• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

The Suggestions team are always hard at work, and I'm sure you are aware of our 'The' Suggestions Competition and The Hall of Fame. But this time, we have delved deep into our boards history and discovered some suggestions made by our members that have very closely been implemented into the game as we now know it. This topic will act as an archived home for them if, for one reason or another, they have not met the requirements to be moved into the Hall of Fame outright. We're not saying that Jagex took these suggestions exactly how they are, however this following crop bare a very strong resemblance to some of the more recent updates. The purpose of this sticky is to enlighten everyone on the great ideas that have surfaced from Zybez, the Runescape Community, and without further ado, please welcome the following suggestions into this prestigious topic:

Dragonhide Shields. by TyroneThePro*. Suggested on the 9th of February 2009 - implemented on the 20th of November 2012
This is a suggestion to bring about dragon hide shields, a defensive slot item that would give range bonuses as well as giving the wielder a little defence bonus. These shields however required nails and logs to make, as opposed to the current method of straight dragonhides.

Name Titles. by Tuna. Suggested on the 16th of April 2009 - implemented on the 29th of June 2011
A simple suggestion that was not fully fleshed out, but the idea is there. Tuna suggested that a player should gain different titles before their name based on the levels they have achieved. This idea had not been explored by Jagex until the loyalty shop was introduced, and players could purchase their own titles. Now, titles are common place in Runescape, being awarded for minigame and quest completion among others.

Runescape Points. by Funerary. Suggested on the 24th of February 2009 - implemented on the 28th of June 2011
Basically this is a Solomon's Store concept that we have all grown to love :innocent: . He used the suggestion as a way to change ones username, and was met with some stiff competition against the idea. However, we now know that the majority of players have changed their name at some point, making this something that has indeed been implemented into the game.

Rune-Lympics. by maitias. Suggested on the 1st of December 2008 - implemented on the 24th of July 2012
Remember the Gielinor Games update that came out to co-inside with the 2012 London Olympic games? Well this is an early concept of that. As opposed to a group of minigames, maitias suggested that this be a quest. The tasks involved in the quest however, bare a resemblance to the mining and agility events.

New Armours/Weapons Needed New Levels for Skills. by Fruey Fru. Suggested on the 20th of August 2008 - implemented on the 20th of November 2012
This was a suggestion way ahead of its time, Fruey Fru's idea was to make all weapons and armours into classes so everything was more equal. Almost 4 years after suggesting this, the EoC implemented this, and it is how the game is now played.

Flibbergibbet. by Five Aces. Suggested on the 6th of May 2008 - implemented on the 8th of February 2010
The main suggestion was for fire arrows, and a way to make them viable within the game, however another gem that came out of this suggestion was the idea for a Frost Wyrm, which is very similar to the Ice Strykewyrm. Five Aces also says that the monster would have melee and mage attacks, which is exactly how the Ice Strykewyrm attacks today!

Dungeon Based Minigame. by Lord Winged. Suggested on the 26th of May 2009 - implemented on the 12th of April 2010
An update that would bring about dungeons that are instanced with easy, medium and hard levels. Doors don't open until all guardian monsters are killed and you'd have to fight a boss monster at the end of the dungeon. Ring a bell anyone? It should, this is an early concept of the skill Dungeoneering!

This is an ongoing project, the staff will be adding more suggestions to the sticky as we find them. Indeed we invite all of you to help as well! If you spot anything that you think we've overlooked - please post saying so on this thread!

Posted Image

#2 Evf

Evf

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Even though these are all basically EoC-related, I still would find this as an achievement as to have suggestions noticed and implemented by Jagex.

A small clap for all these people :thumbsup:

Edited by Evf, 16 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#3 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• RS Name:Cypherex
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostEvf, on 16 June 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Even though these are all basically EoC-related
I'm not sure what you mean by this. OSRS has, at least so far, not had any new content, so it would not be possible to have an OSRS suggestion listed here. If you mean these suggestions only came into the game because of the EoC, well that only applies to 2 of them. The other 5 were put into the game well before EoC was.

Posted Image

#4 Evf

Evf

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostCypher, on 16 June 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

View PostEvf, on 16 June 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Even though these are all basically EoC-related
I'm not sure what you mean by this. OSRS has, at least so far, not had any new content, so it would not be possible to have an OSRS suggestion listed here. If you mean these suggestions only came into the game because of the EoC, well that only applies to 2 of them. The other 5 were put into the game well before EoC was.

I noticed my error, thanks.

#5 Velits

Velits

Awesome~!

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:less
  • Team:Awesome

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

A well deserved mention for all of those. One or another way they might have contributed to the ingame updates :-) You can be proud! :yes:

#6 Ace

Ace

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Either those people are jagex in disguise, or they're psychics or quite possibly Jagex actually looked at player suggestions and ideas and implemented some of them. Probably not the last one though.

Edited by Vincey, 17 June 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#7 Out Of Ctrl

Out Of Ctrl

Only the fox god knows

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

It's good to know that sometimes Jagex do listen to the players. Hopefully they continue to do so in the future.

Posted Image

Vendetta - Don't Panic

#Violent _Intention

#8 Aflstar

Aflstar

• RS Name:Aflstar
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostOut Of Ctrl, on 18 June 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

It's good to know that sometimes Jagex do listen to the players. Hopefully they continue to do so in the future.

Just to clarify, in no way are we saying that Jagex HAVE looked at these suggestions, but some of them have an uncanny resemblance. We too are very proud of everyone who has a topic that has made it into this sticky, as it shows a real ingenious side to our members.

Posted Image

#9 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

Elite

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

I guess this shows that members really want to help Jagex make this into a game that they will like. Hopefully Jagex will take a look at this for us.

#10 Bactine

Bactine

Glorious Pandemonium

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

thats really cool :#

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

This really does give me goose bumps, haha. Still buzzing to see if my Castle Bores idea ever makes it into the game. Without a doubt it is the only way to revive that particular minigame. B-) Thanks for going to the effort of putting this together, anyway, Afl. :-D I hope this list continues to grow for the future.
Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#12 Pker Ownage

Pker Ownage

• RS Name:Retired
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Good job you guys!

Pker Ownage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Elfy of TR

Elfy of TR

King of Elves

• RS Name:0f
  • Clan:The Rising

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Great and Positive mentions here, good job.

The Rising Forums | #The_Rising @ Swiftirc

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Elfy

Elfy

King of Elves

• RS Name:0f
  • Clan:Damage Inc

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

Great and Positive mentions here, good job.

| RSN:0f | Damage Inc: --| CMB:126 |

"We don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Proud Member of RSC forums since 2007.

#15 Figment

Figment

The Loyal.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

pretty neat

Currently Council in Ruin on my main Figtorious
Currently Council in Misfits on my pure Mayhem rekaM.

ex- KILLORGY - Member - QUIT GAME
ex- Mayhem Makers - Member - ENDED
ex- Pures Last Stand - Member - ENDED
ex- Conviction - Proud Member - ENDED
ex- Hazard - Member - ENDED
ex- Vendetta Pure clan - Council - ENDED
ex- Remedy - Elite - LEFT

ex- Ruin- Senior - ENDED
98gIxNE.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: