The World Wakes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Poll: This Update (60 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Josh Hogg

Josh Hogg

Debenkey

• RS Name:Josh Hogg
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

The World Wakes (members only)

Orlando Smith's made a big discovery just west of the Legends' Guild: ruins dating from the First Age, which he believes once belonged to Guthix himself. It's the sort of find that makes careers, but breaks the hasty and the unprepared, so he needs your help to safely uncover the lost knowledge and artefacts within.

Make your way past the ruins' defences with strength and cunning, and you'll discover secrets that could shift the world's balance of power forever. There'll be one mother of a battle before the quest is through, so you'll need a combat level of at least 140 and your very best combat gear, along with plenty of food.

Ultimately, you'll have to make a choice, and your decision will set the scene for the events to come and feature in future story content. One thing is certain, though: once you're through, you'll become a whole new breed of hero, and the woken world will need you more than ever.

Posted Image

Completing the quest will earn you over 800,000 XP in lamps (in a variety of skills, with minimum levels ranging from 65 to 80), five new ultimate combat abilities (usable at level 85 in their related skills), and cosmetic torso gear. In addition, there's a trove of post-quest rewards - including a powerful ring, a title, and new Slayer targets that can drop level 85 gloves and a pet - that can be claimed once you've finished the quest and met certain high-level requirements, listed here.

Please note: as of next week's update, all future game content will work on the premise that this quest happened in the past. So, if you want to play the quest with no spoilers, we recommend doing so this week!
Enjoy!

Mod Ana

How to start The World Wakes:

Speak to Orlando Smith at the excavation site to the west of the Legends' Guild.

Requirements: There are additional, post-quest rewards on offer for completing the quests and reaching the skill levels listed below.

Please note: these can be met and their rewards claimed at any time following the completion of the quest. You won't miss anything if you don't meet these requirements when you complete the quest: Behind the Scenes Video

Take a tour of The World Wakes in our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News
  • The latest batch of Evolution of Combat updates is here! Dual wielding has been brought onto the level of two-handed weaponry in raw damage, and mages can now auto-cast a different spell from each hand! We've also made changes to the way that Player-Owned Ports armour degrades, bringing it in line with Nex armour. Read the full details here.
  • There's been a big change to the free game today. We've opened up Burthorpe and Taverley to free players, as well as the first five levels of most members' skills, as a replacement for our existing free trial! Click here for further details.
  • We've made some changes to the way run energy works, so everyone can run for longer and recover their energy more quickly. Full details can be found here.
  • Solomon's General Store is now offering all-new god robes and teleports, tailor-made for followers of Guthix, Saradomin, Zamorak and Zaros.
  • There's a new World Wakes Medley available for your listening pleasure on ourSoundcloud page.
  • Along with today's changes to the free game, there have been some tweaks to the naming conventions for ranged and magic style-specific potions. Existing potions of this type are now prefixed with 'super' - so what was previously called a ranging potion is now a super ranging potion. New, low-level potions have been implemented for the 1-5 Herblore level range, and these have adopted the non-prefixed name (e.g. ranging potion).
  • You may now pay your weekly anagogic orts for Clan Avatar buffs at your Citadel Quartermaster.
  • Hati and Sköll have been removed from the game.
  • There have been a batch of usability improvements made to the Customisation Interface:
    • It is now possible to purchase a duplicate of certain functional prestige items if they're held in a keepsake box. Note that the duplicate will automatically be destroyed if the item in the keepsake box is withdrawn.
    • It is now possible to select weapon overrides of different types simultaneously, so there is no need to switch them when changing weapons.
    • It is now possible to select multiple skill animations at once. Where they affect the same action, a random animation will be played.
    • Weapon overrides now work correctly with off-hand weapons.
  • Support for Software mode has been removed in preparation for future updates. For more information, click here.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Damage Inc.
August '09 MotM

Rejuvenation
June '10 MotM

#2 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Died twice to the first big boss, pretty hard really.

Killed it, avoid the whirlwinds, I used mage, much easaier to escape than using melee.

Edited by Sir Sparhawk, 04 March 2013 - 09:50 AM.

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#3 The Major

The Major

Friends, let's bring them Hell.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm cutting class just to play this quest . . . it really is that serious ^_^

#4 dark knight

dark knight

• RS Name:Weltall 2

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Here are the rewards according to the runescape wiki.

Experience Other Quest points N/A 250,000 XP Prayer lamp (over level 80 Prayer)
110,000 XP Slayer lamp (over level 70 Slayer)
3x 100,000 XP lamps (any 3 skills above level 75 but not on the same skill)
3x 50,000 XP lamp (Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Magic,Ranged or Summoning above level 65)
Five new combat abilities (Sunshine, Death's Swiftness, Natural Instinct, Balanced Strike and Guthix's Blessing)
Azzanadra's Gift, Juna's Gift or Zilyana's Gift
Access to Guthix's Shrine
2x Squeal spins

For having completed the recommended quests:
Sixth Age Circuit
"The World Guardian" title
Automatons as a Slayer target and access to the Slayer - Automaton Cave 3 QP
Posted Image

#5 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Those are some huge rewards. I kind of surprised to see such a high Prayer level requirement despite all the other being somewhat low.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Youngster Joey

Youngster Joey

• RS Name:Trilobyte
  • Clan:None.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

So entered the first battle, and lemme just say something.

Melee gear will only lead to a very swift death against those automatons.
Signature in construction. In the meantime, here's a big empty space to stare at.

#7 Zephyr Zephyr

Zephyr Zephyr

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostYoungster Joey, on 04 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

So entered the first battle, and lemme just say something.

Melee gear will only lead to a very swift death against those automatons.

Just have some food, and youll be fine.
Posted Image

Referral links are not allowed - Ramu  OK

#8 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

looks good will have to give it a try when I get home, the in other news looks almost as good as the main update as well, with legit duel wielding magic, and with port armors getting fixed to be on par with nex with the degrading issue.

Completionist Cape Owner

#9 Youngster Joey

Youngster Joey

• RS Name:Trilobyte
  • Clan:None.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yeah, I did that and beat the automatons with ease.

*boss spoiler ahoy*
Spoiler

Signature in construction. In the meantime, here's a big empty space to stare at.

#10 Sir Sparhawk

Sir Sparhawk

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Best Quest Ever.
Really enjoyed it, best get ROTM and Firemakers Curse done for the rest of the rewards.
Posted Image

View Post[J]osh, on 08 November 2010 - 04:03 AM, said:

You wouldnt call water with a dash of orange pure water cos it only has a little orange in it... would you?

#11 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Great quest spoiled by all the idiots outside the start area spoiling the whole thing.
Next time a major quest comes out public chat will have to go off.
Worries me the level of intelligence some players seem to have.:wallbash:

Edited by Dannnyy, 04 March 2013 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#12 Glue

Glue

O.o?

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Some screen shots so far
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Glue, 04 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Posted Image

★"So I’ll sit on these stairs, With your ghost in the air, Thinking of the last time I saw your face and forgive me my love, But your words aren’t enough. To save you, to save this, to save us this time" ★

#13 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Awesome quest.  Had so much fun with it though died a lot.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#14 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

So because I'm not 80 prayer I either drop the lamp and lose 250k XP or I let it take up an invent spot until I get 80 prayer which could be a hell of a long time.
Why can I not just bank it Jagex?
Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#15 celik88

celik88

• RS Name:Celik04

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostDannnyy, on 04 March 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

So because I'm not 80 prayer I either drop the lamp and lose 250k XP or I let it take up an invent spot until I get 80 prayer which could be a hell of a long time.
Why can I not just bank it Jagex?

jagex logic
Posted Image

View Postarch3rmaster, on Jun 16 2009, 04:01 PM, said:

Another fail by jagex, if i wanted statues id go to that retarded piramid minigame

#16 Glue

Glue

O.o?

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

someone upload a screenie of the first puzzle please :p

Posted Image

★"So I’ll sit on these stairs, With your ghost in the air, Thinking of the last time I saw your face and forgive me my love, But your words aren’t enough. To save you, to save this, to save us this time" ★

#17 Jupe1990

Jupe1990

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I liked it! Just bit of shame that this actually gives no real challenge via boss fights.
Btw to the people who keep asking for help... you know what Jagex gives walkthroughs on their own runewiki for every new quest?
http://services.rune...akes_-_Spoilers
Id like to see some kind of poll about which side did people end up with
Posted Image

#18 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

Member of the Midnight Crew

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Seems like an awesome quest, looking forward to seeing it for myself over the weekend.

Posted Image

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Co-Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

#19 Heavens Gate

Heavens Gate

Leads to

• RS Name:RunezScape
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed the quest =p. I'm glad the bosses weren't hard at all, as this is a quest I think everyone should be able to enjoy.
Posted Image

#20 Glue

Glue

O.o?

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

This is for the last rock puzzle ( LAST ONE ) i forgot first 3 screenies

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: