6944 replies to this topic

#21 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Flax:

Posted Image
Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#22 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:lNo1
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 02 March 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Flax:
Thanks, handled.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#23 Jim

Jim

I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Sir Faxe
halvock
tool234

Edited by Jim, 03 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Sofox

Sofox

Just Keep Hitting It

• RS Name:Yo Face Nate

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostNo1, on 28 February 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

View Postspoonheb, on 28 February 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

View PostNo1, on 28 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

That is indeed a problem, but how can we address it? I'm not sure we can make it any clearer than it is, short of adding smart validation:

Well, I'm not sure what screen settings you're using but when I have the offer input box it looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/KAgict3.png...

The ea is on a different line then the quantity and price, which some people probably don't notice. I know I didn't for awhile.

Ah. Browser bug, should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't; I'm not sure what browser you use.

View PostKerkennah, on 28 February 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

This guy posted buying yews for a high price

http://i.imgur.com/YRTbYMy.png

He also was selling bow string for a low price, but I didn't ask about that, but still a troll

I'll handle it. Thanks.

I fixed the price algorithm to range correctly... it should give better high/low/average numbers now for active items.

Still breaking to the next line for me. Using firefox on windows 8. Just add some more width to the div..?

Down for getting dark 'cause the dark gets me 

and all the other lovers make it so heavy.

Takes a little emptiness to feel complete 

when crowds come ever-thicker and liquor it comes free.

#25 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

http://forums.zybez....e-guide?id=1904

Zezima and Mod Mark are in fact, not selling whips for max cash.

E: It seems like a lot of people are putting in incredibly high prices, maybe there is some way to set a limit on items?

Edited by spoonheb, 07 March 2013 - 08:51 PM.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#26 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

yeah with the setting prices, i dont think that that works as well as intended, since everybody and just enter random values, maybe the price should just be based on offers for buying and selling, making an average of all the currently active offers.

#27 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostJaddy, on 08 March 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

yeah with the setting prices, i dont think that that works as well as intended, since everybody and just enter random values, maybe the price should just be based on offers for buying and selling, making an average of all the currently active offers.
It's crossed my mind, but there are consequences of such a change. Maybe.

#28 Ramu

Ramu

Andy is a fishy pumpkin

• RS Name:Ramu

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Then that would prevent people like me who don't play 07, but don't mind sitting in a price fc, from updating things.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#29 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostRamu, on 08 March 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Then that would prevent people like me who don't play 07, but don't mind sitting in a price fc, from updating things.

Might I suggest some sort of limit on how much you can increase an item's price, similar to how the Grand Exchange market value of an item will only increase by something like 5% max per day.
Of course, I wouldn't recommend 5% since the economy is still in it's infantile stages, running the risk of not spending too long thinking about this, you could try something like you can't increase an item's price by more then double it's current price - with some exceptions, like very cheap items such as logs which could go from 10-100 Gp.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#30 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

I don't think that'd work, as values are always changing you can't expect people to come back and update their offers as soon as they get wind of them. Not only might this site not be a priority, but they might not even be interested in the said trade anymore by that point. And of course as Ramu pointed out - others who're more aware of the margins aren't going to want to pretend that they're buying/selling stuff for the sake of changing anything, so those items which aren't traded as much will stay outdated for a long time.
Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#31 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

i want to congratulate you on this free publicity:

#32 Pescao6

Pescao6

Clan Leader

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

http://forums.zybez....ls?name=Pescao6

Posted Image

Please block my name. I have not posted any of these offers, I don't plan to use this tool and apparently someone thinks it's funny to use my name to post fake offers.

Edited by Pescao6, 08 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostPescao6, on 08 March 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Deleted.
Mew%20Lp.png

#34 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

I've noticed a lot of fake offers today on rune items like plates and legs (pretty sure it was one person posting these). Things like selling 20 for 15k each. I contacted a couple of the people whose names were used in game and they complained that over 150 people had pm'd them and they had no idea why. I understand that limiting the amount of people using the tool wouldn't be the best idea for the site but I don't think a tool being abused is good either. Something needs to be changed to combat this issue. Maybe a report function or something to alert people who have access to remove offers and fake prices might make the tool a little more functional. Right now we'd have to randomly stumble upon fake offers or hope that someone posts here to point them out.

Spoiler

Edited by Wee Man, 08 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

A2xdnTr.png

PMBQx20.png

0WpuFUR.png

HiPpIuB.png

#35 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostWee Man, on 08 March 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I've noticed a lot of fake offers today on rune items like plates and legs (pretty sure it was one person posting these). Things like selling 20 for 15k each. I contacted a couple of the people whose names were used in game and they complained that over 150 people had pm'd them and they had no idea why. I understand that limiting the amount of people using the tool wouldn't be the best idea for the site but I don't think a tool being abused is good either. Something needs to be changed to combat this issue. Maybe a report function or something to alert people who have access to remove offers and fake prices might make the tool a little more functional. Right now we'd have to randomly stumble upon fake offers or hope that someone posts here to point them out.

I'll consider our options, but all of those were the work of one person who is now banned. (I also removed all of the entries--most likely far too late, though.)

#36 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Happiness is ephemeral, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

would it be possible to implement a price comparison feature? as in compare the prices between two pieces of equipment (i.e. dragon chainbody vs. torag's platebody)

also: in regard to prices, have you considered displaying what the store price is for items that can be bought from a shop that sells that item? often times, you can get a good deal from a player, but in rare cases, having the shop price might be a good indicator on what to sell for or what to buy around.

#37 Jolly Rosa

Jolly Rosa

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

http://forums.zybez....lly Rosa (pm me)

http://img9.imagesha...47/22191822.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Somebody has been using my name, been getting PMs all day and I've not been using this at all. Any chance of a block on this account?

#38 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostJolly Rosa, on 09 March 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

http://forums.zybez....lly Rosa (pm me)

http://img9.imagesha...47/22191822.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Somebody has been using my name, been getting PMs all day and I've not been using this at all. Any chance of a block on this account?

Done. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#39 AlltaSA

AlltaSA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Any chance of adding teleport tabs to the database? They definitely exist and buying and selling them consistently on the RSoF is difficult/annoying at times.

#40 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostAlltaSA, on 09 March 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Any chance of adding teleport tabs to the database? They definitely exist and buying and selling them consistently on the RSoF is difficult/annoying at times.
We can look into that, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: