• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Devil King93

Devil King93

• RS Name:Dk93
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Jaja

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

I hear some people saying that you have to start all over on a new account in the old servers. Is this true? If it is personally The economy will be very different if this is true...people will not even be able to go directly to train if they have to start over. Rather they would have to get money by skilling to make money for the armour/food/pots/etc. Not to mention item prices will be very high due to lack of supplies.

So is this true that you have to start fresh bank wise and skill wise?

If so, what do you guys think?

Edited by devil_king93, 16 February 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image

Ex-Terminal Ftw Member
Ex-Critical Damage Council
Ex-RoT Member
Current JaJa

#2 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yes, basically what you're asking is true.
As far as I understand, you get the same login info (username, password) but you have a fresh account. No items, no skills.
I assume people will be racing to 85 slayer for whip drops, and to level 44/91 for nature runes because you need them to alch, and alch'ing is how a lot of the GP comes into the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#3 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Depending on bots, the income of certain might be faster or slower, especially regarding things like ores, logs and rune/pure essence. Needless to say there is going to take a while to build a balanced economy, which doesn't seem a bad thing. Even though many players were here in 2007 version of the game, very few players were here in the beginning of runescape 2, which was when the economy was created.

Just because of that, the first months/year of 2007scape will be very interesting. Even considering bots moving into it with us players.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#4 iMagiaErebea

iMagiaErebea

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Yup, imo this is what will make this interesting before clanning and pking take over. I already have my own plans on what markets to try and monopolize :thumbsup:

#5 Aceman

Aceman

The King

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

That would be half the fun to be honest.

#6 Medtron 67

Medtron 67

Yes, i also like to live dangerously.

• RS Name:Medtron 67
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

i guess people forgot how fun it is to actually have to earn levels the hard way and earn gp the hard way, everyone is complaining about it but come on this is what we've wanted for a while now what did they expect everything to go back to 2007 and u have everything for urself, ive been playing since classic but quit months before EoC, when 2007scape comes back i will definately make a new account purely because i enjoyed earning things the tough way and not just being able to walk all over the game and go straight to the top, ill be sad to not use my 126 but who cares, i do love pures :D

Posted Image

Medtron 67

#7 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it'll be when people have to start from scratch and without a Grand Exchange. This is going to be one heck of an adventure, but hopefully people know what they're getting themselves into.

Things that people will definitively capitalize on:
  • 85 Slayer for Abyssal Whips
  • 85 Mining/85+ Smithing for Rune Pickaxes/Axes and Rune Armor
  • 91 Runecrafting for Double Nature Runes (ZMI wasn't released)

Edited by Milktea4me, 16 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

Bomb Squad Unit

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Completes Dragon Slayer, buys full Rune and Green D'hide from the store. For around 200k? :#

Edited by Robinhoodrs, 16 February 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image

| Singles PKing Team | www.dontpanicrs.com | #DontPanic |

#9 Flourishing

Flourishing

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostMilktea4me, on 16 February 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it'll be when people have to start from scratch and without a Grand Exchange. This is going to be one heck of an adventure, but hopefully people know what they're getting themselves into.

With regards to Rune bars, I see it as much more likely they'll be introduced initially via folks Impling hunting (which will be huge due to Herb Seeds, very alchable rewards etc).

#10 soulreaver z

soulreaver z

Ouch.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

The pickaxe dude under Ice Mountain would sell all of the pickaxes, but yeah the demand for rune items is going to be insane. The biggest suppliers of it at the beginning would be people who do clue scolls, I think.
Posted Image

99 range - 7/21/05
99 hits - 8/1/06

#11 Gohankuten

Gohankuten

Master of all Wills & Quests

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postzoth01, on 16 February 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Depending on bots, the income of certain might be faster or slower, especially regarding things like ores, logs and rune/pure essence. Needless to say there is going to take a while to build a balanced economy, which doesn't seem a bad thing. Even though many players were here in 2007 version of the game, very few players were here in the beginning of runescape 2, which was when the economy was created.

Just because of that, the first months/year of 2007scape will be very interesting. Even considering bots moving into it with us players.
The economy was already fairly well off at the beginning of runescape 2 since everything from classic was carried over cept for a few accounts that decided not to transfer over.  The economy was created when rs classic was created and there are even fewer of those players still around that can remember actually creating the economy.  I was here for the transition between classic and rs2 and while there was a massive change in the economy it already had it's foundation built from the 3 years of classic beforehand.  In fact the value of gp should be higher than it is currently due to how little there will be at the start.

Then again I don't really care bout the economy for 07scape since I wont touch it since I know it will fail.  Sure there may be a few that keep playing it forever like with classic server but generally it will become deserted and you will hardly see a soul online after a couple months at most is what I predict.

Edited by Gohankuten, 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Thanks to Arno for the +1
Thanks to Teelex for the +2
954th Person To 99 Hunter
Master of all Wills and Quests
Posted Image

#12 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yea. That is going to certainly be interesting. Half the people are gonna want to train combat (such as myself) but they need the armor and weapons to do so. Here is where mining/smithing comes in (at least for the first month  or two, where everyone is at mith to rune armor). The miners/smithers will be making a good amount of money. That's pretty much all I'm worried about. Once you have a rune set + rune weapon, you can be self sufficient. Fish for your food & cook at the same time. Camp Karamja. I was f2p for most of my time but I'm sure there are some good p2p camping spots too (where you don't have to bank).

View PostRobinhoodrs, on 16 February 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Completes Dragon Slayer, buys full Rune and Green D'hide from the store. For around 200k? :#
That's if you are lucky enough to find it in stock lol

View PostGohankuten, on 16 February 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

View Postzoth01, on 16 February 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

The economy was already fairly well off at the beginning of runescape 2 since everything from classic was carried over cept for a few accounts that decided not to transfer over.  The economy was created when rs classic was created and there are even fewer of those players still around that can remember actually creating the economy.  I was here for the transition between classic and rs2 and while there was a massive change in the economy it already had it's foundation built from the 3 years of classic beforehand.  In fact the value of gp should be higher than it is currently due to how little there will be at the start.

Then again I don't really care bout the economy for 07scape since I wont touch it since I know it will fail.  Sure there may be a few that keep playing it forever like with classic server but generally it will become deserted and you will hardly see a soul online after a couple months at most is what I predict.
The economy in pre-Wilderness Runescape (rs didn't have a wilderness when released, rather it had pvp all over the map) was highly controlled by the miners and smithers. Even before rune armor was released and having an addy plate was considered pretty rare. Bluerose13x built a monopoly when rune was released. She had people that would supply her. pretty much everyone was self sufficient because you had no other option. Clans played a big role 'cuz back then pvp was all over the map.. so you had to roll in a "team" / "group" otherwise you got killed. unless you chose to be a non-player killer which not many did

Posted Image

Runescape Classic Fact Sheet
Very interesting. 150000+ views, 600+ replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: