What's Going To Be Your Starting Strategy For Runescape 2007?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Lat.

Lat.

Have Heart.

• RS Name:X0n
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Seeing that we already have 95,000 votes in favor of the 2007 servers, the 'Old' Runescape is confirmed that it is going to happen.

With that being said, on these new servers we will be starting completely from scratch. Not only will we have to work our way up from level three, we also have to build an entire economy with it. It's safe to say that within the first year (or even longer), Runescape's economy will be severely unstable, thus forcing you to practically be a DIY account. What is the game plan for starting out your new account. Aiming for 99 everything? Have a certain skill that you want to achieve a high ranking in? Are you focused on money, quests, or just creating an account with the absolute necessities to PK?

Just interested to hear the responses, I feel that I will be starting out in attempt to get Runecrafting up. Apologies for grammar, I haven't been on a forum in ages.

View PostLat., on 16 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

My plan so far:
  • Finish tutorial island and grab enough runes at the end to last me awhile.
  • Rush some sort of item spawn that sells well in the General Store (You'll have to find that out on your own. :thumbsup:)
  • Get about 25k worth of that item and sell to the General Store.
  • Go to the tunnels under Fally and get every Pickaxe up to Addy.
  • Buy swords from the Store in Al-Kharid and/or Weapon Shop in Varrock.
  • Go to Karamja and kill imps until you have every bead, and then go and kill cows for bones. (For Imp Catcher and Rune Mysteries)
  • Do Rune Mysteries and Imp Catcher
  • Mine Rune Essence until 15 mining.
  • Grab 6 clay, 4 Copper, and Two Iron.
  • Complete Doric's Quest for extra mining experience.
  • Continue mining rune essence until 40 Mining.
  • Switch to Pure Essence and grab about 5k essence.
  • Craft the runes, making mostly earth and body runes, and potentially nature runes.
  • Obtain 55 Magic with Confuse/Weaken/Curse (body/earth runes and a water staff).
    I can just skip Confuse and go straight to Weaken because of Imp Catcher magic exp reward.
  • With 55 magic, I will be able to do all of the essential quests (Fight Arena, Grand Tree, Tree Gnome Village, Merlin's Crystal, and Maybe Holy Grail)
  • Afterwards, I will have enough Quest Points to complete Dragon slayer for Rune Plate Capabilities, and work my way up from there.
It'll mostly consist of Mining/Runecrafting/Questing/Slaying.

EDIT: If anyone wants to improve upon it, feel free to post.

Edited by Lat., 17 February 2013 - 11:31 PM.

Posted Image

Ex-Zybez DJ and Ex-Zybez20 Member.

Any Questions? PM me.

#2 Loco.

Loco.
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm not sure, I started rs in 2005 and by then there were already supplies around. Will be interesting

#3 Goz

Goz

I Got It

• RS Name:Goz
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Not entirely sure yet, probs start out as a 1 def pure and slowly turn it into a main as the game progresses. Will most likely have to DIY everything so I'll need more than the minimum skill reqs.

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#4 Techniqueee

Techniqueee

Techniqueee

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I think i might mainly aim for slayer if i actually do play and Quests Fast for the free xp..

#5 iiw pk w i i

iiw pk w i i

• RS Name:Im Nate

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I will be going for 91 Rc and 99 Rc and hopefully be one of the first people to achieve it. That will make me some bank, like 655k nats to 91 and another 1.6M Nats from 91-99, should set me for a very very long time on the server and at that point I'll work towards being a maxed out tank. I'll also probably have a 2nd acc that I'll work on when I'm bored of my main or double log. Will start out as a 50 att g maul pure and I will eventually turn into a 60 att piety acc.

A great thing about this is you don't NEED to be maxed or near maxed stats to compete, train for a month or so and go pk with 50 att 70 str and you will probably still be able to ko people quite easily as shark will be expensive to pk with again.

Edited by iiw pk w i i, 15 February 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#6 Murphy Lee50

Murphy Lee50

Can't Tell I'm OG?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

fishing, minning, slayer and combat

EDIT: OHH AND QUESTS! another time for monkey madness anyone? res for disaster? LOL

Edited by Murphy Lee50, 15 February 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

• RS Name:hoohaa
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'll probably stay a level 3 and get all the skills req'd for most quests and then decide what sort of pking account I'll make it

#8 pro rwina

pro rwina

• RS Name:A ziz
  • Clan:none

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

get those p hats
-

#9 Lat.

Lat.

Have Heart.

• RS Name:X0n

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

What is something that I can sell to the general store that is reasonably priced for some starting cash?

Posted Image

Ex-Zybez DJ and Ex-Zybez20 Member.

Any Questions? PM me.

#10 insane_pk

insane_pk

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

40 attack, 80+str  1def   80+range 80mage

then make the GP

AFTER THAT ill decide what kind of account ill make it
Australian Army Ending Member -  ~ AA #1 Australian Pking & Warring Clan ~

Eruption Of Pures Member - #1 Pure Clan & Most Hated

#11 Lafayette

Lafayette

Yuuki ♥

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

i won't even be playing that but have fun doing so.
Posted Image

#12 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

View Postiiw pk w i i, on 15 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

I will be going for 91 Rc and 99 Rc and hopefully be one of the first people to achieve it.

That seems a great idea....until you realize that without bots it will be a PAIN to get all the pure essence you need :P

My plans (if I happen to play it, still not sure):

- Train skills for majority of quests: xp and rewards are useful
- Gathering skills and SAVE materials. This is because people won't have money to buy 99 buyables in the first months, so might stock loads of it (or use it myself, example fish to 99 cooking)
- Train slayer after I've made some skilling for the drops, at least so I can farm aberrant specters and get herb seeds for farming.

My plans just don't include the bots, I have no idea how they will work out in the server, but one thing is for sure: spots will be eventually full since we won't have as many worlds I guess. And likely no anti-bot modern tech.

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#13 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'll most likely be looking into training a lot of combat because that's what really stood apart from most of the content that a bit different than current Runescape. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing that old animation of Mining. Very nostalgic for me :-D

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Shaannee

Shaannee

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'll probably end up Slaying. Maybe make it a pure, but all the while Slaying for stats. Hopefully be among the first for whips. :)

Posted Image-
[99 Slayer][99 Ranger]

#15 Saxton Hale

Saxton Hale

• RS Name:Saxton Hale

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I won't be starting again (must prepare for thumbs down). The first time i quit the game was in 2007 as i found it dull and out dated then having to start from scratch in a system i disliked 5.5 years ago is well pointless.

Enjoy your system that was outdated at the time 5.5 years later.

Edited by Dk_proska8, 15 February 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#16 ali159

ali159

الله اكبر,

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postpro rwina, on 15 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

get those p hats
habib albe my boi aziz share  i tbed
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Rarez

Rarez

RSC & RS2 Fact Sheet

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

I wonder who is going to be the new Bluerose13x. It will be an interesting economy.. that's for sure. Much like when Slayer was first released and whips were hot crap. No-one had them and not many had ever seen one. One thing is for sure though -- many will experience the good old days of training with a Dragon Scimi or Dlong haha.. Good thing is alot of the players don't know jackshizzle about the old Runescape and won't know where to go to train. Muahahahhaha!!! Training combat was much different back then... love it.

I will probably be a combat geek. Try to get the highest level possible like I did way back in 04-05 lol. Back when being a high level was an actual term that mattered and even seeing a 120+ was rare and amazing. Love those days.

Edited by Rarez, 15 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image

Runescape Classic Fact Sheet
Very interesting. 150000+ views, 600+ replies

#18 Adorned Fate

Adorned Fate

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

i wont have much time so ill only be casually playing and economy will hopefully get off the ground prettty quick but i intend to slay and train up all combat stats to 70 and hit up barrows/dks

Posted Image

#19 No2h

No2h

Officially quit RuneScape.

• RS Name:No2h
  • Clan:E Nergnhnef

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'm gonna do slayer and aim to be the highest combat i can get :d hopefully ill be one of the first to get the drops like gmaul/rune boots/whips/dbows and make mad bank :d im sure all the herbs will be worth a lot too. slayer looks like the best route to me atm.

Posted Image

#20 iMagiaErebea

iMagiaErebea

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Oh whatever, no point in hiding it. Since it's going to be probably several months before anyone comes close to 80 crafting, I plan on getting a little agility, 60 mage, then grinding straight to 83 hunter for d imps, ninjas, and magpies. I imagine that to be the fastest way to get quite a bit of stuff like glories flowing into the economy and if you're the first to get them, you make the prices. Might try a little construction to get toy mice since this is before they were nerfed.

Edited by iMagiaErebea, 16 February 2013 - 09:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: