- - - - -
OSRS

[07 Scape] An Easy Start To Crafting (Inexpensive) (From Level 1)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cokewithice

Cokewithice

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

I see that not alot of people have heightened their crafting level in 2007 runescape

As a result I am going to share a tip with everyone here on zybez.

How to get your crafting level up from level 1
Note: This guide is for low levels only, I would'nt recommend it past say ~level 40. However feel free to do so

-- Requirements
  • Able to slay a cow
  • Gutsy enough to pass the wolves on white wolf mountain (just bring about 10 peices of food and dont stop eating while passing the wolves ;))
-- Items needed
  • Needle
  • Thread
  • A good amount of gp for levels 1-10 to get through al kharid's gate (optional) and tan hides
  • A 60 gp fee to get to the flax fields in a safer way (optional) method explained below
  • Also see any related quest guides elsewhere for related item requirements
-- Goal
  • A cheap (almost inexpensive) way to start off crafting to a decent low level of approximately 40
-- The training method
  • 1.1 At level 1 you can optionally complete the quests sheep sheerer and murder mystery (refer to quest guides on sites like runehq.com) these are quick and easy quests that grant you high exp gain for these beginning levels. [level 4 from sheep sheerer alone, level 10 from murder mystery alone] This can advance you straight to step 2
    1.2 Alternatively at levels 1-10 you should slay cows for their hides in either lumbridge, the road to draynor or anywhere else then either bank them or take them directly to al kharid to be tanned and crafted into the HIGHEST POSSIBLE EQUIPMENT this ensures maximum exp gain (recommended using lumbridge cow pen and taking to al kharid for immediate tanning and crafting)
  • Levels 10+ So now after about 5 loads of cowhides you're gonna have 10 crafting. Now you can make bowstring! From here you need to travel to the flax fields south of seers village, pick flax and take it to a building just north west of the flax fields, the one just above the yew trees and prayer altar, on the second floor is a spinning wheel which you can turn your flax into bowstring on, convert your flax and bank the bowstring

For this step you could use three travel methods
    - Teleport to camelot and run south west
    - Travel to karamja and run west till you get to a boat north of the bar at brimhaven, take the boat to ardougne and run north east to seers village and the flax fields
    - Cross white wolf mountain on foot (guts with food or high combat hitpoints required)
  • Repeat the bowstring making proces.
-- Recap
  • Sheep sheerer + murder mystery quests or cow hides till level 10

• Bowstring until the next best method arrives

• Enjoy your crafting levels! :D
-- ALTERNATE TRAINING OPTIONS
  • [Level 23] Tiara's (gather silver ore turn it into bars and turn it into tiara's (52.5 exp each)
  • [Level 38] Leather coif's (1 leather hide each, same method as 1-10) (37 exp each)
  • [level 33+] Glass items at and above level 33 are all great exp once you figure out how to obtain your molten glass (add soda ash to a bucket of sand in a furnace (soda ash obtained by cooking seaweed, bucket of sand by using bucket on any sand pit) (starting at 35 exp each)
Questions? RSN: preeocserver
I only play 07scape ;)

Edited by Cokewithice, 03 March 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#2 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Alternatively, you can complete the Murder Mystery Quest for a quick 10 crafting. Also you can travel to Ardougne for just 60 gp and this is much safer. Pay 30 gp at port sarim to travel to Mus Point, then run to Brimhaven. Pay 30 gp there again and you'll end up at Ardougne. Walk to Seers' Village in peace. :thumbsup:

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#3 Maxsje

Maxsje

------

• RS Name:Maxsje
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

I've done it a different way which is really easy as well. As soon as you arrive in Lumbridge, you gather 13 buckets and head over to Draynor Village, followed by Port Sarim. Take the boat to Entrana and talk to Fritz the Glassblower in the furnace. He'll teach you about glassblowing (simple conversation), and give you a gloss blowing pipe. Then simply head over to the sand pit a little to the north of the furnace (near the herbalist shop), followed by a small trip to the other part of the island (take bridge south of furnace), and pick up seaweed that spawns there (like 8 constantly, takes 1 minute to get the amount needed for 1 inventory, even less perhaps). At that point just return to the range, cook seaweed into soda ash and then make molten glass at the furnace. Although Fritz buys those 20 each, you'd be better off crafting them into glass, more experience earned that way. Roughly 10-15 minutes of work for 15+ crafting.

It's not thé best method, but at level 16 you could move on to making holy symbols and combine this with mining. Either way I'm just offering yet another alternative, I'm fairly certain all three are well and very quick to get those first few levels. :-D

Edited by Maxsje, 02 March 2013 - 11:23 AM.

The Law my calling is, my robe, my tongue, my pen.

Current stats: View here
Current goal: 17/20 skills at 99 (Max2Max)

#4 God_Bunny

God_Bunny

• RS Name:Dr K Schultz

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Buy some shears for 1gp, and do sheep shearer for instant level 4 crafting. Much better to do some quests for that starter exp than craft tbh.

#5 Cokewithice

Cokewithice

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

View PostGod_Bunny, on 02 March 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Buy some shears for 1gp, and do sheep shearer for instant level 4 crafting. Much better to do some quests for that starter exp than craft tbh.

That is actually what I had done I just never mentioned it because I was unable to remember what quest it was ;) thanks!

View PostThe duck, on 02 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Alternatively, you can complete the Murder Mystery Quest for a quick 10 crafting. Also you can travel to Ardougne for just 60 gp and this is much safer. Pay 30 gp at port sarim to travel to Mus Point, then run to Brimhaven. Pay 30 gp there again and you'll end up at Ardougne. Walk to Seers' Village in peace. :thumbsup:

That is a very good option of travel I hadn't looked at!

Thanks for all the current feedback, I have made a few changes to the guide implementing some of the ideas presented

#6 Skitzodan

Skitzodan

Casual Dominance

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Any idea on exp/hr spinning flax?

#7 Cokewithice

Cokewithice

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

You get 15 exp per flax turned into bow string
Provided you know the absolute best and correct way to pick flax (better explained in a video guide)
I think it took me about 2 and a half minutes per run

A run gives 28 flax * 15 exp each, 420 exp
1 Hour would produce 24 runs with constant conentration
Making exp/hour 24 runs * 420 exp, ~10k/hour exp that sounds right

Just note that even though that seems very small at the lower levels its going to be nice exp at no cost at all!

When you feel it's right you would then probably move onto glass!

Edited by Cokewithice, 03 March 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#8 Wizzylol

Wizzylol

• Clan:Teamsweden

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

very nice!

Edited by Wizzylol, 03 March 2013 - 02:19 AM.

Never give up, never back down!
Posted Image
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: