Answered

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ok, so I just need to blur out a few things on Sony Vegas Pro.

I've watched multiple guides on YouTube.

I've duplicated the track.
I've been able to create the mask with the anchor creation tool, and move it around. (Right after this I hit start and I want to blur my name.)
Posted Image

But whenever I drag the effect I want onto the clip (like the guides say) it just blurs the whole screen, not the selected area.

Posted Image

Also, is there an easier video editor which still has a good amount of effects and tools for PC?
iMovie may be bad, but at least when you want to add an effect it's more of a 'point-and-shoot' style, instead of multiple steps just to create one effect.

Edited by spoonheb, 01 May 2013 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#2 Magick

Magick

outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Are you using the correct type of Blur? Different ones can be manipulated differently.

I used to do it a different way. I duplicated the tracks, changed the composition mode on the top one to 'add' [I think, go through all of them if it doesn't work], used 'cookie cutter' to focus on the part I want blurred [on the top one], then applied the a blur to the top track. That leaves the second track untouched as the main one, and the top one with all the stuff done to it.

Edited by Magick, 29 April 2013 - 12:10 PM.

Posted Image

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostMagick, on 29 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Are you using the correct type of Blur? Different ones can be manipulated differently.

I used to do it a different way. I duplicated the tracks, changed the composition mode

It was the same blur used in the tutorial.

Please bear with me, there are hundreds of buttons. Where do I change the composition mode?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 ibro

ibro

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sometimes 1 little setting messes everything up. Make sure you have it exactly like the guides do

Posted Image

Spoiler

#5 Magick

Magick

outrageous

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

It is on the track box in front of the timeline for each track.

Link me the tutorials you are using and I will try it out.

Posted Image

#6 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostMagick, on 30 April 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Link me the tutorials you are using and I will try it out.

I just searched it up on YouTube and used 2 from the first page.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Magick

Magick

outrageous

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

The change of composition mode was not required [but I pointed it out for you on the image], see how I blurred this woman's face: http://i.imgur.com/mXzyCjA.png

If you duplicated the tracks, and both of their composition modes are set to 'source alpha' then the bottom image is not going to affect what is shown at all [unless the top is manipulated as in my image]. You can try playing around with the composition mode of the the top track, if you change it to 'add' then both the top and bottom tracks will be shown. This results in a very bright view, but you can just lower the opacity and see if that helps. I have never done it via masking, so I honestly do not know what the problem is.

e: I know what the problem is. Because you duplicated the tracks, the blur you applied to the top also applied to the bottom one. Just remove the blur from the bottom track.

^

Edited by Magick, 30 April 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Posted Image

#8 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

Wasn't sure how to remove the effect, so I trimmed the start off (before I wanted the effect to take place) the first clip and it looks like it's working now.
I'm going to render & watch it over to make sure it blurred everything I wanted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Ry an

Ry an

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Was gonna suggest that the blur effect might've been duplicated too but it seems as if I was beaten to it :d. Glad to hear it's working.

| #vr | #frozen_fury |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: