Why Emotes, Not Items From Special Events?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sui Cho

Sui Cho

• RS Name:Sui Cho
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:RuneHK

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Certain emotes and items can only be unlocked during special events. The emotes and songs can be unlocked when the event occurs next year but the items are gone for good. Why should Jagex make the emotes and songs can be obtained again, but not the items?

#2 imk

imk

Kìyevame

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Discontinued items have more of a uhhh.. can't think of a word to describe it, but I guess you could say it's "cool" to have discontinued items rather than emotes/songs.

#3 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• RS Name:Waterbender
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

Well, for songs, a completionist cape requires all of them to be unlocked, so that would essentially make the completionist cape unobtainable to anyone missing a holiday song. Thankfully the comp cape doesn't require all emotes (since many have to be bought with rune coins or the loyalty shop), but an emote is different than an item. Imagine someone that actually did want to unlock every emote but always had that 1 or 2 grayed out they could never ever get. I'm bummed I don't have a scythe or bunny ears, but at least I don't see grayed out versions of them every time I open my bank, constantly reminding me that I don't have them. Besides, many discontinued items come with their own emotes attached directly to the item. It's acceptable for an item to be unobtainable, but not something that is essentially a part of upgrading your character.

Edited by Cypher, 25 February 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

[3DS Friend Code: 4785-5458-1412 | Pokemon X and Animal Crossing: New Leaf]

#4 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Not much of a question. Moved to General Discussion.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Because people are simply more interested in/prefer showing-off items. They are readily available and constant reminders to everyone around them that they have done a certain something which, in these kinds of cases, others might not be able to boast about too (for whatever reason). Plus certain ones such as the Easter ring for example come with cool tricks that always dazzle the noobs. Thus Jagex feels it's a much better way to get people to engage with their content.

Most players do not listen to the ingame music anyway, and even more can't be bothered wasting time performing random emotes which can be easily missed too.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: