95 replies to this topic

#1 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

POPULAR

Spoon's Berserker Pure Training & Quest Guide

I am working on my own Berserker pure for Old School Runescape Servers, so I thought I'd share what I've found out.

Contents
i. - What this guide will get you / Introduction
ii. - Required skills for full completion
iii. - Required quests for Recipe for Disaster
iv. - Required quests for Lunar Diplomacy
v. - Quests & training methods to get requirements
vi. - Getting Started & Combat Training
vii. - Update log & credits
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i. - Introduction

This guide will give you a full list of quests needed to obtain Barrows gloves, which has a prerequisite of Ancient Magicks, Lunar spells, which has a prerequisite of quests needed for Freminnik helms. Near the end I also have a list of recommended quests you can use to level your skills, and recommended training methods.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ii. - Skills required for full completion of Recipe for Disaster, and Lunar Diplomacy, including all prerequisites:
61 Crafting  Posted Image
10 Slayer   
50 FM Posted Image   
55 WC Posted Image
65 Magic   Posted Image
48 Agility   Posted Image
25 Herblore  Posted Image (Greenman's Ale +1, or Greenman's Ale (m) +2, or Spicy Stew up to +5)
40 Smithing   Posted Image (Dwarven Stout +1, or Dwarven Stout (m) +2, or Spicy Stew up to +5)
40 Ranged Posted Image
40 Defence*    
53 Fishing Posted Image  (Fishing Potion +3, or Admiral Pie +5)  
10 Fletching   
70 Cooking   Posted Image (Chef's Delight +3, or Chef's Delight (m) +5, or Spicy Stew up to +5)
60  Mining Posted Image   
53 Thieving   Posted Image   
* - In order to be a Berserker pure, you should do Lunar Diplomacy after questing to 40 defence.

iii. - Quest Requirements for Recipe for Disaster

Posted Image
Posted Image   

* - You only need to be able to start Legend's Quest.
** - If you are planning on staying 60 attack you must complete Monkey Madness & all other quests that give attack Xp before 28288 total Attack Experience. (See bottom of section V. for list of quests required)
Quests directly to the right (on the same line) of other quests are required for the corresponding quest on the left.
Quests in list form:

iv. - Quest Requirements for Lunar Diplomacy

Posted Image

Quests directly to the right (on the same line) of other quests are required for the corresponding quest on the left.
Quests in list form:

v. - Quests & training methods to get requirements

Agility
@1 Freminnik Trials, 2.8k Xp
@1 Icthlarin’s Little Helper, 4k Xp
@1 Recruitment Drive, 1k Xp
@1 Underground Pass, 3k Xp
@25 The Grand Tree, 7.9k Xp
@28 Troll Romance, 8k Xp=35
1-25 Toy Mice
35-40 Barbarian Course
40-48 Brimhaven Arena

Cooking
@1 Gertrude’s Cat, 1525 Xp
@1 Cook’s Assistant, 300 Xp
@30 Big Chompy Bird Hunting, 1470 Xp
@53 Heroe’s Quest, 2825 Xp
In between quests I recommend fishing first and cooking the fish you catch.

Crafting
@1 Sheep shearer 150 Xp
@1 Goblin Diplomacy, 200 Xp
@1 Dwarf Cannon 750 Xp
@10 Observatory Quest, 2250 Xp
@18 Nature Spirit 3k Xp
@19 Animal Magnetism 1k Xp
@20 Shilo village, 3875 Xp
@20 Elemental Workshop I, 5k Xp
@20 Elemental Workshop II, 7.5k Xp
@36 Enlightened Journey, 2k Xp
@40 The Freminnik Trials, 2.8k Xp
@49 Hand in the Sand 9k Xp = almost 50
Almost 50 – 61 = 5448 coif’s I recommend buying the cowhides or leather.
Alternatively, you could spin 13438 flax, again I strongly recommend buying it.

Fishing
@1 The Freminnik Trials, 2.8k Xp
@1 Sea Slug, 7175 Xp
@10 Fishing Contest, 2437 Xp
1-5 Shrimp (Net fishing, Draynor)
5-20 Bait fishing, Draynor
20+ Fly fishing, Barbarian Village or Shilo Village

Firemaking
@1 Heroe’s Quest, 1575 Xp
@20 Enlightened Journery, 4k Xp
Burn the highest level logs possible.

Herblore
@1 Druidic Ritual, 250 Xp
@1 Recruitment Drive, 1k Xp
@3 Jungle Potion, 775 Xp
@10 The Dig Site, 2k Xp
Clean whatever herbs you can after completion of The Dig Site, bank those you can’t. You can buy eye of newt in Port Sarim from the magic shop for 3Gp each and Water filled vials from the general store in Ardougne for 3-12 Gp each. You can kill Unicorns for their horn near the fishing spots in Barbarian Village. Sell any herbs leftover after level 25.

Mining
@1 Plague City, 2425 Xp
@1 Doric’s Quest, 1.3k Xp
@1 The Dig Site, 15.3k Xp
@50 Heroe’s Quest, 2575 Xp
15-45 Powermining Iron in Al Kharid, or Varrock.
45-60 Powermining Granite in the desert.

Smithing
@1 Heroe’s Quest, 2575 Xp
@1 The Knight's Sword, 12275 Xp
@20 Elemental Workshop I, 5k Xp
@30 Elemental Workshop II, 7.5k Xp
34-35 Smith Steel Bars
35-40 Smith Cannonballs

Thieving
@1 Biohazard, 1250 Xp
@1 Hazeel Cult 1.5k Xp
@1 Fight Arena, 2175 Xp
@1 Icthlarin’s Little Helper, 4.5k Xp
@17 The Hand in the Sand 1k Xp
@25 Creature of Fenkenstrain 1k Xp
@25 The Golem, 1k Xp
@30, The Feud, 15k Xp=37
1-10, man or 1-5 man
5-20 cake stall or 10- 20 farmer
20-38 silk stall
Or 20-38 Al Kharid Warriors
38+ master farmer

Woodcutting
@1 Icthlarin’s Little Helper, 4k Xp
@1 Heroe’s Quest, 1575 Xp
@1 Monk’s Friend, 2k Xp
@1 Enlightened Journey, 1.5k Xp
@35 Animal Magnetism, 2.5k Xp
@40 Freminnik Trials, 2.8k Xp
1-15 Normal Trees (Catherby, or wherever)
15-30 Oak Trees (Draynor or Varrock)
30-45 Willow Trees (Barb Outpost or Draynor)
45-55 Maple Trees (Seers Village)

Quests that give Attack Xp & required for Zerkers
Spoiler

These are not skill guides, simply recommendations. There are probably better ways to train these skills. I have left out combat skills and skills with low requirements, such as fletching since these do not need much explanation.

vi. -Getting Started

Okay, so you’ve just arrived in Lumbridge after Tutorial Island, but now what?
You’re going to need some money, so I recommend you begin training a skill that can get you a little bit. Don’t fret, you don’t need too much money so this won’t take too long. Some good money makers are things like:
Thieving, either pick pocketing or stealing from stalls (Biohazard Quest)
Woodcutting, you might get a lucky birds nest seed, but if not the logs are still worth a pretty penny. (Monk's Friend Quest)
Mining, everyone needs some raw materials. (Doric's Quest)
Or Fishing, we gotta eat, don’t we? (Fishing Contest - requires 10 fishing ~ Sea Slug - requires 30 firemaking)
I recommend you avoid training skills starting at level 1 like the plague, this will speed up your training a lot, and overall, I find this is more enjoyable. So I have put links to good beginner quests, with very low requirements by each skill.

Moving On –
Now that we’ve got some cash we have a choice to make, we can either begin training our combat or continue skilling toward the requirements we’ll need, all the while doing quests along the way that’ll benefit us and knock off some of the required quests.

Combat –
So you chose to start training combat? Well hold on for a second, all that hard earned Gp wasn’t necessary for an iron scimmy. Let’s kick-start this a little with some quests.
I recommend you start off with Waterfall Quest, this will get you to level 30 attack & strength.
Ok, now that we’re done with Waterfall Quest we have some attack and strength levels, but still only 10 hitpoints. We should probably start off easy. I recommend either training up magic and safe spotting creatures or some easy melee.

Magic.
The Varrock Guards are an unsuspecting foe, you can easily safe spot them behind a fence or rock.
Posted Image

A great place to buy some runes is at the Void Knight Outpost.
Posted Image

And make sure to pick up a staff from Zaff!
Posted Image

Melee.
It’s your first time, so make sure to bring lots of food and bank your coins. We can either try the Chaos druids north of Ardy (req 46 thieving to get in), or in the Taverly dungeon. Alternatively, we could just kill some dark wizards in Draynor.

Posted Image

Once we’ve got some HP levels, we can move on to.. you guessed it, more questing! But this time we can look at quests where we might have to do a little combat to get our reward.
Posted Image

Now we should be getting pretty close to 40 attack, so we might need more money for a rune scim. That’s no problem because we’ll be making money while we train, at flesh crawlers. Just pick up the herb and essence drops, bank and repeat.
Once we can afford a rune scim, why not upgrade?
We can even try out harder training spots, like hobgoblins, and fire giants.

Alternatively, a lot of players choose to train with Slayer for some great Gp once they reach higher levels.
vii. - Update Log & Credits
-Posted 02/3/13
-Fixing formatting issue 02/3/13
-07 Guide links added, not all guides available. 02/3/13
-Added what is now, part vi.
-Added monster info & death plateau combo 03/3/13
-Added stat enhancers for skill requirements 09/3/13 :: Thanks to 0hey
-Added The Knight's Sword 10/3/13 :: Thanks to A Ruined Pure
-Added Mice Toy Training to Agility 10/3/13
-Added Quests for Attack Xp to section V  10/3/13 :: Thanks to A Ruined Pure
-Added Sea Slug quest for fishing Xp & Underground pass to Attack quests 23/3/13
-Fixed Chef's Delight boost :: Thanks to Sell for Irl 28/3/13

If I have missed anything please notify me.
All links lead back to Zybez, from 2007.

Edited by spoonheb, 11 April 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#2 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Looks like a great start. Looking forward to the pictures as well as training locations. If you need any help or a second opinion, you can always shoot me a PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 iMagiaErebea

iMagiaErebea

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

What you want to do is start at the end goal of what a berserker should have then double back from there. For example, you may only need 107 qp for Legends Quest, but 125 is needed for the gloves I think. Double back through all the prerequisite quests and take the highest stats. Like Fremmy Trials needs 25 fletching, etc. And ya, I realize it's a WIP. Just focus one one quest line at a time to make sure you've got everything.

Edited by iMagiaErebea, 02 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#4 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostiMagiaErebea, on 02 March 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

What you want to do is start at the end goal of what a berserker should have then double back from there. For example, you may only need 107 qp for Legends Quest, but 125 is needed for the gloves I think. Double back through all the prerequisite quests and take the highest stats. Like Fremmy Trials needs 25 fletching, etc. And ya, I realize it's a WIP. Just focus one one quest line at a time to make sure you've got everything.

There are so many variations on what you could do, so I'm just going to use this guide as what you need to do, as far as quests go (besides the ones I recommend for training).

View PostMilktea4me, on 02 March 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Looks like a great start. Looking forward to the pictures as well as training locations. If you need any help or a second opinion, you can always shoot me a PM.

Thanks, I plan on adding a training section once I actually train my own account (starting only now :-P).
If you've got any of those super secret great training locations I'd love to hear of them.

Edited by spoonheb, 02 March 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 bat3996

bat3996

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Edit: Looks like a great start. I am really excited to see this finish and berserker pures are my favorite.

Edited by bat3996, 05 March 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Sinistro

Sinistro

• RS Name:Xraeo
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Looks like good useful information +1

#7 brndn NA

brndn NA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

awesome guide

#8 Oblivion Kid

Oblivion Kid

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

awesome good,this well help alot :)
Posted Image

#9 0hey

0hey

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Great guide.

I think it would be useful to tell us which skills can be boosted, and from which level. As in, I believe you can boost to 70 cooking from only level 66? That would save a decent amount of training.

#10 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Post0hey, on 05 March 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Great guide.

I think it would be useful to tell us which skills can be boosted, and from which level. As in, I believe you can boost to 70 cooking from only level 66? That would save a decent amount of training.
Good idea, I'll add that in for the final quests that require it because it would take too long to do it on a by-quest basis and you would have to continue training anyways for the next quest that requires it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 0hey

0hey

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postspoonheb, on 05 March 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

View Post0hey, on 05 March 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Great guide.

Good idea, I'll add that in for the final quests that require it because it would take too long to do it on a by-quest basis and you would have to continue training anyways for the next quest that requires it.

Yup, that's what I mean. Thanks :D

#12 Simpuhl

Simpuhl

• RS Name:Simpuhl

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thank you for this, I was waiting for a proper guide and for prices to fall before I started playing but now I will start playing!!!

What gear do you recommend wearing and what stats do you recommend maxing out?

#13 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostSimpuhl, on 05 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Thank you for this, I was waiting for a proper guide and for prices to fall before I started playing but now I will start playing!!!

Attack/Pray are basically personal preference, but other then that 45 defence, 99 everything else :-P.
For gear, I believe void is pretty good although it gives little defence. They have not activated barbarian assault as of yet, but when they do the fighter torso paired with some rune legs, barrows gloves and berserker helm tends to be the most common. In both those set-ups you can get climbing boots or rune boots, and a fire cape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 bat3996

bat3996

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postspoonheb, on 05 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

View PostSimpuhl, on 05 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Attack/Pray are basically personal preference, but other then that 45 defence, 99 everything else :-P.
For gear, I believe void is pretty good although it gives little defence. They have not activated barbarian assault as of yet, but when they do the fighter torso paired with some rune legs, barrows gloves and berserker helm tends to be the most common. In both those set-ups you can get climbing boots or rune boots, and a fire cape.

Well how do you feel about 60 attack, 99 str, and 52 prayer?
Posted Image

#15 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

View Postbat3996, on 05 March 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Sounds good, since nobody will be PK'ing (in the capacity they used to) for awhile I wouldn't make any solid statements until we see how that all unravels. The key point I'm waiting to see is how many people bring a +1 like whip that is actually worth smiting, as opposed to something like a fighter torso or fire cape, since from what I've read a lot of people are just going for 60 attack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 bat3996

bat3996

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postspoonheb, on 05 March 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postbat3996, on 05 March 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Sounds good, since nobody will be PK'ing (in the capacity they used to) for awhile I wouldn't make any solid statements until we see how that all unravels. The key point I'm waiting to see is how many people bring a +1 like whip that is actually worth smiting, as opposed to something like a fighter torso or fire cape, since from what I've read a lot of people are just going for 60 attack.

Ah thats smart. Yeah 60 attack definitely cuts down on the training a little bit. I just watched an 8 stealth 8 video and it inspired me to try the 60 attack route. I will most definitely have to try 31 prayer for a while if I don't see any whips .Thanks. You should make an achievement thread and show your rune pure progress if you have time..or add it as an aside to this guide =).
Posted Image

#17 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postbat3996, on 05 March 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Ah thats smart. Yeah 60 attack definitely cuts down on the training a little bit. I just watched an 8 stealth 8 video and it inspired me to try the 60 attack route. I will most definitely have to try 31 prayer for a while if I don't see any whips .Thanks. You should make an achievement thread and show your rune pure progress if you have time..or add it as an aside to this guide =).

I'd like to, but my time is stretched pretty thin as is, even though I still post here regularily, I haven't gotten nearly as much accomplished as I'd like to.
I did however upload one progress video on my [removed] so far, I plan to make more 07 videos on it, I have a few hours tomorrow to record :-P.

Edited by spoonheb, 05 December 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 AA CoMiK

AA CoMiK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

great guide... here is the one i've been using if you need ideas for your own: http://forums.zybez....fect-rune-pure/
i suggest you add the combat skills to your quest and training methods section.. and making sure people know not to train defence besides quests (Attack is also handy for those who want 60 attack zerkers)

also adding green dragons to your money making methods

#19 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostAA CoMiK, on 09 March 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

great guide... here is the one i've been using if you need ideas for your own: http://forums.zybez....fect-rune-pure/
i suggest you add the combat skills to your quest and training methods section.. and making sure people know not to train defence besides quests (Attack is also handy for those who want 60 attack zerkers)

I'll be adding a few places to train combat, once I get info on them such as Xp/Hr.
I wouldn't add many money-making tips because that doesn't apply to being a zerker, anyone can go green dragons so it doesn't really fit in with a zerker guide - also it's pretty common knowledge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 AA CoMiK

AA CoMiK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

View Postspoonheb, on 09 March 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostAA CoMiK, on 09 March 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

I'll be adding a few places to train combat, once I get info on them such as Xp/Hr.
I wouldn't add many money-making tips because that doesn't apply to being a zerker, anyone can go green dragons so it doesn't really fit in with a zerker guide - also it's pretty common knowledge.

What I mean is the quest xp rewards for Attack and Defense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: