can get access back to that page or not?

You should have access again. In the future, please don't try to fix it yourself--post the mistake here and one of us will take care of it for you. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to mess it up further.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#45 StevnHimself

StevnHimself

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think I have awkwardly enough misunderstood this simple interface :S

In the bar "Update this item's" price I for some reason thought that I could update my sell price on "Saradomin robe".

Now the suggested trade price is lower than everyone elses selling price, I can't find a way to remove this, could someone with authourity please to this for me, I feel bad for unintentionally manipulating the price of an item.

#46 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Done, thanks for reporting it.

Matchu

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
The river always finds the sea, so helplessly, like you find me.

#47 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

http://forums.zybez....9-whichcheekm8/

This guy posted a number of 1gp price updates on some of the most traded items. I removed them (I think) but I'm guessing it needs looking into.

A2xdnTr.png

PMBQx20.png

0WpuFUR.png

HiPpIuB.png

#48 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

http://forums.zybez....9-whichcheekm8/

This guy posted a number of 1gp price updates on some of the most traded items. I removed them (I think) but I'm guessing it needs looking into.

Thanks.

#49 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Happiness is ephemeral, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

in all seriousness, would it be possible to implement a price comparison feature? as in compare the prices between two pieces of equipment (i.e. dragon chainbody vs. torag's platebody). also: in regard to prices, have you considered displaying what the store price is for items that can be bought from a shop that sells that item? often times, you can get a good deal from a player, but in rare cases, having the shop price might be a good indicator on what to sell for or what to buy around.

Edited by TS Togusa, 10 March 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#50 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Might I suggest a limit on how often you can update item's prices? It doesn't have to be a large limit, maybe just 1-2 minutes to avoid spam & discourage people from updating multiple prices in a short time period with the intent of manipulation.

Also, has there been any thought given to this?

Might I suggest some sort of limit on how much you can increase an item's price, similar to how the Grand Exchange market value of an item will only increase by something like 5% max per day.
Of course, I wouldn't recommend 5% since the economy is still in it's infantile stages, running the risk of not spending too long thinking about this, you could try something like you can't increase an item's price by more then double it's current price - with some exceptions, like very cheap items such as logs which could go from 10-100 Gp.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#51 Jupe1990

Jupe1990

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

TieMeUpBaby has had some problems with this site also:

Posted Image

Those all are done by trolls, TieMeUpBaby is not using this site to sell stuff therefore other ppl have done that to troll him and make ppl spam his in game chat. Anyway to fix this? (Im posting this for him as he is not using Zybez apperantly :P)
And by fixing it I mean is there anyway to make it permanently so that no one could use his name to sell/buy stuff? Anything helps at this point though.

Edited by Jupe1990, 10 March 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

#52 AImostSven

AImostSven

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

search karil's crossbow the page got stinked up by some people that are impersonating B0aty & dogdogmax

#53 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I've deleted all of the offers but forgot to ban the IP behind it all so you might have to wait for No1. :XD:

search karil's crossbow the page got stinked up by some people that are impersonating B0aty & dogdogmax

Done.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#54 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

in all seriousness, would it be possible to implement a price comparison feature? as in compare the prices between two pieces of equipment (i.e. dragon chainbody vs. torag's platebody). also: in regard to prices, have you considered displaying what the store price is for items that can be bought from a shop that sells that item? often times, you can get a good deal from a player, but in rare cases, having the shop price might be a good indicator on what to sell for or what to buy around.

Possible, yes; likely, no. There would be a lot of data and interfaces involved with those, and it would more likely clutter it up than provide great benefit.

Might I suggest a limit on how often you can update item's prices? It doesn't have to be a large limit, maybe just 1-2 minutes to avoid spam & discourage people from updating multiple prices in a short time period with the intent of manipulation.

Also, has there been any thought given to this?

Might I suggest some sort of limit on how much you can increase an item's price, similar to how the Grand Exchange market value of an item will only increase by something like 5% max per day.
Of course, I wouldn't recommend 5% since the economy is still in it's infantile stages, running the risk of not spending too long thinking about this, you could try something like you can't increase an item's price by more then double it's current price - with some exceptions, like very cheap items such as logs which could go from 10-100 Gp.

There already is a limit. It is high enough to avoid impacting legitimate users. We will probably be tweaking this as time goes on. As for price range: Possible, but any value we chose would probably be too limiting.

TieMeUpBaby has had some problems with this site also:

Those all are done by trolls, TieMeUpBaby is not using this site to sell stuff therefore other ppl have done that to troll him and make ppl spam his in game chat. Anyway to fix this? (Im posting this for him as he is not using Zybez apperantly :P)
And by fixing it I mean is there anyway to make it permanently so that no one could use his name to sell/buy stuff? Anything helps at this point though.

Handled, thank you. Both of the people responsible are now banned.

I don't see any offers with the name dogdogmax, but I handled the other.

#55 Jupe1990

Jupe1990

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thanks guys! Is there any possibility to like blacklist the name "TieMeUpBaby" so no one would be able to post offers with his name?
Posted Image

#56 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

...Maybe. I will look into adding some feature of that sort and add his name if we do.

#57 Slam550

Slam550

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

On the OSRS Price guide someone keeps using my name Slam550 saying that I am selling a large amount of mithril bars for 900-950gp well below the actual price of them.Can you please delete these threads as I am getting quite a few PM's when I log on asking for mitril bars.

#58 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

On the OSRS Price guide someone keeps using my name Slam550 saying that I am selling a large amount of mithril bars for 900-950gp well below the actual price of them.Can you please delete these threads as I am getting quite a few PM's when I log on asking for mitril bars.

Done. Thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience.

#59 1D4GON

1D4GON

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

i screwed up raw trout plz fix it it should be 24gp but my 0 got stuck and yea srry:(

#60 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

i screwed up raw trout plz fix it it should be 24gp but my 0 got stuck and yea srry:(

No problem. I removed all of the ones you put there. Thanks for the notice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: