Jump to content


Old School Runescape Servers: Poll Now Live


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

    Member

  • Posts:5,673
  • Joined:27-March 10
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

In his recent news post, Mark Gerhard announced that - with enough support - we would release dedicated old-school servers, where nostalgia-hungry players and retro fans would be able enjoy RuneScape as it was back in 2007.

The poll to gauge interest in 2007 servers is now live, and will remain open until 00:00 GMT on the 1st of March 2013. If you're a RuneScape member, and you'd like to show your interest in the return of Old School RuneScape, head on over to our poll page now and give your support!

Any questions? Take a look at our FAQ.

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

"Your tenacity is admirable, but pointless."


Posted Image


#2 Shoyez

Shoyez

    Dont take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

  • Posts:794
  • Joined:06-October 07
  • RS Name:taste pixels
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:none

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Managed to get two votes off, turns out i haven't cancelled membership on an old account... Fingers crossed! Reckon we'll get 50, but would be nice to get more.

They're going up fairly fast atm

Edited by Shoyez, 15 February 2013 - 06:20 AM.


My Tank thread


"man its hard to kill chickens"
Posted Image

#3 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

    Member

  • Posts:3,190
  • Joined:06-October 10
  • RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Would be nice to have it no extra membership fee, Might go get members tomorrow and vote.

#4 Robinhoodrs

Robinhoodrs

    Bomb Squad Unit

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

By midnight GMT I think we would have around 100k votes.

I was the 136th person to vote. :-D

Posted Image


| Singles PKing Team | www.dontpanicrs.com | #DontPanic |


#5 gg xd

gg xd

    Member

  • Posts:55
  • Joined:30-June 11
  • RS Name:gg xd
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

How realistic do you guys think the 500k would be? Are there any numbers on active subs as it's a members only vote?

Doubt I'd pay extra to play on the 2007 servers.

Disregard that,
http://www.gifsforum...rand/indone.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Edited by gg xd, 21 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.


#6 Magick

Magick

    outrageous

  • Posts:11,290
  • Joined:28-November 08
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

I think it will manage 250-500k votes, 750k seems like too much of a stretch.

Posted Image


#7 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

    Member

  • Posts:3,190
  • Joined:06-October 10
  • RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostMagick, on 15 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I think it will manage 250-500k votes, 750k seems like too much of a stretch.
Somebody told me that 1.8M accounts are currently members, Obviously alot are bots but most will vote on their bot accounts aswell.
Should be reachable

#8 Murdoc

Murdoc

    D-FENS

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Going up pretty damn fast, eh.

Posted Image
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”


#9 Magick

Magick

    outrageous

  • Posts:11,290
  • Joined:28-November 08
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostKettlechips4, on 15 February 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

View PostMagick, on 15 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I think it will manage 250-500k votes, 750k seems like too much of a stretch.
Somebody told me that 1.8M accounts are currently members, Obviously alot are bots but most will vote on their bot accounts aswell.
Should be reachable
Yes, but how many of those were really playing as far back as 2007? I would not say up to half.

Posted Image


#10 Kettlechips4

Kettlechips4

    Member

  • Posts:3,190
  • Joined:06-October 10
  • RS Name:hoohaa
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:uokm8
  • Team:GG

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostMagick, on 15 February 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostKettlechips4, on 15 February 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

View PostMagick, on 15 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I think it will manage 250-500k votes, 750k seems like too much of a stretch.
Somebody told me that 1.8M accounts are currently members, Obviously alot are bots but most will vote on their bot accounts aswell.
Should be reachable
Yes, but how many of those were really playing as far back as 2007? I would not say up to half.
That doesn't mean they wouldn't want to try it, Most of them will just vote so they get the 1st month free and see if they like it anyway. They've got nothing to lose by voting.

#11 Magick

Magick

    outrageous

  • Posts:11,290
  • Joined:28-November 08
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostKettlechips4, on 15 February 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

View PostMagick, on 15 February 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

View PostKettlechips4, on 15 February 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

View PostMagick, on 15 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I think it will manage 250-500k votes, 750k seems like too much of a stretch.
Somebody told me that 1.8M accounts are currently members, Obviously alot are bots but most will vote on their bot accounts aswell.
Should be reachable
Yes, but how many of those were really playing as far back as 2007? I would not say up to half.
That doesn't mean they wouldn't want to try it, Most of them will just vote so they get the 1st month free and see if they like it anyway. They've got nothing to lose by voting.
True. I guess let us hope they see it that way.

Posted Image


#12 » Caudery

» Caudery

    ¢αυ∂єяу 13

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

Literally refreshing the page adds 100 votes. Should be good.

Posted Image


#13 Jioxas

Jioxas

    Member

  • Posts:2,019
  • Joined:02-March 07
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

If you vote yes, you get first month of 2007 servers membership free.

Posted Image


Mercedes GP Petronas Formula 1 Team Supporter
Liverpool F.C. Supporter


#14 Goz

Goz

    I Got It

  • Posts:633
  • Joined:05-October 07
  • RS Name:Goz
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:VR
  • Team:Goz Gang

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Vote #911 checking in.
Will easily get 100k votes. I think the 500k mark will be a huge stretch. But 200-300k is quite possible.

[Violent Resolution] http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

Posted Image

Posted Image

League of Legends NA @ WSTN

Spoiler

#15 spoonheb

spoonheb

    Friendly Ghost

  • Posts:3,433
  • Joined:15-January 12
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

View Postgg xd, on 15 February 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

How realistic do you guys think the 500k would be? Are there any numbers on active subs as it's a members only vote?

As of 3 days ago, there were over 1.35M accounts on the highscores with a total level of around 1054 or more.

View PostJioxas, on 15 February 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

If you vote yes, you get first month of 2007 servers membership free.
You get the first month free regardless, if you vote yes or don't vote.

As of posting this topics 30 mins old and the poll is a little under 8k votes.

Posted Image


Posted Image


~It's too late if it burns when you pee


#16 Ploxis

Ploxis

    Be My Noah

  • Posts:450
  • Joined:09-October 10
  • RS Name:Ploxis
  • RS Status:Member
  • Team:Euphoria

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

*
POPULAR

Though I won't be playing  on the servers (no time to start over again) I voted.

It won't harm me in the current game and I want to support the people who want this.

Posted ImageRetired Official of Euphoria, Elite 07 Warring Team


And I can't change, Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to, And I can't change
Even if I tried, Even if I wanted to


Ending Posted ImageCouncil of Forsaken, the #1 GMT-clan 2010-2012


Spoiler

#17 Boot

Boot

    The one and only

  • Posts:1,181
  • Joined:19-November 06
  • RS Name:Il Boot Il
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I voted yes just so people would stop complaining for it back. As soon as it comes back, people will realize that nostalgia will only go so far but the real part of the game they missed was the community, which won't be coming back. It's exactly like free trade, when they removed it, it pretty much killed the game. When it came back, everyone thought all the great people who quit when it was gone would come back, but only a small portion of them did.

To each is own I guess, but 2007scape won't necessarily bring life back into this game as much as people would hope.

Posted Image


#18 Focus Singed

Focus Singed

    o

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostPloxis, on 15 February 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Though I won't be playing  on the servers (no time to start over again) I voted.

It won't harm me in the current game and I want to support the people who want this.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Voted obviously.

Posted Image

  

#19 Dave.

Dave.

    Don't ask for respect. Earn it

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Already 13k votes, who knows?

Proud Genesis Posted ImageCouncil | Ex Crimson Raiders Posted ImageMember of the Month

Posted Image


#20 B4rtek

B4rtek

    Junior Member

  • Posts:1
  • Joined:15-February 13

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Check point 13b if u want free vote :)

http://www.jagex.com...istance_selling




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: