• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Jaacco

Jaacco

• RS Name:Jaacco
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

The RuneScape Bestiary (free players and members)

This week, we're really excited to give you a glimpse at the next generation of RuneScape. We've created a new feature for the RuneScape website which lets you browse almost 3,000 of RuneScape's monsters and NPCs: the RuneScape Bestiary.

Each one is viewable in full 3D using our new HTML5 graphics engine - RuneTek 7 - which you'll be seeing much more of once we launch it for RuneScape later in the year. You can rotate, zoom and animate all of the available characters, share your favourites on Facebook, search for specific ones and view a variety of information about each of them, including:
  • Combat levels
  • Combat weaknesses
  • Life points
  • Slayer category
  • Where they can be found in-game.
As this is our very first reveal of this technology to the community, we're running the Bestiary as a beta. This means that you may experience crashes or other odd behaviour while you're using it. We'll be collecting error reports and usage statistics to help us make the technology stable and ready for the full release, but we need your help too. Send us bug reports when you experience issues using the Bestiary, and - as always - give us your feedback on the forums.

This is the first glimpse of the awesome upgrades coming within RuneScape which include upgraded graphics and draw distances, a smoother play experience, an amazing new top-level interface and - in the long run - compatibility with touch-screen devices. Now's the time to start getting your voice heard so we can make the new RuneScape the game that you want to see!

Have fun, and look out for an early-access beta of the new RuneScape graphics engine in the next few months.

The RuneScape Team

How to access the RuneScape Bestiary:

You can try out the beta version of the RuneScape Bestiary here.

Requirements:

To use the Bestiary, you will need to be running a recent version of Google's Chrome web browser. We're working on getting the Bestiary working with other browsers, but - at the moment - Chrome is the only browser with the full support for HTML5 that the Bestiary needs.
Chrome's already the most popular browser among RuneScape players, so you may well have it installed already. If not, you can get the latest version here.
With an up-to-date version of Chrome installed, we've found that the Bestiary works nicely on the following operating systems:
  • Windows: XP, Vista, 7 and 8
  • Mac OSX
  • Linux
  • Android 4.0 and above*
*For now, you'll need to download the beta version of Chrome for Android to get the Bestiary working.
Unfortunately, Chrome on iOS does not support the technology we require. As such, it's not possible to view the Bestiary on an iPad or iPhone at this time.

Behind the Scenes Video

Take a look at our latest Behind the Scenes video:

In Other News
  • A certain resident of Rellekka has been out of sorts lately. Why not head over there and see if you can help out?
  • There's an intriguing archaeological dig happening near the Legends' Guild. Head on over and take a look!
  • In response to your feedback, we've changed two low-population worlds into skill total worlds. From now on, the worlds listed below will only be accessible to RuneScape members with the corresponding total skill levels:
    • World 30: 2000
    • World 48: 2400
  • We have also labelled World 134 as a gathering place for those wishing to take part in the Sinkholes D&D.
  • Sinkholes will now appear in the world more frequently: once per hour, rather then once every two hours.
The patch notes archive can be seen here.

Posted Image

Senior Moderator - Clan Discussion Leader
PM me if you need assistance.

#2 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Finally +2k skill worlds. Just because of that it's a good change ^^

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#3 Murdoc

Murdoc

D-FENS

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

To use the Bestiary, you will need to be running a recent version of Google's Chrome web browser. We're working on getting the Bestiary working with other browsers, but - at the moment - Chrome is the only browser with the full support for HTML5 that the Bestiary needs.
Product placement ftw

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#4 aqarwaen

aqarwaen

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

why it says update was added 16 hours ago??

#5 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Sinkholes will now appear in the world more frequently: once per hour, rather then once every two hours.

It originally was once per hour, then they switched to 2 hrs, now they switch back?

I'm almost 2.3k total, need to do some more skilling for dat 2.4k world!

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#6 The Epoch

The Epoch

Completionist

• RS Name:The Epoch

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

The certain resident in Relleka you speak to is Thorvald if anyone's interested.

#7 Saxo

Saxo

• RS Name:Saxo

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Bestiary looks pretty good, would rather just use rswiki or something though as it doesn't take as long to load up.

About time 2.4k worlds were added aswell

#8 Mikuri

Mikuri

♥ Flowing love ~

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yay! 2400+ worlds :D
Good news to me, can't wait to get home to test the beastiary.
Apple sucks at blocking web apps.. Chrome on iOS is a skin of Safari, that's why it doesn't work for people wondering.
Posted Image

#9 Sefket

Sefket

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postaqarwaen, on 18 February 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

That's what I wondered.

#10 Manga

Manga

『  』

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

18th February 2013

Graphical:
  • The catapult firing animation now plays correctly in Castle Wars.
  • The golf clap emote no longer causes players who are moving to appear to stand still.
  • Grubor’s skin tone now appears correctly.
  • Bonzo’s jaw now displays correctly.
  • Some issues with Dionysius’ and Zenevivia’s jaws have been fixed.
  • The fog in Burthorpe is now the correct colour.
  • The inventory icons for the noted and un-noted Rune 2h swords have been fixed.
  • Players can no longer walk inside the flags just outside of the Al Kharid bank.
  • A Christmas event tree in Falador has been replaced with a non-snow covered tree.
  • Sheathed books now sit on your hip instead of floating aimlessly somewhere near your hip.

Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
  • It is now possible to re-enter the Arboretum from the outside to talk to Vanescula Draken during the 'Branches of Darkmeyer' quest.
  • The quest journal for The Fremennik Trials now uses consistent punctuation.
  • The abstract mural now gives clearer message depending on your progress through the Fremennik Trials quest.
  • A typo in the Legacy of Seergaze has been corrected.
  • The combat level of the imps in the Imp Catcher quest has been added to the Quest start interface.

Skills & Minigames:
  • A typo in the Sinkholes D&D has been corrected.
  • Players no longer have their Dominion Tower interfaces closed when they leave combat after killing a boss.
  • Players will now receive the points they are due if they lose membership inside the Runespan.

Combat:
  • Players dying at the Kalphite King should no longer have their Kept on Death interface closed if they died during a certain attack.
  • The lucky versions of Armadyl chestplate and Bandos chestplate now have the same damage bonus as their non-lucky versions.
  • The Bandos runite plateskirt Defence requirement has been brought into line with other similar items.
  • Armadyl buckler will now give you the correct message when trying to use it with a Defence stat lower than 70.
  • Mami Rimba has caught up with the times and now accurately describes the special abilities of Bakriminel bolts.

Other:
  • A small noise now plays when a Slayer contract is completed.
  • The damage caused by the elven traps has been increased.
  • Implings can no longer fly through rocks in Al Kharid.
  • Certain pieces of equipment no longer have two "remove" options on the equip interface.
  • The game chat filter now hides cooking messages in Dungeoneering.
  • Pyre logs now have the correct requirements listed in the Skill Advance Guide.
  • The Onyx amulet now has the correct level requirement listed in the Skill Advance Guide.
  • A typo on the signposts pointing to Gunnarsgrunn has been fixed.
  • The Crafting interface for Sea singer armour now correctly states on the scrolls that it is a hood not a headband.
  • Special pets no longer remove the players inventory panel if they fail to enter their Bank PIN.
  • The Customization interface now aligns the category text correctly when opened via certain NPCs.
  • The Dragon keepsake box no longer shows an item as activated when a player equips the same item without activating the keepsake box.
  • The Skill Advance Guide has been updated to reflect that the Saradomin's Murmur has a level 70 Ranged requirement.
  • A warning before entering the Wilderness from the Frozen Fortress has been added.
  • The information pane on the Player Owned Ports armour crafting stations has been updated to display the correct armour value of items that the player will see.
  • The traits 'Fast Learner' and 'Slow Witted' now work correctly in Player-Owned Ports.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#11 Dannnyy

Dannnyy

Blackpool FC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

There's an intriguing archaeological dig happening near the Legends' Guild. Head on over and take a look!

The World Wakes teaser. Can't wait for this. :woeh:
Posted Image
Posted Image
                War Is Coming - Transformer Universe
                                The New Browser Based MMO From Jagex

#12 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Bomb Squad Unit

• RS Name:Robinhoodrs

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostSefket, on 18 February 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

That's what I wondered.

News posts are written up in advance and then checked and double checked on the day its meant for release. ;-)

Posted Image

#13 Pky93

Pky93

PKY

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Damn looks good

#Pkyers @ SwiftIRC

#14 Sefket

Sefket

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostRobinhoodrs, on 18 February 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

That's what I wondered.

News posts are written up in advance and then checked and double checked on the day its meant for release. ;-)

Oh I see. How do you know though?

#15 ~ Darky ~

~ Darky ~

• RS Name:XsDarknesssX

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Bestiaries on other sites like Zybez are infinitely more useful because they provide way more information.  It is also a pain to load the one on runescape.com because they were more worried about making it look pretty then it actually helping anyone.

Completionist Cape Owner

#16 Heavens Gate

Heavens Gate

Leads to

• RS Name:RunezScape

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Awesome lead up!

2400+ world Lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Bomb Squad Unit

• RS Name:Robinhoodrs

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostSefket, on 18 February 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

View PostRobinhoodrs, on 18 February 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

That's what I wondered.

Oh I see. How do you know though?

Because its the same if I were to make a topic on Zybez and had a Mod to hide it for me until it was ready, the date shown of when it was posted would be the day I started making it, not the actual day it went public.

Same rules apply with how Jagex make their news posts.

Posted Image

#18 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Do you need to log in in order to see quest-related monsters? Wanted to see what the Culinaromancer looks like in 2013 but unfortunately I couldn't find him. :-(

View PostRashy, on 03 November 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

The duck is Justin Bieber in disguise. He's spying on us. Ban now!

Posted Image

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#19 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

That 2400+ world sounds pretty hilarious. That might turn into my main world if it has low enough Ping.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski

Member of the Midnight Crew

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Can't say I'm too fussed about viewing the monsters but it's a nice addition nevertheless.

The World Wakes teaser looks good though, can't wait to see what that quest is all about.

Posted Image

Retired Global Moderator | Retired Achievements Co-Leader | Retired Aotm Leader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: