#1 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Runescape

1-99 Thieving Guide

By Paralyzerr

Posted Image

================================================

Welcome to my 1-99 Thieving guide! This guide will teach you how to get to 99 Thieving using the quickest and most up to date methods. Thieving is known as one of the easiest skills to achieve 99 in, but it also requires a lot of patience.

Tips

As you may know, you can take damage whilst training Thieving. For the beginning levels of this guide, you will literally be taking only one damage per failed pickpocket. As such, i would recommend wearing your best armor  For instance, on a maxed account, i would wear Ganodermic or Torva. If i was a skiller, i would wear Bronze armor. You will also NEED to complete the Buyers And Cellars quest to finish the beginning parts of this guide, along with some other quests and subquests.

Training

Odds are, this is what you wanted to see right away. Well, here it is.

Levels 1-35

Posted Image

Pickpocketing Volunteer

Thieving Guild

XP/h: Varies

The best part about the Pickpocket volunteers is that as your level raises, so does the XP you get from these. So in theory, you could train on these somewhat efficiently all the way to 99! However, that is not the most efficient.

==================================================

35-50

Posted Image

Advanced Chest/Door Picking

Thieves Guild

XP/h: 60-100k

There is a lot of technique involved in getting the most XP out of this. Here is a step by step guide on how to get the most XP out of picking advanced Chests/Doors.

1: Open all of the doors and only the chests with round tops.

2: Switch worlds. If you have two friends online on different worlds, you can "join" their world, skipping the wait time.

3: If when you go back the first world after opening all the doors in chests in both worlds and the doors and chests still have not closed yet, pickpocket volunteers so you can keep up a continuous XP rate.

50-65

Posted Image

Coshing Volunteer

Thieving Guild

XP/h: Varies

These, again, have higher XP rates as your level increases. These actually are a decent method to 95, from which Monkey Knife Fighters become an option, but not the best. Make sure you get a Rubber Blackjack from Dodgy Derek in the Thieves Guild for one GP. You must also have completed the Blackjack part of "The Feud", which is a quest and two capers for Guildmaster Darren Lightfinger.. YOU CANNON USE ANY KIND OF BLACKJACK EXCEPT FOR THE RUBBER BLACKJACK!

65-95

Posted Image

Menaphite Thugs

Pollniveach

XP/h: 235k

To loot from Menaphite Thugs you will need to have completed two quests and two subquests. The quests are: Buyers and Cellars and The Feud. The subquests are Tiny Acorns, a subquest from Buyers and Cellars, and Rouge Traders from The Feud. Because of the quest requirement "The Feud", which requires killing a level 78 Bandit Champion and Tough guy, this method is unavailable to skillers. Skillers should continue Coshing Volunteers all the way to 99.

95-99

Posted Image

Monkey Knife Fighter

Ape Atoll

XP/h: 300k

These are the fastest XP to 99, but it can become quite tedious. You will also have to have completed Monkey Madness and Do No Evil, making this method unavailable to skillers. Skillers should go back to Coshing Volunteers. If you find looting these to be the most boring thing in the world, you can try Pyramid Plunder, which is more fun, but less XP. I stayed at these because you can get a Dragon Scimitar from them, along with a lot of Rune Scimitars.. I made 2mil+ on my quest to 99 from 95. Do keep in mind you NEED a Gorilla Greegree to do this. If you do not know how to make one, it is the same as making a monkey Greegree, but with the bones of a Monkey Guard.

===================================================

Thank you for reading my guide. It took me around 3-4 days of playing time to achieve 99 Thieving, but it took a lot of concentration and patience. I wish you luck on your quest for 99 Thieving!

Edited by Paralyzerr, 27 April 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#2 VVolf359

VVolf359

• RS Name:VVolf 359
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Nice guide. :-)

#3 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostVVolf359, on 27 April 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Nice guide. :-)

#4 Naduss

Naduss

Runescaper

• RS Name:Fluzzrs

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

nice guide, will be using.

#5 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postfluzzrs, on 27 April 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

nice guide, will be using.
Hope it works very well for you!

#6 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Also, if you want me to to make a guide for a certain skill, say it!

#7 Escan

Escan

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

You should cover other ways (PP, Dwarf traders, etc) and maybe add more details of current content, otherwise nice guide, pretty straight to the point.

#8 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostEscan, on 29 April 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

You should cover other ways (PP, Dwarf traders, etc) and maybe add more details of current content, otherwise nice guide, pretty straight to the point.
Thanks! Ill keep those suggestions in mind! Just on a side note, not really related to anything, Master Farmers have become completely useless.

#9 Zogre_Bones

Zogre_Bones

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Very helpful. Thanks!
Posted Image

#10 FamousTroll

FamousTroll

• RS Name:famoustr0ll

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Simple and straight to the point. Very nice! :-D
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...r/FamousTrollTV
Blog: http://famoustroll.blogspot.com

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

~Wayne Gretzky~

#11 SmokinSixties

SmokinSixties

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

More straight foward guides like this need to be made as anyone thats looking for "the easiest way to train a skill" is more than likely going to want the easiest to follow guide. Nice work!

#12 Slaywulf21

Slaywulf21

Death By Commando

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Nice guide will be using it shortly!

View PostSmokinSixties, on 10 May 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

More straight foward guides like this need to be made as anyone thats looking for "the easiest way to train a skill" is more than likely going to want the easiest to follow guide. Nice work!
and definitely agree!!!

Edited by Slaywulf21, 24 November 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Jay

Jay

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostSlaywulf21, on 24 November 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

This thread has been inactive for going on 7 months now, don't bump it up :-P

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: