Answered

Barrows Slayer Dart Setup?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tankage

Tankage

Back to 2007 | Going for maxed barrows pure.

• RS Name:RyanM8
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

So I want to know what's the most effective gear and inventory setup for barrows using the slayer dart?

My stats are: 70/93/70/81 magic/63 ranged/52 pray/83 hp.

Also gonna be using Kharyll portal (PoH).

Edited by Tankage, 25 June 2013 - 10:04 AM.

RS3/2007 Player.

#2 RobeIink.

RobeIink.

E Pluribus Unum.

• RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Hell Army

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

with your magic level I would just use mage, any spell like the fire blast.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#3 Tankage

Tankage

Back to 2007 | Going for maxed barrows pure.

• RS Name:RyanM8
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostRobeIink., on 25 June 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Full mystic?

RS3/2007 Player.

#4 RobeIink.

RobeIink.

E Pluribus Unum.

• RS Status:Inactive
  • Clan:Hell Army

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostTankage, on 25 June 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostRobeIink., on 25 June 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Full mystic?

ye, just use a different style to kill the ahrim

Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 Razrclam

Razrclam

Jack of all trades, master of none

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

From my understanding slayer dart isn't affected by mage bonus as much other spells are; that and most of the brothers (with the exception of ahrim and karil) are horribly weak to magic.
As far as what is most effective, definitely full guthans, barrows gloves, god cape, a fury and some sort of boots that raise magic.  With the guthans you can heal yourself so you have the ability to make a few runs per trip (yes, you'll be maging wearing full guthans, I know it sounds counter-intuitive).
In your case, bring full red d'hide and a somewhat decent bow for Ahrim, you'll have a guth spear in your inv, enough runes for a fair amount of slayer dart casts (you get the required runes for this spell from the chest too, so it recycles a bit), a spade (obviously), home tele (also obvious), a lot of ppots (4), and a few sharks just in case.  This setup worked for me pretty well, best of luck mate!
EDIT:  I forgot to mention what to put in the shield spot, sorry.  Guth Spear is a 2h weapon, so you won't need an offhand for melee, but I either use a zammy book or a mage's book.

Edited by Razrclam, 25 June 2013 - 03:34 PM.

[Insert inspirational phrase here]

[insert photo achievement here]

#6 riggle23

riggle23

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostRazrclam, on 25 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

From my understanding slayer dart isn't affected by mage bonus as much other spells are; that and most of the brothers (with the exception of ahrim and karil) are horribly weak to magic.
As far as what is most effective, definitely full guthans, barrows gloves, god cape, a fury and some sort of boots that raise magic.  With the guthans you can heal yourself so you have the ability to make a few runs per trip (yes, you'll be maging wearing full guthans, I know it sounds counter-intuitive)

Slayer dart is and always has been affected by your magic bonus. This rumour was rampant for many years with barrows because it was by far the most popular and efficient method of maging. Five of the six barrows brothers are extremely weak to magic with the exclusion of ahrims. This includes karils even though he wears range armor, his magic defense is better than the melee brothers because of his armor but he is still easy to mage.

Barrows was my main money maker for several years on my original account, this is how I did it.  First, don't waste your time with mystic. With the brothers horrible magic defense you'll just be wasting food and inventory space. I wore guthans with a slayer staff and a good shield(granite, rune kite, etc) with my guthans spear in my inventory.  Take a good special weapon for karils, you want to kill him as quickly as possible because he is very accurate, a dds was the usual. For ahrims I would take your best d'hide body and chaps along with your best bow plus some rune arrows. Your inventory will very quite a bit based on your levels. Depending on your armor and levels you may get by using next to no prayer or you may have to use prayer on nearly every brother. Your goal will be to make it to the tunnels on as few supplies as possible where you'll use your guthans to heal on the creatures in the tunnel.

Edited by riggle23, 27 June 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#7 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

• RS Name:None
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Mystic robes seem fine for the brothers that are weak against magic dart.. such a high magic attack bonus doesn't matter when using slayer dart tbh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: