Thread For Old School Servers Live Q&a Now Open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

As we announced last night, we will be hosting a forum chat on Wednesday the 20th of February at 8pm GMT. This is your opportunity to ask the team about our plans for the return of Old School Servers.
In preparation for this live discussion, we have now opened a specific thread for you to post questions to the team. Head over there now by clicking here.
Don’t forget: everyone who votes before 00:00 GMT on 1st March will get their first month of Old School RuneScape free, regardless of the poll outcome.
Again, congratulations on the return of Old School Servers, if you haven’t yet voted, go to the poll page here.
We look forward to chatting with you at 8pm GMT tomorrow night!
The RuneScape Team

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#2 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

When i try post on forums says only members and qualifying f2p members can post idk how 2491 total doesnt qualify lawl, im probably just forgeting something but i dont really care.

Posted Image

#3 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostBlackenese, on 19 February 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

When i try post on forums says only members and qualifying f2p members can post idk how 2491 total doesnt qualify lawl, im probably just forgeting something but i dont really care.
Do you have an active members account or did you not log in to the site?

Posted Image

#4 Spliffy.

Spliffy.

Aware yourself

• RS Name:James May
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

I also have this issue.
Posted Image
deviantART
PSN - NINE_HUNDRED

#5 Black

Black

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostManga, on 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I am F2P hence i said idk why 2491 total doesnt count as qualifing f2p members and yes i did log in to attempt to post.

Posted Image

#6 Lat.

Lat.

Have Heart.

• RS Name:X0n
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Looks like most of the questions I was going to make were already asked. Hopefully they'll get answered though.

Posted Image

Ex-Zybez DJ and Ex-Zybez20 Member.

Any Questions? PM me.

#7 KG2002

KG2002

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostSpliffy., on 19 February 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

I also have this issue.
Me too. I emailed them about it but I know I'll never get a genuine response.

#8 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostBlackenese, on 19 February 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

View PostManga, on 19 February 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I am F2P hence i said idk why 2491 total doesnt count as qualifing f2p members and yes i did log in to attempt to post.
Maybe it means f2p members who were members recently. I'm as lost as you are. I wish they were not so vague about it.

Posted Image

#9 KG2002

KG2002

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I recommend every one here go to page #23 of the Q&A thread on the Runescape forums, (link in this thread) and scroll down to 'Jarod' s comment and read it. He explains what classic Runescape is and the way it should be. I agree with him completely that it prompted me to share it here. Go check it out. You will not be disappointed.

#10 Amor_De_Rey

Amor_De_Rey

There can only be one king.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostKG2002, on 19 February 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I recommend every one here go to page #23 of the Q&A thread on the Runescape forums, (link in this thread) and scroll down to 'Jarod' s comment and read it. He explains what classic Runescape is and the way it should be. I agree with him completely that it prompted me to share it here. Go check it out. You will not be disappointed.

As soon as I saw people asking for GWD I knew its going to be a repeat if we dont do something about it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Loco.

Loco.
  • Clan:EoS

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I am a free player, how can I qualify to post on the forums?

Free players may post on the forums if they meet certain criteria.
To post on the RuneScape forums, a free player must have a total skill level of 350 or over.
To post on the FunOrb forums, a free player must have at least 42 Achievements.

Guess its just something they didn't edit into this for special occasion

Edited by LocoThugs, 19 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#12 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostAmor_De_Rey, on 19 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

As soon as I saw people asking for GWD I knew its going to be a repeat if we dont do something about it.
GWD was only 2 weeks away from release from the time this server backup was made so it's reasonable for people to ask for GWD.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#13 Hash1

Hash1

Night RIders

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostGohankuten, on 19 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

GWD was only 2 weeks away from release from the time this server backup was made so it's reasonable for people to ask for GWD.
Its reasonable but not good people are already wanting to boost it up in time.
In the beggining we wanted 06 and now people are saying well its 07 so just give us gwd? the point of this server is to get away from the op gear that started to ruin the pking community imo having piety is going to be bad enough...

Posted Image

Ima Jiga Boo

Just cuz you kill Jesse James, Dont mean you Jesse James

#14 æther

æther

Prime. Like.Optimus.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm also having this problem...

Really the only question I'd ask though would be regarding the censor.  It seems like that would be an easy fix and most of us who will play 07scape are older anyway....

Posted Image

#15 Amor_De_Rey

Amor_De_Rey

There can only be one king.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostHash1, on 20 February 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

View PostGohankuten, on 19 February 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

Its reasonable but not good people are already wanting to boost it up in time.
In the beggining we wanted 06 and now people are saying well its 07 so just give us gwd? the point of this server is to get away from the op gear that started to ruin the pking community imo having piety is going to be bad enough...

This ^

The main reason we are going through all this trouble is to keep it strictly 07, before GWD, before GE, before Wilderness removal, no more no less. The only update I would like to see is bug fixes and anti bot things, anything else should stay the same, if it does not, we'll repeat the cycle once again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 JessyU

JessyU

• RS Name:HeyitsJessy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

My guess is they did not allow free players to ask questions on this thread because they want to entice them to buy membership and they dont want a ton of questions asking "why can't free players vote!@!"|

Nobody told the sheep, that they outnumber the wolves.

#17 Kisame

Kisame

• RS Status:Member

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

GWD was added a few weeks after this 2007 backup? Holy crap, time flies. I thought GWD came around 2009-2010.

#18 Replay 2007

Replay 2007

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Jagex simply cannot realise that there are no extra server costs for them. If lots of people start playing Oldschool, they won't play on normal servers at the same time, so they can shut down some.

There's also no need for any development teams. That was the Golden Age of RS. I'm afraid, that they are about to slowly implement new updates we don't really want, as they did so many times.

#19 Hash1

Hash1

Night RIders

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostReplay 2007, on 20 February 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Jagex simply cannot realise that there are no extra server costs for them. If lots of people start playing Oldschool, they won't play on normal servers at the same time, so they can shut down some.

There's also no need for any development teams. That was the Golden Age of RS. I'm afraid, that they are about to slowly implement new updates we don't really want, as they did so many times.
As little trust as i have in jagex (and by little i mean absolutely none)
I dont think they will update this. They realise the people playing this are playing it because they are absolutely fed up with them. They are doing this for the money above all remember that. Look at their servers no world is ever close to full and f2p has completely fallen off. This is their chance to return alot of players say like the whole pk community? the pure community? and even some skillers. They wont risk angering these groups again and completely losing us again (by us i do mean our money)

Posted Image

Ima Jiga Boo

Just cuz you kill Jesse James, Dont mean you Jesse James

#20 italia

italia

Bomb Squad Unit

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

servers come out friday

Proud founder & Leader of Don't Panic
Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/DontPanicRs