[Osrs] Is The Orion Client Safe?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Doopy

Doopy

• RS Name:Doopster
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

I've heard a J-Mod say it is legal to use, but is it safe?

#2 Black

Black

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

It seems to be but if you wana be on the safer side it is open source so you could compile it your self.

Posted Image

#3 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Founder

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

I was told that the first version has a few issues and was a little sketchy. I still gave it a try. Haven't used it since I heard of it's issues. Apparently the guy that went around helping in the mass banning of botters helped to script it and they made it a closed source now so.. just really sketchy in my opinion. He's also PMed some of my members telling them he know they are botting and such, people who have used Orion so.. not sure how he knows but in my opinion, he has some crap on the program.

Personally don't trust it at all.

Edited by Cera S6, 09 August 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Founder
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Founder (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image

#4 Black

Black

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostCera S6, on 09 August 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

I was told that the first version has a few issues and was a little sketchy. I still gave it a try. Haven't used it since I heard of it's issues. Apparently the guy that went around helping in the mass banning of botters helped to script it and they made it a closed source now so.. just really sketchy in my opinion. He's also PMed some of my members telling them he know they are botting and such, people who have used Orion so.. not sure how he knows but in my opinion, he has some crap on the program.

You gotta use your RSbudy account to log in so maybe he saw they had purchased scripts in the past or somthing? idk but thanks for this insight i may just stay away from it.

Edited by Blackenese, 10 August 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Manny

Manny

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Collision

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

I wouldn't recommend you use it. As Cera said, I personally don't trust it.

Leader of Collision

#6 Cera S6

Cera S6

Violent Resolution Founder

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostBlackenese, on 10 August 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostCera S6, on 09 August 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

You gotta use your RSbudy account to log in so maybe he saw they had purchased scripts in the past or somthing? idk but thanks for this insight i may just stay away from it.
It's possible but I'm pretty sure they were using different botting clients and he was finding out when they were botting recently like he had something on their computer.

Just very sketchy. Programmers in VR weren't too sure how he was doing it. He seems to be a pretty smart guy.

Mike|Cera_S6 - Violent Resolution Founder
Posted Image
P2P Teams: Overwhelming Threat Member (06) | Infamous PKers Member (09) | Border Patrol Member (09) | Genocide Member (10) | Frozen Fury Warlord (11 - 13)
F2P Teams: Noobs Inc Member (06) | Team X Warlord (09) | Northern Kings Warlord (12) | Evolution Warlord (12) | Octane Member (12)
Clans: Fear Member (04) | THE Futures Member (05) | Awaken Officer (05/06) | Violent Resolution Founder (06 - Present)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Community Leader of General Discussion, Clan Discussion, Clan Fights & Events and United Nations - Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns Posted Image
Posted Image | Posted Image

#7 Scuba

Scuba

• RS Name:Tresorr
  • Clan:None

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

As far as I know it's safe. Everyone here is right to be cautious, but this is what I've found when I did some research on it; Basically, RSBuddy used to be a botting client, but after coming under some fire from Jagex, the owners decided (or were forced) to help Jagex find and ban tons of botters, and one of the developers was hired at Jagex to help combat botting. Him and few others turned RSBuddy into a legal client to use as an add on, similar to Swiftkit. They developed Orion as an 07 client, and changed from open-source to closed-source for version 2 because they apparently have some sort of deal with Jagex which requires it to be closed-source. (This is where my research ended, so if someone knows more information on this, that would be great.)
Most of this information I found on their forums and other random places such as reddit, so if someone has confirmation on any of this please speak up.

Edited by Scuba, 10 August 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

#8 BrainiacOutcast

BrainiacOutcast

the FoG life chose me

• RS Name:Brain Ou

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

I wouldn't recommend going with anything closed-sourced unless it's directly from Jagex.

Edited by BrainiacOutcast, 10 August 2013 - 10:17 AM.

Posted Image

Add me on League of Legends (NA/EUW) and Steam:
"BrainiacOutcast"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: