When Talking About Current Rs Perks In 07Rs....

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Shablo5

Shablo5

A Lone Wanderer

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

All you get is hate. Don't get me wrong, I am excited for old RS. Look at my join date, clearly I played, enjoyed, and stuck around RS for a while, especially in those days. But I am still not so blind as to say the OSS wouldn't benefit from some back end upgrades. Example, nobody complains when they say they're going to implement the current anti-bot system, so why do people throw fits at the idea of fixing the pathing or adding adjustable screens? Would I feel like the game wasn't as authentic if there was a backend option to make the screen size fit my monitor, but could turn it off whenever (And if) I wanted? How does this completely optional change make the game un-authentic, but the anti-bot update doesn't?

This makes no sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the GE, GWD, etc etc. But there are backend changes that improved functionality, even things such as Cook X. It baffles me when people start flaming others when this topic gets brought up.

Does anyone have opinions on why people are so asinine and adamant about this, but again, not about how they'll implement (100%) updated anti-bot measures?
Anti-Clan signatures will not be allowed.  If you have any questions, message me, Scythe355.

#2 Demise

Demise

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Ya I dont see anything wrong with client sided updates such as bank all and such.

#3 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

There's not much discussion about implementing improvements in the gaming engine. In my opinion, 07 Runescape should have all the updates that the current Runescape has in terms of processing engine.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Amor_De_Rey

Amor_De_Rey

There can only be one king.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

People are scare it will become the Runescape 2013, thats the main reason.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 bat3996

bat3996

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

View PostMilktea4me, on 22 February 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

There's not much discussion about implementing improvements in the gaming engine. In my opinion, 07 Runescape should have all the updates that the current Runescape has in terms of processing engine.

I agree. Engine updates just make the game more smooth. Just not any of the actually content updates.
Posted Image

#6 dragginclaws

dragginclaws

• RS Name:dragginclaws
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, i feel like after getting used to the features it has now it will be hard to adjust to not having them now. Another problem i see happening is the community being really bad, most players are grown up and just act like mules from my experience.

#7 Dervyy

Dervyy

Chihuahua Squad Captain

• RS Status:Retired
  • Team:Dont Panic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

I think skill-x, bank tabs and the improved walking-paths updates should be in rs2007. Core, back-end stability and client updates are all we need.

Posted Image

Proud to of been an Ancient Fury | Intro | Future Applicant | Member | Member of the Month | Senior Member | Retired

#8 Earl

Earl

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostDervyy, on 22 February 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

I think skill-x, bank tabs and the improved walking-paths updates should be in rs2007. Core, back-end stability and client updates are all we need.

no. just no.
Posted Image

#9 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostDervyy, on 22 February 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

Just take away the skill-x and that sounds perfect. :-P
Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#10 Pky93

Pky93

PKY

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I dont mind tbh, doesn't really ruin the game so idc lol

#Pkyers @ SwiftIRC

#11 Mr TK

Mr TK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

Well we wanted certain updates and "fixes" and look what happened, I'd rather have it how it is now than not at all again.

Posted ImagePosted Image
My G&A thread
100% 2007 Server Player ;D

#12 Nwa Compton

Nwa Compton

2007 <3

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Personally, I believe it is the generation we live in.  Most of these kids parents grew up in the 60's and 70's.  Do some research on the era and we then have the reason to why our generation is so franked up.  Just my opinion :D

Subscribe to my youtube channel for PK video's and commentaries
http://www.youtube.com/TheNwaCompton
Posted Image

#13 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

The little quality of life updates like tab to reply etc would be nice to be added in since they dont really effect the game play.

Posted Image

#14 bat3996

bat3996

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Bank all and bank search would be nice to have, but I wouldn't want it at the price of changing how the bank screen looks.
Posted Image

#15 DuriusFeral

DuriusFeral

• RS Name:Fadamir
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

The only thing I miss is the current corner minimap that displays LP, Prayer Points, and Run Energy. I never realized how much I use it until now. lol I don't really care about "Quick Prayers" but, nothing I'd really complain about.

#16 _Lonnie_

_Lonnie_

Be nice if time would stop sometimes.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Don't want jagex to do any updates at all. Just simple bug fixes and nothing more. Bots can have a negative effect and is against the rules. Sorry BUT your point is invalid.

Edited by _Lonnie_, 01 March 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Quit Runescape: 2008

Started RSPS: 2009

Jagex can destroy their game, but there will always be fans ready to make a replica!

#17 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Some people are against bringing OSRS to where EoCscape is, these would be things like graphical updates, bank-all, etc.
The thing is, if they do every little update players ask for eventually they'll begin adding up and OSRS will basically be EoCscape, just with less quests, items, training methods and the EoC.

But I don't think anyone who plays the game legitimately wants there to be bots, and that is why almost all legitimate players are in favour of adding anti-bot software. There is no point not to have it, unless you want to cheat the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#18 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

People asked for 2007 servers and Jagex provided an archive of the game exactly as it was during 2007, if you don't like certain elements of the mechanics - tough. Deal with it. You've got your 'golden age' of PvP and so on back, isn't that the point? If you've played through this era without such creature comforts before it's really not beyond you to just sack up and do so again. Like Mr TK hinted at this would just be the first step down the slippery slope.

Anti-bot updates are needed because without them the economy and more would go down the crapter much, much, faster. It's not remotely comparable at all.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#19 ʸᵃʸ

ʸᵃʸ

konnekting rod

• RS Name:Garalon

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Personally, I'd be more inclined to play the servers if we had the modern quality-of-life upgrades.

The modern UI, bank tabs, the bank remembering your last value for "withdraw X". That's about it.

Hell, even just the run/health/prayer bubbles in the corner would be nice.

#20 Nebbo 67

Nebbo 67

Im A KO Monster - CoR P2P Warlord

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

i prefer the old pathing system. no you do not need an adjustable screen.
The new pathing system is terrible for chasing people, your character manages to fall behind another you are chasing even going in straight lines. The old system works perfectly well if you pay even the slightest bit of attention. That was one of the things i hatest most about RS3 before they brought out the eoc. Stop being lazy and l2move.

I would rather pay an additional fee than have the game defiled any more.

Jagex cannot be trusted to produce quality updates for it.
The community cannot be trusted to request quality updates for it.

It is a sad and unfortunate truth. Leave the game as it is... as it was... Perfect.

We wanted 07 scape AS IT WAS.  We now have that, if you want anything else then go play the twisted "eoc".

Edited by Nebbo 67, 01 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

CoR since 10.05.05 Posted Image CoR since 10.05.05
Click for my PK videos (1-5 OLD WILDY): [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: