We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Osrs Money Making Tips

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 zL skiller

zL skiller

• RS Name:zL farming
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:zL

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

I have quite a few money making guides. so I shall list them below.
1. chop yews with dragon axe (if want faster) at 98 wc or 99 as it goes fast plus 480 gp each at the moment although at 60 its a slow but ok rate
2. do clue scrolls (harder the better loot)
3. identify herbs with 1 herblore (all herbs) by talking to someone in the desert called zahur. its 200 gp per herb to do but you make more profit anyways.
these are some money making things thanks for looking - zL
Ingame name is "kilns friend"

#42 LikeHer

LikeHer

• RS Name:Daniel Ryan

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Do any of theses methods work anymore?

Becky <3

RS: Like Her

<3

#43 TeknikEnzo

TeknikEnzo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

I'm wondering the same thing.
I just had to sell my DDS to train ranged, really wish I didn't have to. Don't know how I'm ever gonna make 2.5m+ for zammy book lol.

#44 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Most methods should still work, things like chopping yews, making cannonballs, doing clue scrolls, etc. always have been and always will be profitable. The only bits that may have changed are the Gp/Hr rates.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#45 Vaikiss

Vaikiss

• RS Name:Grind_master
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

kill chaos druids/flesh crawlers/abberant spectres

sell ranarrs 10k each

mega profit

#46 mega jaguar2

mega jaguar2

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

i made my first 300k by mining iron ore,yes it is boring but it sells then i started to train fishing to afk fish lobbys that how i made my first 1.5m i think.
then just level up your combat,get full void and start doing slayer and clue scrolls now i have 6m+ =)

#47 XtiBrad

XtiBrad

• RS Name:XtiBrad

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

As of 12/Nov/2013 in 07Scape..

Fletching is profitable. Yew/Magic longs, and probably Maple Longbows too.
Runecrafting is profitable.
Killing Green/Blue dragons - Quick and profitable
Farming; ie (Ranarr seeds @ 4 farming patches = average at LEAST 20k profit/patch, if herb lives)
You can buy Bolt Racks (for much less than street price) ->(for Karils Crossbow) at Port Phastmays or whatever (Quest needed: Ghost Ahoy)

There are a lot of ways to make money.. but normally the contested portion is maximizing GP/HR.

If you play the game and level up your skills, such as Slayer.. with combat.. you'll be decently well off. I also suggest keeping most of what you gather, and using it yourself.. unless you need to sell it.

STAY AWAY from buying something, selling it back, and buying something else, and selling it back. More than likely, you'll just end up throwing away money.

#48 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

• Smelting Iron Ore into Iron Bars with the Ring of Forging is a good way to make money. Using the Port Phas. Furnace, you'll be able to smelt up to 1400 ores an hour and with the price of Iron Bars going up because of high demand on Iron Knives, you should be able to rack in ~200K an hour after buying and selling either the Bars or make Knives and sell them. Very low requirement and recommended for newer players to start off. Just finish Knight's Sword and you're ready to go.
  • Green Dragons are nice with their average of 3k per kill, but it can be a bit risky. Unless you're willing to risk some armor and whatnot, you should average ~200k-500k an hour depending on your combat stats and what method you're taking them on with.

Edited by Milktea4me, 12 November 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#49 Hurtado

Hurtado

• RS Name:Hurtado1

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Easy but long process.
You need 10+ Crafting.

Here's how you do it.
  • Go to Camelot.
  • You will need to Gather 450 flax (Which is south of Camelot and there is a bank west of Camelot).
  • Spin 450 flax into 450 bowstrings (Which is Located south of the quest starting area at Seer's village).
  • You can sell the bowstrings for 100 to 120gp each which will make you 45k to 54k if 450 bowstrings are made, 100k to 120k if 1k bowstrings are made (You can sell them at Seer's Village Bank (West of Camelot at World 301)).
  • You can now buy 1k flax from 45k to 50k.
  • Spin Flax into bowstring and repeat step 4 to 6.

Edited by Hurtado, 19 November 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 LOSLOSLOS

LOSLOSLOS

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Cave horrors 1.5m per inventory- Black mask 600k each
Quest requirements:42 agility 45 crafting 50 smithing 40 range 40 farming 47 prayer 50 fishing 58 slayer 4 smithing 20 strength 8 herblore 30 fletching 30 cooking
Inv for cave horrors for melee:Prayer pots and high pray bonus Armour with holy wrench
Quest needed:Cabin fever Pirates treasure Zogre flesh eater drudic ritual big chompy bird hunting and jungle potion

#51 Swindull

Swindull

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Farming is the best money making skill, and by far the easiest. Get your farming until you can do snaps, than count the gold.

#52 Boebonik

Boebonik

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Safespotting Blue Dragons w/ Magic - Not the most profitable way of making money, due to the fact that blue's can only be killed in the taverley dungeon. (unless you have done many quests). This is a good way to make money while watching a movie or tvseries. In the north west corner of the blue dragon cave is a safespot. Cast fire strike to minimize costs. It takes a little longer though, but you are watching tv so it doesnt really matter. Bones and hides are always in high demand, and currently sell for 1900 and 1800 each.

Pros:
Makes about 50k per inventory
No need to keep clicking constantly, so there is the ability to multitask
The hides and bones can be sold instantly.
Great magic xp

Cons:
Fairly long walk to the bank
Blue's hit hard if safespotting is not done correct
The first few minutes, baby blue's might be able to attack you, if they do, walk a little more west.

Tips:
Take about 3 mid level fish (salmon, trout) to heal when your safespot fails.
I wouldnt recommend taking everything they drop.
Don't forget to bring a dusty key.

#53 Kareniukas

Kareniukas

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Fletching or Smtihing
Requirements: fletching 55lvl
To make fletching longbows (u). Buy maple logs 60-65 ea and sell bows (u) 120-130ea so you make like 90k+ cash/hr and 90k fletching xp/hr
Smith iron knives or cannonballs,this will make you great money too.

#54 Evi

Evi

Join Zchat, Zybez's Fchat

• RS Name:Evidently
  • Clan:Zchat

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Herb Farming.
Farm Ranarr weed at 32 farming, you average 6.5 herbs per plant which leads to 22k profit per plant if you buy the seeds at 30k and sell the herbs at 8k. this is 110k for 5 minutes of work every 70~ minutes if you have access to all 5 herb patches. Once you get 62 farming do snapdragons and make even more money.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 shootem

shootem

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

The trusty Hide Tanning method always works. Buy the hide, tan it, pretty simple. At some point (usually), either normal leather, Green/Red/Black D'Hide tanning will be profitable. Just look up the price of the leather, compare it to the hide, add in your tanning cost.

Law running is also very profitable. Look on the RS forums for typical running worlds. Ratios for Law running are usually 23:23 or 25:23 (laws to pure ess). Same goes for Nature Running.

Any source of herbs is profitable today. Whether it be farming herb patches or killing Druids for Unids.

Killing the Dark Wizards outside Varrock can be profitable (from what I've heard, never done it myself). They commonly drop Fire Talismans which sell for around 20k/ea right now.

Enchanting Emerald rings into Ring of Duelling is also profitable. Currently it costs around 850gp to make (700 for the ring, 150 for the cosmic rune), sells for 1.5k-2k. Requires 27 Magic.

That's about all I can think of for now.

#56 Psyhco Klown

Psyhco Klown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

Crafting Natures @ Level 50 RC with 3 pouches = 250k p/h or 1m p/4h

Posted Image

ASL: 18 | M | AUS
Interests: Unicycling, Information Technology, Psyhchology, Reading, Lucid Dreaming, Yu-Gi-Oh, Gaming, Video Editing
YT Channel: www.youtube.com/unisykolist
FaceBook: Brandon Nankivell
Email: [email protected]
Combat Level: 89
Highest Skills: 79 Fletching, 77 Strength, 75 Hitpoints

--------------------Looking for a Video Editor?--------------------

I'm a passionate editor with 5 years of experience with all versions/editions of Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects.

I'd love to EDIT YOUR VIDEOS FOR FREE, PK'ing in particular.

Contact me via FaceBook (Brandon Nankivell) or Email ([email protected])

#57 Hex is

Hex is

• RS Name:Hex is
  • Clan:NA
  • Team:NA

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

first the hard part: getting lvl 70 agility,(made easier and more benificial by rooftop agil) then kill blue dragons in taverly dungeon with a crossbow and anti fire shield. This is one of the oldest money makers in runescape but were playing oldschool so it fairly profitable at decent range lvl.

#58 BlizzRs

BlizzRs

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

Hey i decided to start making money making tutorials on youtube. Please check my channel. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlizRs

#59 Admit_I_Own

Admit_I_Own

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

NightmareZone is actually good money if you have atleast 70+ combat stats, you can get up to 200k gp/hr by buying pure essence with the points and 125/150k xp in the combat skill you're training :P

Edit: Also, buy the 15 daily herb boxes for maximum profit off NMZ

Edited by Admit_I_Own, 19 January 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#60 kingg sleepy

kingg sleepy

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

good guide, i recommend doing frog legs, and prayer pot flipping, that's how i'm making my mils.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: