The War Against Bots Continues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

We recently introduced the next phase of our anti-bot technology Botwatch, and it's already showing its teeth in the battle against botting activity in RuneScape. Last night alone, we conducted a mass ban of no less than 20,000 gold farming accounts. This is a huge blow against gold farming, and you should see the difference in game right away. These new anti-bot systems aren’t limited to gold farmers, however - users of 3rd party clients and botting software are also being aggressively targeted by the newly updated Botwatch.
Of course, this is just one victory in the ongoing war against botting. Our zero-tolerance policy stands, and we won't rest while botting and gold-farming exists in your game. It's an ever-evolving race, but with hard work and the support of the community, we'll stay well ahead of the game. We're already working on the next phase of anti-bot tech, which we're looking forward to rolling out over the coming months.
The RuneScape Team
Discuss this here.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#2 Papa Franku

Papa Franku

ey b0ss

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm pretty sure this is what a lot of people are thinking right now

They probably released OSRS to draw out most of the real players, and then did a mass ban of all the bots that are on EoCScape

#3 Bow

Bow

Lead the way.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Sounds good to me, I'm always welcoming of a reduction in bots.
Senior Moderator
- Feel free to PM me if you need any anything and I will do my best to help.
Specialties:
-Clan Discussion
-OSRS Price Guide ( Please use the Price Guide Support Forum for help)
Posted Image
Leader of RuneScape Dinasty; RSD from 06 to 2013

#4 TlcTac

TlcTac

• RS Name:TLcTac
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Awesome, about time they took another step forward against bots.

Posted Image

#5 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostTS Togusa, on 27 February 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

They probably released OSRS to draw out most of the real players, and then did a mass ban of all the bots that are on EoCScape
That...really doesn't make a whole deal of sense...

[13/26] * [2,393/2595] * [135/138]
Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#6 Killah1333

Killah1333

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:The Titans

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostMurdoc, on 27 February 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

It does if you think about people will be playing 07, while they just auto/bot on EOC. Pretty much everyone who had p2p is playing 2007 scape so the rest are mostly gonna be bots.

Posted Image

Ending Titans Member

#7 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostKillah1333, on 27 February 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

It does if you think about people will be playing 07, while they just auto/bot on EOC. Pretty much everyone who had p2p is playing 2007 scape so the rest are mostly gonna be bots.
How exactly does making a game which forces people to grind even harder due to inferior moneymaking/training methods, have to wait around longer to buy/sell items, start off with a reset economy which makes maximum efficiency in those kinds of areas all the more important, and so on - actually making bots more attractive an option - in any way help combat them?

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 The Corf

The Corf

The Corf has been doubled

• RS Name:The Corf

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

pretty nice, could have been useful if they did this just a few days earlier xD did some serious iron mining recently and had to hop a lot because of bots :3
nice to see anyway, will be lovely to see even less bots ^_^

If people were rain, i was drizzle and she was a hurricane

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I feel in love with her the way you fall asleep

Slowly, then all at once.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,

And with strange aeons even death may die.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/TheCorf

#9 Killah1333

Killah1333

• RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:The Titans

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostMurdoc, on 27 February 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

How exactly does making a game which forces people to grind even harder due to inferior moneymaking/training methods, have to wait around longer to buy/sell items, start off with a reset economy which makes maximum efficiency in those kinds of areas all the more important, and so on - actually making bots more attractive an option - in any way help combat them?

Not on 2007, but the bots on the EOC, tbh Jagex doesn't care for the 2007 servers their main focus is EO.

Posted Image

Ending Titans Member

#10 Elder Jr

Elder Jr

Zybaholic

• RS Name:Elder Jr
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Good to see the riddance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostKillah1333, on 27 February 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Not on 2007, but the bots on the EOC, tbh Jagex doesn't care for the 2007 servers their main focus is EO.
If all the legit players have apparently switched to 07 why exactly wouldn't Jagex care for the most popular version of the game...? Why would they want to ban bots which are paying them lots of $$$ in EoCScape if there's no-one left to make a fuss about them? You do realise bots are already cropping up on the OSRS servers and everyone will be sure to start complaining in good time, thus adding to the problem?

Posted Image

#12 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

interesting to see a front page post that isnt about 07 servers.

insteresting to see bots being banned. i predict many will move to 07 in a short time.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxed: 6th of August 2012
2496:19th of October 2012
Completionist: 30th of October 2012
2595: 25th of September 2013

#13 Kaur

Kaur

• Clan:RSD
  • Team:Team NH

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well considering botting is currently more 'safe' and profitable in 07scape, I can see the bots moving over in no time.
This was just a small battle but the war is far from over.
Posted Image
Coming soon from Jagex Software! Runescape, our massive multiplayer adventure. Trade and communicate with other players. Learn skills to earn money, or if you're brave attempt to find riches in the dungeons. Your charactor will continue to evolve and improve the more you play, with quests to complete for extra rewards. Choose good or evil the choice is entirely yours!

#14 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

This sounds really promising like last time. Can't wait to see this botting technology implemented to 2007 Servers if Jagex ever plans to release it :-D

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 ஃTILA

ஃTILA

wachiturrita

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 27 February 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

This sounds really promising like last time. Can't wait to see this botting technology implemented to 2007 Servers if Jagex ever plans to release it :-D
nooo.
leave rs07 bots alone, no one wants to reach their lvls for a second time! o.O

#16 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

No not everyone that has p2p is playing 07scape.  Only a minority are.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#17 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostGohankuten, on 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

No not everyone that has p2p is playing 07scape.  Only a minority are.
50k players on 07scape, 100k on eocscape. :woeh:

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#18 Santa Kid

Santa Kid

One is an ordinary chap.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostThe duck, on 27 February 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

In fairness that doesn't take into account potential FtP users.

Posted Image

#19 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostMurdoc, on 27 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

True, but it does imply that there are a lot of members on 2007scape servers. Heck, the fact that a percentage of those 100k eocscape players are f2p and not p2p only makes it worse.

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#20 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostThe duck, on 28 February 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

View PostMurdoc, on 27 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

True, but it does imply that there are a lot of members on 2007scape servers. Heck, the fact that a percentage of those 100k eocscape players are f2p and not p2p only makes it worse.
But it is still a minority like I said.  May not be a small a minority but still less people are on 07scape than EoC.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: