• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wHOWLw

wHOWLw

• RS Name:ND Dawg
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Clanless

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

If any of you are interested, this was my argument for adding F2p to OSRS, posted on the Runescape forums.
Quick find code: 14-15-805-64391451

"Clans and Pking were the things that made Runescape what it is today, without them, Runescape would never have become so popular.

However, both have been dying out since the death of the Wilderness in 2007.

I feel that both clans and pking would be drastically improved with the addition of F2p into Old School Runescape.

Before you tell me to just pay for OSRS, hear me out.

First of all, it is quite obvious that EoC has killed pking, especially in F2p. ~300 people can be found on the F2p pking world, leaving very few people to fight.

Clans have been dying since 2007.

Meanwhile, OSRS has people excited to pk, whether it be P2p of F2p. Some members just want to F2p pk, but it would create a far more appealing wilderness if they had more people to fight as not all members would want to F2p pk. The addition of F2p as a whole would help to create a community of F2p pkers much larger than if just a few members wanted to F2p pk.

If F2p is not added to the game, some of these members may find that they do not have enough people to fight and eventaully quit OSRS, and quite possibly Runescape in general.

The same philosophy applies to clans as OSRS has many clans very excited. Many clans prefer to fight in F2p. Having F2p in general would allow for these clans to grow with the addition of F2pers. If F2p is not added to OSRS, clans will be in the same position as before as more people quit and they die out even more.

It is obvious that EoC has only hurt clans and pking, but OSRS offers a solution. But if Jagex waits too long to realize this, it will be too late."
One word, unbelievable

#2 Kerkennah

Kerkennah

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yea,I agree with you

They need to make like 2-3 servers, which are f2p based,but you still have to be a paying member to play
Would be good for pking, but I don't think people who do anything else on them

Posted Image

#3 Astraeus

Astraeus

Like Godzilla when I come, damage here when I'm done

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostKerkennah, on 02 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Yea,I agree with you

They need to make like 2-3 servers, which are f2p based,but you still have to be a paying member to play
Yea, if people just go there to pk, wouldn't the f2p economy be slower? There will be less people doing work on it.

Posted Image

The Gladiatorz, 12 years of awesomeness!
Gladz Forums  

Feel free to drop in on our fc "Gladz Chat"

Posted Image

#4 wHOWLw

wHOWLw

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostSTUNTIN, on 02 March 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostKerkennah, on 02 March 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Yea,I agree with you

Yea, if people just go there to pk, wouldn't the f2p economy be slower? There will be less people doing work on it.
I want completely F2p servers, free to everyone. It would help the economy and create more pkers.
One word, unbelievable

#5 Elsol

Elsol

• RS Name:El Sol
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I assure you that Jagex will add f2p servers for OSRS within the next three months. They are fully aware that MANY f2pers and therefore potential customers (when they get p2p) want to play. With the f2p option, OSRS will easily have ~100k people on at one time (on weekends). The only reason it's p2p right now is that they don't have enough people to maintain OSRS. EOCscape is still their first priority, but I'm positive there will eventually be a f2p option.

Edited by Elsol, 02 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
Ayn Rand

#6 wHOWLw

wHOWLw

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostElsol, on 02 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I assure you that Jagex will add f2p servers for OSRS within the next three months. They are fully aware that MANY f2pers and therefore potential customers (when they get p2p) want to play. With the f2p option, OSRS will easily have ~100k people on at one time (on weekends). The only reason it's p2p right now is that they don't have enough people to maintain OSRS. EOCscape is still their first priority, but I'm positive there will eventually be a f2p option.
I hope you're right, I absolutely hate EoC and don't think I'm going to play any scape unless it is OSRS
One word, unbelievable

#7 chrisdale737

chrisdale737

E O S WOOT

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

agree'd f2p osrs would be great!
Posted Image

#8 Big Bad Tank

Big Bad Tank

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I will almost certiantly join 07scape this summer as a member, but until then i want some f2p servers so i can get some quests done, some skills leveled, and some cash made.
Posted Image

#9 Cokewithice

Cokewithice

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

yeah the f2p servers (which are entirely free) would be one of the best things to happen in runescape, truely revive us

In fact, introducing a new non paying player to 2007 runescape would have them more likely to subscribe later on then if they were introduced into the eoc

Why? Because jagex dropped their hard work "no micro transactions will ever come into this game" - Jagex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: