We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Why'd You Join?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Happiness is ephemeral, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well, this is more so just a topic to break in the new board and hopefully get some discussion going. Nevertheless, it's still an interesting question. There's quite literally hundreds of clans to choose from, so what made ZybezNet your choice of clan?

When TS pretty much kicked the bucket, I was contemplating joining ZybezNet mostly because of the following reasons

Spoiler

Of course, most of my old clan mates jumped ship to another clan and many mates that I haven't seen for a while were there, and I was all like "Hell yeah! Sign me up!" and thus, I joined PvE Hit Squad. Well, that's enough out of me. Let's hear your story. Why'd you pick ZybezNet as your clan? Do you enjoy being in it?

Ramu edit: This is for the clan in game, not the forums. You just look really stupid if you talk about joining the forums.

#2 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

When asked about something that I did 2 years ago...the reasons aren't apparent. There were no flying citadels, avatars, or ranking system back then.

I never actually started searching for clans. It's quite the opposite. I guess why I was interested was because Zybez was my favorite site for RS help and info. How could I ignore it? It was the first site I stumbled over when looking for guides. I liked it, always used it for quests and calcs early on in membership (until RSwiki came along :innocent: ). Part of that reason is that our clan has a relaxed atmosphere. Yes, we have rules, but you are allowed to chat about anything that doesn't break them. As a long-term member, I wouldn't be leaving this clan for a while, maybe never. This is still my favorite community. It was only rather recently that I began actively posting on these forums.

The name "Zybez" is censored because our community is awesome :-D!

zHsjHb9.png?17UHJ5hb.png?17Y47EXz.png?1

Achievements, Questions, Marketplace Staff • Zchat Team • Zybeznet Team Leader

Global Forum Moderator

"Good things come to those who do not suck." - Ramuhitsuji

kRV29fz.png

#3 Duckysaurus

Duckysaurus

Admiral

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostTS Togusa, on 09 February 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

There's quite literally hundreds of clans to choose from, so what made ZybezNet your choice of clan?

I don't know B-)

I was just in it one day :-D

View PostTS Togusa, on 09 February 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Why'd you pick ZybezNet as your clan? Do you enjoy being in it?

I suppose so. I would have left if I didn't.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Tee 3

Tee 3

d00d!

• RS Name:Tee 3
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybeznet

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

I got lonely and bored after my small clan (mostly just close friends) broke up, and since I was a CL for guides and pretty active on RSC I decided that I might as well join Zybeznet as a way to get more involved with the community and actually talk to some of the guys from around the boards in-game. I wanted a casual, friendly environment and I found it in Zybeznet.

View PostNinjastreak2, on 09 February 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

It's actually because we're super hardcore. :-D

Edited by Tee 3, 10 February 2013 - 01:41 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Helmbasilisk

Helmbasilisk

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostNinjastreak2, on 09 February 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

When asked about something that I did 2 years ago...the reasons aren't apparent. There were no flying citadels, avatars, or ranking system back then.

I never actually started searching for clans. It's quite the opposite. I guess why I was interested was because Zybez was my favorite site for RS help and info. How could I ignore it? It was the first site I stumbled over when looking for guides. I liked it, always used it for quests and calcs early on in membership (until RSwiki came along :innocent: ). Part of that reason is that our clan has a relaxed atmosphere. Yes, we have rules, but you are allowed to chat about anything that doesn't break them. As a long-term member, I wouldn't be leaving this clan for a while, maybe never. This is still my favorite community. It was only rather recently that I began actively posting on these forums.

Zybez was also my favourite site for help and info, I always used the quest guides to help and complete my quests and I still use the calculators a lot.

Edited by Helmbasilisk, 10 February 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#6 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

The last clan I was in before really getting into Zybez, W3A, knew one of my supposed 'friends' (long, long, long, story) was a botter and kicked him - but reinstated and even promoted the guy to a higher rank within a week. I remember asking the leaders why they decided to do that and remember their rationale either being awful or non-existant so left on the spot. When I heard of ZybezNet I was still searching for a replacement, and already being one of the 'original' Zchat groupies(?) plus becoming steadily more active on the forums, it was the natural choice.

Without wanting to toot the site's horn too much, Zybez genuinely is the most professional of all RS-related organisations. Go into other clans and/or FCs and you enter a world where the ranks kick who they want to remind everyone who's boss, promote their mates, demote people for the stupidest of reasons for the sake of it, and the list goes on. People actually have their heads screwed on right here. Makes for a nice change.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#7 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

The day citadels were released I rushed to the portal to join it. I was one of the first admins in the clan. I joined because well I work here, and I love the community so much and really had no other obligations with anyone else.

0vjB8Du.png

Platforms I also play on.

Xbox: Scraps Of Manga | Playstation MangaScraps

Steam: manga_scraps | Battle.Net: Manga#1499

Nintendo ID: Manga_Scraps | 3DS: 2578-3137-9250

#8 Jim

Jim

I'm constant like the seasons. I will never be forgotten.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

What Manga said pretty much sums it up. It helped that Content team got ranked from the start also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 The Corf

The Corf

The Corf has been quintupled!

• RS Name:The Corf
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

i joined the first week it were made, but for some reason i left after a month or something, don't remember precisely why, but today i joined gain because i love RSC and i already use zchat so it kinds only makes sense to join IMO

#10 Pixiee

Pixiee

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Wasn't really a reason why i joined, i remember that i'd just left another clan after having this massive argument with them about something,

i knew that i'd used Zybez for a while, (Didn't actually use the forums to post but i did read them etc) thought i'd tag along at a corp event from Jim, got through a few kills and was like yeh might as well join, got my invite from Ramu and never looked back!

And nothing like a first post ;-)  HIIIII ZYBEZ! :$

#11 Milktea4me

Milktea4me

I aim to please!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I found out about the clan on a whim and because I was raising in ranks at an exponential rate that it'd be fun to talk about Forum stuff in a clan that's name is familiar to me.

#12 Daz121994

Daz121994

★★★★★

• RS Name:Unknown
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

whats capping?
R1IV3R0FR3D ~ Death Before Dishonour ¬ RDK
L00TD3CT3R ~ The Green Dream ¬ AF
BLEED BLUE ~ No Guts No Glory ¬ Brut
They See Me Ronin They Hatin ¬ Ronin

#13 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostDaz121994, on 10 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

whats capping?
Gathering resources in the Citadel's skilling plots (maximum of 2,700) every week.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#14 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

I actually joined to ask how to get Runescape.com unblocked because my parents blocked it :D

#15 Duckysaurus

Duckysaurus

Admiral

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostDaz121994, on 10 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

whats capping?

Collecting resources in the citadel. Some people will tell you it means getting 2700/2700 (aka maxing) and some will tell you it means getting ~1350/2700 (approximate amount to get a clan ring and earn fealty). I usually take it to mean maxing.

Note that you only need to earn fealty to get ranks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Capping is actually good exp, If you are looking for a neat way to train a skill you can get a level with ease even in the 70s.

0vjB8Du.png

Platforms I also play on.

Xbox: Scraps Of Manga | Playstation MangaScraps

Steam: manga_scraps | Battle.Net: Manga#1499

Nintendo ID: Manga_Scraps | 3DS: 2578-3137-9250

#17 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Downfall

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm not in it but it looks like its a way for everyone to not only be part of the board community but to take it to the next level in game.

Edited by Dr Destiny, 10 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

5KOIjnM.png

#18 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostMurdoc, on 10 February 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

already being one of the 'original' Zchat groupies(?)
oh you. But same reason. :innocent:

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#19 blmred

blmred

• RS Name:blmred
  • Clan:zybeznet

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I joined on the first day of clans. I joined because i thought a helpsite made clan would be run better then a random one made by a grade 7.
By looking at our clans rank i think I was correct.  Before I joined zybeznet I use to be one of the people that just read chats and rarely talk, zybeznet changed me! I found lots of people that I love talking to. Our clanmates are smart, kind, helpful, funny and just 100% awesome!

#20 Mikuri

Mikuri

♥ Flowing love ~

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Kinda old user of Zybez forums and was looking for a nice clan. I knew some people by name in Zybez clan too, so why not, I was stalking the friend chat all the time lol

- Nice people.
- Easy to get help.
- Nice to help since most people are nice.
- Active, always people in it.
- And moarrrr
http://img594.images...660/gfsghdh.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: