• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Runescape Ranged Guide

1-99

Written By: Paralyzerr

Welcome to my Runescape Ranged guide. Like Combat, Ranged training has been affected likewise. Because milktea4me has already created a Combat guide, i am not going to waste my time creating my own melee guide, so here i am with Ranged.

Abilities

Whenever you are training Ranged, any combat skill for that matter, Abilities are necessary. I am just going to name some of my favorite Abilities and what they do.

Piercing Shot

This is kind of like slice, but in Ranged. It is a basic ability and should be used whenever possible.

Binding Shot

I would only recommend using this if you are PKing.

Dead Shot

This is an ultimate ability. Don't use it too often or you won’t have any adrenaline for threshold abilities.

Rapid Fire

Use this whenever possible. It deals large amounts of damage over time and can be very effective.

-----------------------------------------------------

Weapons

I’m going to name the weapons you should be using at different levels.

1-10: Use a Chargebow. These require no ammo and can be bought on the G.E or obtained for weak monster drops (Goblins, etc.)

10-20: Use an Oak Shortbow.

20-30: Use a Willow Shortbow

30-40: Use a Mithril 2H Crossbow.

40-50: Use an Adamant 2H Crossbow.

50-60: Use a Rune 2H Crossbow.

60-70: Stick with Rune Crossbow, but if you afford a Dragon 2H Crossbow, use that.

70-99: Armadyl Crossbow (If you can afford it. Otherwise use Rune or Dragon. A Dark Bow is a good alternative although I don't recommend it.

------------------------------------------

Training Methods

1-20

Posted Image

Cow: Level 2 | Burthorpe | HP: 25

30k XP per hour

There are not many method that give better XP than these or goblins at these levels. Only train at Burthorpe.

20-30

Posted Image

Spellwisp: Level 26 | Outside Wizards Tower | HP: 650

50k XP per hour

These are great for these levels. They also barely hit, but bring some food, just in case.

30-50

Posted Image

Catablepon: Level 92 | 3rd Floor of SOS | HP: 1912

80k XP per hour

These rose out of the shadows when EoC was released. Make sure to use bolts because that is what they are weak to. No food is necessary.

50-70

Posted Image

Lesser Demons: Level 100 | Karamja

Volcano | Hp: 5000

140k XP per hour

These are by far the best XP for these levels. There are, however, much better monsters once you hit 70. My favorite location for these is the Karamja volcano. You could also use the resource dungeon there if possible. Other locations include Taverley dungeon.

70-99

Posted Image

Icefiend: Level 185 | Ghorrock Fortress | HP: 3000

350 – 400k XP per hour

In my opinion, these are better than Water fiends for Ranged training. These can only be accessed after The Temple of Senntisten quest. If you cannot, or simply will not complete this quest, there are always Water fiends.

-----------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my guide. Ranged training can be a bit stressful at times, but always remember this

“Once I hit 99, I can make 50mil and hour killing Queen Black Dragon!”

------------------------------------------

If you have any suggestions or comments, drop a comment!

#2 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Icefiends have been horribly nerfed. They're no longer 400k xp/h.

You may wish to look up your information, and do more testing before you publish a full fledged guide. You might also want to put in some pictures of gear recommendations as well.

#3 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostTS Togusa, on 07 March 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Icefiends have been horribly nerfed. They're no longer 400k xp/h.

You may wish to look up your information, and do more testing before you publish a full fledged guide. You might also want to put in some pictures of gear recommendations as well.
they honestly nerfed them. this sucks. Watefiends it is then! ill work on the pictures for gear and such

#4 Goodguyrich

Goodguyrich

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Can you give me some tips on F2P? I have been doing spell wisps up until lvl 30, should i continue with them or should I transition into hill giants? Range is very hard if the opponent is not weak to arrows.

#5 Jay

Jay

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostGoodguyrich, on 12 March 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Can you give me some tips on F2P? I have been doing spell wisps up until lvl 30, should i continue with them or should I transition into hill giants? Range is very hard if the opponent is not weak to arrows.

You don't need to double post to get OP's attention with your question; they'll see it when they come back to their thread. Be patient :-P.

OT:

Could use with some better formatting on your guide but it's a start.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."

Posted Image

♥ Community Leader of Guides & Tips - Pm me with all issues

#6 Goodguyrich

Goodguyrich

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostJay, on 12 March 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

You don't need to double post to get OP's attention with your question; they'll see it when they come back to their thread. Be patient :-P.

OT:

Sorry... But do you know of a solution?

#7 Jay

Jay

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostGoodguyrich, on 12 March 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

View PostJay, on 12 March 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

OT:

Sorry... But do you know of a solution?

I'm not active in Runescape anymore, so unfortunately not.

Posted Image

#8 whiteknigh

whiteknigh

Mr White

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Use Crystal bow on Black Dragons, 1k xp per kill and only takes 7-10mins to kill 28 which should make about 1mil+ exp a hour if done right? I would have to time it and exp to be sure...

Edited by whiteknigh, 16 March 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#9 Sp x

Sp x

eats u

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

View Postwhiteknigh, on 16 March 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Use Crystal bow on Black Dragons, 1k xp per kill and only takes 7-10mins to kill 28 which should make about 1mil+ exp a hour if done right? I would have to time it and exp to be sure...

Redo your maths.

If it takes 7minutes minimum and 10 minutes maximum to kill 28 black dragons at 1k xp per kill-

> 60/7 'sets' of 7 minute kills can be done. 60/7 * 28 * 1000 =  240,000 XP/hr
> 6 'sets' of 10minute kills can be done. 6 * 28 * 1000 = 168,000 XP/hr
x

#10 Adamlion

Adamlion

Relentless by nature

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Damage Inc

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

thanks alot fot his guide, really helpful.

#11 Paralyzerr

Paralyzerr

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

for f2p, just continue the guide until lesser demons. Lesser demons are actually the fastest xp to 99 ranged with f2p, sadly.

View PostAdamlion, on 16 March 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

thanks alot fot his guide, really helpful.
thanks!

#12 Argh_Its_You

Argh_Its_You

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Thanks, nice guide
Posted Image

#13 Nibmeister

Nibmeister

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

For all the free members out there, in your early 40's you can still kill 4 burthorp cows in the time it takes to kill one catablepon, since we can't use bolts. It makes for faster experience if you know the trick to doing it consistently. /

Burthorpe cows are hard to consistently kill, as noob characters flood it for xp. I have a method for thinning the competition, but your character will have to be somewhat rich, though not absurdly rich. For instance, I have 20 mil. I'm not absurdly rich, but I'm well off for a free to play world. 10,000 mithril arrows are a drop in the bucket for me. I use mithril arrows on the cows, and don't bother retrieving them. This distracts the noobs. The players just starting out see free mithril arrows all over the place, and they can't resist. The time it takes them to pick up the arrows is is enough time to get the drop on them. There are small stints of time when no cows are being attacked, because everyone is picking up the bait arrows.

Just find a sweetspot where you don't have to waste time turning a lot to fire, and unload on the bovine bretheren. Mine is outside the pin, at the bottom right corner.

#14 Blakey 852

Blakey 852

• RS Name:Blakey 852
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Great guide, all upto the last monster, which jagex stuffed over. all in all good job, It's gonna help me getting 99 range soon :D
Posted Image

#15 Daairo Nahar

Daairo Nahar

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Nice guide, but from a noobs point of view, it needs a bit more info.

I havn't played for a few years and just came back.

I think more information on different gear to use would be great.

Also maybe a couple of money making alternatives like using against dragons.

#16 Jay

Jay

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm gonna lock this, not because you bumped it up, but for the mere fact that it seems the author isn't active on the forums anymore. It's been nearly 5 months and he hasn't logged in.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: