104 replies to this topic

#1 Joolker

Joolker

Forget you I won't

• RS Name:Jool
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Druidz

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Things are really starting to get going with 2007 Runescape. A lot of you are learning the best ways to make gp and we'd like to start a thread to share that knowledge with everyone!

Over time this sticky will become an ever growing compilation of money making tips and tricks, dedicated solely to the 2007 "OSRS" version of Runescape!
You are welcome to read through them, and add your own if you feel anything hasn't been covered when it comes to making gp!

This topic is for longer posts that are very detailed in money making methods. Please do not post on this thread unless it's a way to make money and is in the format posted above.

Additional money making strategies are available in Tips and Tricks--these may or may not be applicable to OSRS.

Thanks.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” - Will Smith

Always beefin' in #cdrsc till the day I die
BEEF.JPG ON GRILL.GIF WITH SAUCE.PNG

#2 HomelessRyder

HomelessRyder

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Make 200k-300k Per Hour!
Written by HOMELESSRYDER

Not required but recomended to have 50+ combat!

No items needed!

Teleport to Varrock, and make your way up to Edgeville. South of Edgeville there is a little trap door with ruins and yew trees around it, enter that. this is the edgeville doungeon.

Walk north until you see a gate, enter is and keep heading east. Once you're as far east as you can go, head as far south as you can go, then turn left (west).

Right now you should be in a little room with a bunch of different mining rocks. Directly south from that room is a room with zombies in it, enter that room.

*Note I recomend to have 50+ combat here because at 50 combat and higher the level 25 zombies will no longer be aggressive to you.*

In the far east side of the room, a brass key spawn about every 30 seconds and they range from 2,000 gold-3,000 gold per key. Now for the calculations!

If each key spawns every 30 seconds, that means you can get 2 keys per minute. theres 60 minutes in an hour, so you can pick up 110-120 keys on average per hour.
120*2,000=240k (if you sell the keys at 2k each)
120*3,000=360k (if you sell the keys at 3k each)

I hope you guys enjoyed and learned something from this guide!
FOR MORE EPIC GUIDES LIKE THIS SEARCH HOMELESSRYDER ON YOUTUBE!

Edited by HomelessRyder, 30 March 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#3 Inv1sus

Inv1sus

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

POPULAR

Humble advice from a humble person.

1. Calculate what your things are worth. Many people buy certain bulk items at whatever each, but may round off a couple 100 gp. I've had people take off up to 5k thinking I wouldn't do the math.

2. Don't be greedy. If you're making good profit on resells, skills, etc. then you don't need to sell at the market price. I used to make steel nails for quick cash, and a lot of people quick buy these for quests, so they'll pay a good price for them. People know this and sell them as high as they can. I'd sell them for 30-50 lower than the common sale price. I sold them quicker, I moved on with my business quicker, and I wasn't a pain-in-the-ass to anyone. This won't help you make money, but c'mon, be a cool person and quit running up prices.

3. Check price history. Items like bowstrings, iron ore/bars, and logs work a lot like real life stocks. You can invest at a low point and sell them when the price goes up. Watch prices carefully, on the price guide as well as in merch worlds. The simplest way to put it is to know when to buy and sell.

4. I have noticed that commodities like logs, ore, bowstrings, etc. constantly go up, while single and expensive things go down. The granite maul and rune scim are good examples of this. Merching non-commodity items is usually a bad investment.

5. Consider time. You may make a ton of money doing something, but you may not realize how much time you're spending actually selling the items. An example of this wouldl be the brass key idea that the guy above me suggested. Another example at one time was iron arrows. I could make more money from them than I could knives, but the knives would sell instantly. I went with the arrows and regretted it in the end.

#4 MumbleJman

MumbleJman

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Chocolate Dust Money making guide!
Written by Dat Potmaker

No Reqs :D

A thousand gold starting cash and a pestle and mortar

Somehow reach The tree gnome strong hold.
1. go to the bank in the tree with nothing equipped and nothing in your inventory besides a few K
2. Go north to the farthest north you can from the banks till you find a gnome trade the gnome and buy all of his chocolate dust and chocolate bars.
3. grind the bars into dust then bank.
4. then run to the opposite side of the tree near Dairo from Monkey Madness and trade the gnome east of him.
5. Buy all the Dust and Bars Grind the bars then bank.
6. World hop and repeat  

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY GUIDE SUB TO ME @MUMBLEJUMBLEMAN ON YOUTUBE

#5 rs07_ialchcows

rs07_ialchcows

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

Flesh crawlers,
   Flesh crawlers can be found in the stonghold of security in the Barbarian Village (West of Varrock) and they drop items such as dust rune, fire rune, nature rune, iron ore (noted and unnoted), and unidentified herbs.

Recommendations: 35+ combat (as they are level 28), food (lobsters are recommended), armour and weapons of the best quality for your stats and budget.

You will want to pick up the fire rune, nature rune, iron ore (noted), herbs, and dust rune if you desire.

You can easily sell fire rune, nature rune, dust rune, and iron ore here on the zybez forums or one the Runescape
forums. With the herbs you can either identify them or fairly easily sell for around 800gp-1,000gp ea at west varrock bank (a short distance away from the stronghold of security, this is also where you will be banking)

Note: These are very good for exp, and please be aware that the money per hour varies depending on your luck of drops, I myself have spent a 2-4 hours roughly there and made around 260k-300k which I would estimate at around 75k-90k/hr.

Hope I helped you make bank. :-D   

#6 msylcasac

msylcasac

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

FARMING LEVEL ONE CLUE SCROLLS ---
recommended :40 thieving , full h.a.m clothing, 40 or 50 mage for teleports (helps A LOTTTT)
needed: 15 thieving

How to make money-
You will be focused on the clue scrolls and clue scrolls only, everything else u can either drop or keep for more money. (iron ore,coal, cowhide, various herbs, and much much more.

A lot of people tend to give up after more than 5 failed attempts at getting anything money wise.

I managed to get 5 zammy pages and a sara page in less than 4 hours. (all zammy pages, double of pg 3) too bad I got them when they were 100k and sold for 250k :\

anyways, I reccomend 40 thieving because below that, you will be stunned and bundled away (takin away from site) more often.
- wear full ham clothing, increases chance
- only thieve from women, higher success rate than male
- gloves of silence also help in favor
If you are going to do it, do not stop for at least one hour. You cannot give up. The clue scroll drop rate for hams is "uncommon".
When I got zammy pages, I was at 350k an hour. I just started up last night and Right now im at 200k an hour.

Tips-
The best thing to do is to no life it until you get something worth a lot of money. this way it boosts up ur average per hour and you also just made bank. :D
Lets say you got worthless stuff for 3 hours straight. no more than 100k, as soon as you get that zammy page 1 after the 3 hour mark, now ur at 166k an hour.
I highly doubt if your thieving is above 40 however that you will go longer than 3 hours without a 100k+ drop. Ive never gone past 7 worthless clue scrolls in a row except once. (14 scrolls)
You almost always get more than 200k an hour, and once u hit that jackpot item... ;))

Other helpful info -
After (average 3 failed attempts in 1 min) so many failed attempts u will be taken out of the ham hideout (not far). If you are wearing full ham however, you will be taken to a cellar (is inside ham hideout) and can lock pick your way out. After the first time in the cellar however (9 times out of 10) you will be taken outside instead of them locking u up again.

Watch me stream at twitch.tv/n00bslayer06
and youtube at http://www.youtube.com/yyozzerrs

Edited by msylcasac, 04 April 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#7 Demonic Chaos

Demonic Chaos

♫ d^_^b ♪ ℓife |►σ

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

1)Finish "Gertrudes Cat" quest so that you can get overgrown cats (you'll need to get a cat to overgrown before you can get a new kitten), they are worth 100 deaths runes (20k - 22k) and sardine can bought from port sairm store (infinite supply and cheap) than banked at void outpost. A overgrown cat can't hunt rats so if you need a cat for a quest (namley one of the rfd quests).

2)Wear "Ava's Accumaltor" as they generate steel arrows worth 50-60 gp ea, although the lesser form of it works i like to have the higher tiered version just so i can get steel instead of iron arrows.

3)Know the markets... For example go to varrock west buy limpwurt roots for 1k ea and sell on zybez 07 marketplace for 1.5k ea... there most likley dozens of these kind of merchs. Although i would recommend you go to a high population world where an item that cost alot, and than find someone that either doesn't know the market or are desperate to sell. (Example granite mauls) Thus you merch for profit. Although mid pop world (800 - 1200) are better for small sellable items that really stack up once alot of people start selling to you.

Posted Image

#8 Naduss

Naduss

Runescaper

• RS Name:Fluzzrs
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Get 55+mining, go to lumby swamp (find the 2nd mining field/location there) and mine 4 of them. Once they've been mined, hop worlds. Do this until you get a full inventory. so you'll get 15k per inv.

or chaos druids, sell the herbs & make bank.

#9 ULoseTheGam3

ULoseTheGam3

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

As painful as it is, stringing flax is fairly profitable. I've found I can do 42 loads an hour. (1176), You can buy flax for 35, and sell for 125. This equivalates to 105k profit. Pretty easy with a low crafting to make decent profit.

#10 djnelson22

djnelson22

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

How I made my first Mil:

This is after not playing the game for 5+ years. Haven't played EoC at all.

I started out killing cows. Got around 56k worth of cow hides and sold them 200ea (if you're patient you can get a bit more). With that 56k I bought all the woodcutting axes I'd need up to rune (again, if you're patient you can get the addy/rune axe cheap). At this point I just woodcut up to 60 WC, saving all my logs. After you get to 60, start fletching! Using all the saved logs you have. This isn't the quickest means of money by any means at first, but after a while it becomes very profitable. Fletch whatever grants most exp at the time (start with shafts, then shorts, then longs, then oak shorts, oak longs etc). I'd skip maple shorts and just fletch willow longs until 55 fletch though. At this point fletching becomes profitable. Buy Bow String and Maple logs for cheaper than market price (spam in varrock world 2, west bank). Try to get your logs/bs about 50g cheaper than what your finished longbows will cost. To make maximum profit, cut your own Maple logs. This is time consuming though, beware..

Fletch Maple Longs all the way until 70 fletching. Now fletching is very profitable! You'll have plenty of bank to start yourself off buying yew logs / bs. The most profitable way to fletch yews though is to buy the Yew Longbow (u) semi-cheap and the bowstring cheap. Stringing bows is much faster than cutting them, thus yielding more profit. You'll be making 150+ per bow. I can string 34 bows per minute, which is equal to 2040 / hr. 2040(150) = 306k/hr. Not bad, in my opinion. The main reason I say to do this is because you can always rely on your skill. It's nice to have a high skill that yields a lot of profit. That way if you were to get scammed/hacked, you could make money back yourself rather quickly.

Once you hit 85 Fletching you're going to be making even more profit. Magic longbows are the moneymaker in this profession. Just keep at it, it's actually not so bad.

One tip: I personally think you should buy your yews/bs in varrock. If you wanted to just buy the logs/bs cheap and quickly turn them, tele up to camelot and run to the bank. People buy them market price / overpriced there. This isn't as effective as cutting / stringing but it still makes good money.

Edited by djnelson22, 08 April 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#11 amar

amar
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

If you've just started you're better off cutting normal logs at West Varrock. They're going for 250-400 gp atm and it takes around 2 hours to get 1k logs.

#12 Imabadge

Imabadge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Requirements: 15 thieving, some food if low hitpoint level and some small ammount of money to buy some required clothes or items

Pickpocket HAM members and get many clue scrolls and start doing them. If you're lucky you can get zamorak pages wich are worth a nice ammount of money ( I sold a page 4 for 375k ) or guthix, or saradomin pages wich are worth a lot too but not as much as zamorak

#13 5up3rn4tu4l

5up3rn4tu4l

• RS Name:5up3rn4tur4l

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

The method : Level 2 Clue Scroll
Level Req : 60+ combat level , 40 ranged ,25 slayer
Quests Req : Biohazard , dwarf cannon ,the grand tree ,plague city ,tree gnome village ,the grand tree
Item Req : Mirror Shield Gnome Cloths(from the second floor the grand tree) , studded body and chaps ,green d'hide body and chaps , full steel Armour and some items can be purchased from players
Items Recommended : Varrock,Cammy,Fally Teletabs ,Game necklace , Ring of dueling

1.Getting The Clue
Cockatrices are good Source of lvl 2 clue scrolls as it is a common drop .
It takes from 15-40 mins to get one (depending on your level)

A) You Have To Get A Mirror Shield From Vannaka (5k) To Prevent Cockatrices Attack
B) Getting There
They Are in Fremennik Slayer Dungeon http://images2.wikia...on_location.png

You Can Reach Them By Teleporting To camelot then north
Or Barbarian Outpost (games Necklace) then to Lighthouse and east to the dungeon

2.Money Making
Cockatrices drop many of valuable items
Such As Natural Runes ,Law Runes, watermelon seeds,sweetcorn seeds,strawberry seeds,Iron Boots,Limpwurt Root and sometimes mystic boots They Also Drop Loop\Teeth Half Of aKey

but You Have To concentrate on the clue Usually comes after 60-80 kills
some people give up after 5 bad loots but they are wrong beacuse they have a chance to get somthing very valuable such as
Ranger Boots (Up to 6m)
Sara,Guthix,zammy Cloacks (up to 1m)
Sara,Guthinx,Zammy mitres (up to 800k)
Sara,Guthix,ZammyPages (40k-60k-400k)
And Some Adamant (G) (T)

I've Made 500k From Cockatrices Drops
And 3m Rewards After 10 Clues

Edited by 5up3rn4tu4l, 11 April 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#14 zoli

zoli

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Postdjnelson22, on 08 April 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

How I made my first Mil:

This is after not playing the game for 5+ years. Haven't played EoC at all.

I started out killing cows. Got around 56k worth of cow hides and sold them 200ea (if you're patient you can get a bit more). With that 56k I bought all the woodcutting axes I'd need up to rune (again, if you're patient you can get the addy/rune axe cheap). At this point I just woodcut up to 60 WC, saving all my logs. After you get to 60, start fletching! Using all the saved logs you have. This isn't the quickest means of money by any means at first, but after a while it becomes very profitable. Fletch whatever grants most exp at the time (start with shafts, then shorts, then longs, then oak shorts, oak longs etc). I'd skip maple shorts and just fletch willow longs until 55 fletch though. At this point fletching becomes profitable. Buy Bow String and Maple logs for cheaper than market price (spam in varrock world 2, west bank). Try to get your logs/bs about 50g cheaper than what your finished longbows will cost. To make maximum profit, cut your own Maple logs. This is time consuming though, beware..

Fletch Maple Longs all the way until 70 fletching. Now fletching is very profitable! You'll have plenty of bank to start yourself off buying yew logs / bs. The most profitable way to fletch yews though is to buy the Yew Longbow (u) semi-cheap and the bowstring cheap. Stringing bows is much faster than cutting them, thus yielding more profit. You'll be making 150+ per bow. I can string 34 bows per minute, which is equal to 2040 / hr. 2040(150) = 306k/hr. Not bad, in my opinion. The main reason I say to do this is because you can always rely on your skill. It's nice to have a high skill that yields a lot of profit. That way if you were to get scammed/hacked, you could make money back yourself rather quickly.

Once you hit 85 Fletching you're going to be making even more profit. Magic longbows are the moneymaker in this profession. Just keep at it, it's actually not so bad.

One tip: I personally think you should buy your yews/bs in varrock. If you wanted to just buy the logs/bs cheap and quickly turn them, tele up to camelot and run to the bank. People buy them market price / overpriced there. This isn't as effective as cutting / stringing but it still makes good money.

Woow, i never knew that fletching is profitable! Thank you for this method, i'll try this method! :)

#15 Skele IX

Skele IX

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Level 2 clue scrolls.
Starting point: north falador gate.
Kill guards until it drops a level 2 clue scroll (fairly comon drop) then simply complete the clue scroll.
Enjoy making bank, rewards up to 6m :)

#16 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

The jewellery trader in Port Sarim buys necklaces, rings, and amulets 16% above alch price.
Most people sell / buy things like ruby rings primarily for alching, but you would make more money crafting bracelets since those have a higher alch value.

You can make ~200k / Hr buying commonly alched jewellery, selling a certain amount (depends on buy/sell price) to the jewellery trader in port Sarim, hopping worlds and repeating. (200k is based on losing 100-150 Gp per alch)

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#17 SlayreFox

SlayreFox

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

ankous [lv76] in the security dungeon.  [ 82+ combat recommended ]   drop alot of blood and death runes [ deaths 10 at a time blodos 5, or 11 at a time ] and addy arrows [ random
amount ] + level 3 clues. also a Salve amulet helps snce they're undead. i recently sold 1343 blood runes for 470k and 1344 death runes for 315k

#18 redweeds

redweeds

• RS Name:Third Stone
  • Clan:N/A
  • Team:N/A

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

I suppose if you've just begun and have no idea where to start making money killing cows and collecting their hides is somewhat profitable. They sell for about 200-300 ea and can easily help you fund any skills you want to begin getting up. Obviously this isn't a longterm money making method as there isn't much gold to be made for a higher level player. I managed to make 500k before lvl 30 just doing this whilst training other stats.

#19 Letroll1337

Letroll1337

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

I find that runecrafting can be very profitable. The best method of making money for me is PKing but there is also lots of risk for many new people with a low budget. As for the best garunteed money making guides though i would suggest runecrafting, theiving, and armor smithing. For any questions or if you need help with something join my FC or message me in game.

#20 lordedard

lordedard

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

You know hudo in the grand tree? Yeah if you collect unoted frogs legs he will buy them off you for 1k i think.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: